Games Mafia Game 61 - The Lord of the Rings Edition - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain

The Fellowship enjoyed the sunlight after a good day. They got back the One Ring, and then focused in their second higher suspect: Galadriel
They had enough clues so they proceeded with the lynch fast.


Mafia Strongwoman

Afterwards, Haldir decided to confess his true allegiance, since he could not actually kill anyone anymore (and everyone was already losing their minds with this crazy journey)


Mafia Pirate
(Mafia Jesus)

:fan

So with this, all the Nazgul were defeated and the One Ring finally could be destroyed!


-------------------------o-------------------------

And so:

Finally, The Fellowship of the Townies win the Game!
:confetti




Bomb


Hoe


Barkeeper


Spy


Detective


Doctor

Congratulations!!!




Thank you to all the players for participating, from Empi and I :vbunny


Player List
​

  • @Farfalla - Faramir >>>> Recruiting Mason (Killed Night 2)
  • @GrySun - Boromir >>>> Mentor (Daykilled Day 2)
  • @Lady pompom - Pippin >>>> Investigator (Killed Night 2)
  • @gnut - Witchking of Angmar >>>> Mafia Boss (Lynched Day 3)
  • @Crescent_jinxgrace - Eowyn >>>> Mafia Janitor (Lynched Day 6)
  • @BluePegasus - Elrond >>>> Time Bomb (Hostkilled Day 2)
  • @Zasz - Grima >>>> Mafia Strongman (Lynched Day 2)
  • @MarmaladeSky - Theoden >>>> Spy
  • @Vandred - Gollum >>>> Sane Detective >>>> Mentee recruited on Night 1 (Daykilled Day 2)
  • @Cat Sidhe26 - Isildur >>>> Insane Detective (Lynched Day 1)
  • @Asako - Merry >>>> Barkeeper
  • @Gryffindor - Aragorn >>>> Mafia Boss (killed Night 2)
  • @Brandish - Legolas >>>> Bulletproof Townie (killed Night 4)
  • @Xadyu - Denethor >>>> Prostitute
  • @kira - Sauron >>>> DayTime Vigilante (Hostkilled Day 4)
  • @Belserion - Galadriel >>>> Mafia Strongman (Lynched Day 7)
  • @Juviii - Saruman >>>> Insane Doctor
  • @Organizized - Eomer >>>> Mafia Gambler (killed Night 2)
  • @shinobi - Sam >>>> Insane Detective
  • @Shobu_Yoruichi - Frodo >>>> Sane Doctor (Lynched Day 5)
  • @Holt - Bilbo >>>> Jesus >>>> becomes Townie due to role steal (Killed Night 3)
  • @Mononoke - Celeborn >>>> Mafia Poisoner (Hostkilled Day 3)
  • @goodboy_lawlett - Deagol >>>> Bomb
  • @EmptySoul - Arwen >>>> Mafia Escort (Daykilled Day 4)
  • @TSPanda - Gimli >>>> Mafia Bomb Defuser (Killed Night 1)
  • @Shinyarcanine45 - Haldir >>>> Mafia Jesus (Lynched Day 4) >>>> Mafia Pirate (Lynched Day 7)
  • @James Rye - Treebeard >>>> Martyr (Killed Night 5)
 
Last edited:

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,326
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
I'm here...and wow, gotta say I love the setup
 

Cat Sidhe26

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 12, 2015
Messages
7,294
Reaction score
16,204
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Votekill Vandred

Because we don't need Gollum in the game.
 

Mononoke

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2016
Messages
265
Reaction score
1,766
Age
26
Country
Joker
Woah these avi's are awesome.
Although I have seen LOTR I am not a big fan or anything so my knowledge on it is rather lacking...

I will read through and catch up on what I have missed so far later.
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,649
Gender
Female
Country
China
Ola everyone! Game looks fun and avas on point as usual

Man such complex rules :>

I have a few questions and/or observations:

> If you die while passing on the ring to mafia, does that mean that:
1. the Lord of the Ring isn’t mafia,
2. that the mafia is unaffected by this rule (i.e. they could pass it onto each other, incl LotR among them)
3. that there aren’t multiple mafia teams (since the rules don’t mention that mafia members too can die bc of these rules)?

Given Lambo's comment about third parties, the fact that they're not really touched upon in the ring rules and the certainty that even with 27 players we'll be done for sure before march.. There might just be a bunch more third party players that can kind of dodge some of the rules.

Because 'a hint a day keeps the lynch away' made me laugh pretty hard in class, I’ll go ahead and state I’ve dealt one of the least grateful roles in the game. Literally niche. It's technically an active role but it doesn’t offer much agency tbh. Some information, but barely any agency.
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
Votecount Day 1

votekill Gryffindor
votekill Organizized
Votekill Vandred
Votekill Grima
Votekill Lady pompom
Votekill Asako
Juviii said:
Votekill Cat Sidhe26
Organizized said:
I'll vote kill Isildur / Cat.
Brandish said:
Votekill Cat Sidhe26 aka Isildur
Vandred said:
votekill CatSidhe26
votekill Cat
Votekill Catsidhe
Gryffindor said:
Votekill kira
Crescent_jinxgrace said:
Votekill Mononoke
shinobi said:
Votekill Isildur/Catsidhe26
Asako said:
Votekill Catsidhe26/Isildur
Belserion said:
votekill catsidhe
Holt said:
votekill Asako
Lady Pompom said:
votekill catsihde26/Isildur
GrySun said:
!votekill Gryffindor
Mononoke said:
Votekill-Catsidhe26
TSPanda said:
Votekill Zasz
Shinyarcanine45 said:
votekill Gry
Votekill Gryff
Isildur/CatSidhe26 >>>>> x12 (Penalty vote, Juviii/Saruman, Organizized/Eomer, Brandish/Legolas, Vandred/Gollum, Farfaramir '-' , EmptySoul/Arwen, shinobi/Sam, Asako/Merry, Belserion/Galadriel, Lady Pompom/Pippin, Celeborn/Mononoke)
Gryffindor/Aragorn >>>> x3 (goodboy_lawlett/Deagol, GrySun/Boromir, MarmaladeSky/Theoden)
Merry/Asako >>>> x2 (gnut/Witchking, Holt/Bilbo)
Organizized/Eomer >>>> x1 (Xadyu/Denethor)
Vandred/Gollum >>>> x1 (Cat Sidhe26/Isildur)
Zasz/Grima >>>> x2 (kira/Sauron, TSPanda/Gimli)
Lady pompom/Pippin >>>> x1 (James Rye/Treebeard)
Kira/Sauron >>>> x1 (Gryffindor/Aragorn)
Mononoke/Celeborn >>>> x1 (Crescent_jinxgrace/Eowyn)
GrySun/Boromir >>>> x1 (Shinyarcanine45/Haldir)

--------o--------​



^for phone users ;)​
 
Last edited:

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
From what I got, as Orgz said, the LotR is the Mafia head. Pretty much the boss? (altho with rules change the host can just turn one of the mafias the leader, like it happened to Holt in my party last time).

Right now, the One Ring is with a townie for sure, 'cause that's what the rules says, as Gryff pointed out. And it also looks to me that the Fellowship is the town like Nazguls are mafia.

I don't think it's a good idea for us to try to get ideas about who's the ring bearer yet. The town has nothing to GAIN with it, and it is a concern to avoid the mafia to get it, but by keeping it hidden in the start, when we're many with little info, we're doing that alrdy.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,619
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Day 1 is probably one of the hardest days to start with the One Ring. Right now, it's risky to pass it and risky to use it, so I don't even know what advice to give to the poor fellow who started with it. Using it? Even though that doesn't even give any info to the bearer but still tells "something" to the mafia.
True, it‘s a pretty shitty spot to be in. Either you give it away and potentially give mafia a huge advantage, or you delay it for a couple phases. What if using it the first time gives mafia your name, so they know who has the ring lol.
But it could also be an interesting mind game if they know who has it, having mafia question if the ring bearer will use it again or give it away, potentially screwing over some of their kills.

So to whoever has it... just be yourself and good luck? :XD
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
I mean... the mafia will very likely get info about its location alrdy... if the bearer decides to use it, the mafia will get something about it (well, the mafia head). So might as well not help them out. If we abuse using the ring, we'll just keep sending in infos that could help them with the ring's location and our identities.

Btw, Ik this is a silly question, but we can't chose not to use the ring nor pass it, right? Every night we gotta decide what to do with it, instead of just keeping it, right?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,619
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I see that you guys started giving hits about your roles so I will give some too.
First of all I won't say if my role is active or passive as myself don't know where it should be put (but I think it's passive form what I understand )
Second I think I have a useful role that I hoped to get when I first read the rules ( still my least one that I wanted form the list of what I wanted )









More to come in the future.
This is pretty funny. You don‘t know whether yor role can be used or not?

We had this with beginners before and iirc it was always a mafia...
 

EmptySoul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
765
Reaction score
3,282
Country
Akatsuki
Damn,will definitely take a while for me to fully understand these rules :XD



My hint is:
Active,doesnt really fit my character from what ive read about her :hmm
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
To clarify doubts o/
Ola everyone! Game looks fun and avas on point as usual

Man such complex rules :>

I have a few questions and/or observations:

> If you die while passing on the ring to mafia, does that mean that:
1. the Lord of the Ring isn’t mafia,
2. that the mafia is unaffected by this rule (i.e. they could pass it onto each other, incl LotR among them)
3. that there aren’t multiple mafia teams (since the rules don’t mention that mafia members too can die bc of these rules)?

Given Lambo's comment about third parties, the fact that they're not really touched upon in the ring rules and the certainty that even with 27 players we'll be done for sure before march.. There might just be a bunch more third party players that can kind of dodge some of the rules.

Because 'a hint a day keeps the lynch away' made me laugh pretty hard in class, I’ll go ahead and state I’ve dealt one of the least grateful roles in the game. Literally niche. It's technically an active role but it doesn’t offer much agency tbh. Some information, but barely any agency.

The Lord of the Rings is Mafia. He's actually the only Mafia member that can use it (the rest can only hold it in the day and pass it) and yes, Mafia members are unaffected by this rule.

And as some of you pointed out: Fellowship member = Townie ; Nazgul = Mafia ;)

What if using it the first time gives mafia your name, so they know who has the ring lol.
The Lord of the Ring will not get the chance to know the name of the Bearer if he uses it for the first time, that "curse" could happen if he uses it for a second time.

  • Whenever a Ring Bearer puts on the One Ring at night, the Lord of the Ring will inmediately notice it.
  • Were the One Ring to be used for the first time, the Lord of the Ring may receive sensitive information about the Ring Bearer at the end of the Night Phase.
  • If the One Ring is used for a second time, the Mafia will have the chance to either "corrupt" the Bearers action or check his identity by the end of the Night Phase.
  • If you use the One Ring for the third time... lets say you will end up like poor Smeagol.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
A person cant hold it without using it, right Lambu? I mean, not using but also not passing. It would break the system but just to be 100% clear on that
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
If he/she can't just keep it, I'd recommend the person to use it once, then pass it next.
With the level of uncertainty right now, it's too risky to pass it. If he/she uses it now (N1), he/she'll get immune from killings which could turn out well. Then the mafia will get a sensible info on him/her at the end of N1, say, his/her role. They still don't know to what person that role belongs to so it's not critical at this point (I believe this works the same way about any info as long as the indetity is hidden, but correct me if I'm wrong). The only fucked up point would be if they'd get the person's name, cause the person would pass the ring on D2 and keep it for N2 (since the person's target only gets the ring on the following day - D3). If mafia knew who he/she was, they'd kill him/her on N2. Since they won't know, then screw them xP Immunity for now sounds like the best path. (a course to be reviewed as the game progresses tho).
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
A person cant hold it without using it, right Lambu? I mean, not using but also not passing. It would break the system but just to be 100% clear on that
That is correct.

> The Ring Bearer will decide to either pass or use the ring through the course of the Day Phase. Were the ring to be passed, it wont be transfered to the selected player until the next Day Phase.
If the Ring Bearer has not decided on passing the ring, he/she will keep it and use it in the night.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
I agree, that's my interpretation of the rules as well.



If you have an action that you can use, it's active. If you don't and your role only triggers when something happens, it's passive. Simple as that. :cookiehand


I suppose it should be noted that for as long as I have played, every time someone said they didn't know if their role was active or passive they ended up being confused mafias and easy Day 1 lynches...
This is pretty funny. You don‘t know whether yor role can be used or not?

We had this with beginners before and iirc it was always a mafia...
Great I m already being suspected in my first day in this game.

@Lady pompom is this the fate of being cousins ?



Btw who ever have the ring I think it's best not to use it in this stage of the game or it will give the mafia a huge advantage.
There isn't much going neither right now so I think it's best to use it only if it's a must.

And I have a question @Lambu when you said that the mafia will not get to know the bearer name for the first time but only the second time the bearer use it.
Does that mean if the bearer use it once then he gave it to someone else, will it get reseted to zero for them or will the count stay the same ?
That mean it will still be counted as used once.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Let's hope the One Ring isn't with Zasz \o/ It would be so cute if he'd pull a Spy on it '-'

So far I got my eyes on Asako and Cat for the comments they made here (Asako about her role) and in the discussion (Cat). Also in Bia, 'cause as Vand said, that was her exact MO in the previous game. And then in Vand himself 'cause the last two times we played I was scum/TP and he was town and I paid a lot of attention on his actions fearing he would fuck me up and noticed he was being quite reserved in the first days, prolly trying to survive a bit more or collecting info without being under the radars, and would participate more towards the end. Now he's quite active right of the bat, and I'm not liking this change.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,619
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Great I m already being suspected in my first day in this game.

@Lady pompom is this the fate of being cousins ?



Btw who ever have the ring I think it's best not to use it in this stage of the game or it will give the mafia a huge advantage.
There isn't much going neither right now so I think it's best to use it only if it's a must.

And I have a question @Lambu when you said that the mafia will not get to know the bearer name for the first time but only the second time the bearer use it.
Does that mean if the bearer use it once then he gave it to someone else, will it get reseted to zero for them or will the count stay the same ?
That mean it will still be counted as used once.
So you acknowledge being suspected, but then say nothing more about it but a gif and tagging Bia?
Why not just respond to it and clear up the doubts?

Asako my dear, I‘m not very liking this. But there are also more beginners to question.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,326
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Tbh, pretty messed up for townie to have the ring...using it once or repeatedly is counter productive, and passing it to a mafia results in death..it's a lose lose tbh. Also, initially, I was thinking the game might get broken fast if the mafia get the ring, since they can simply pass it the LotR the following night, but I don't know what benefits the Lord gets from the ring...and then, tbh, if mafia knowingly passes it back to town again, it'd just screw things up more...I think town is severely handicapped with the one ring

About my hints, I haven't had the role before..I'm looking forward to it though. It fits my character in a sense
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,563
Country
Dragonstone
I checked some old threads today to understand the game better!!!

My role is an active role.
as for the ring bearer, I think it's better to use the ring once then decide what to do with it, whom to pass it to. the LOTR will get to know something bout the bearer without knowing who he is.

and @Lambu can you answer one more question?? I want to make sure, If the ring is successfully passed from one person to another, is the identity of the previous bearer revealed?? I'm a bit confused about this:
"> Previous Ring Bearers also have a non-disclosure agreement to ensure the safety of the Fellowship, so they cannot reveal who did they pass the ring to."
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,619
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Ok, I thought about what to do since yesterday, and I made up my mind.

I‘m a Paranoid Gun Owner. I’m saying this because I don‘t want to kill a townie and be at fault for out loss if we lose. I blame myself enough for these games already as is.

The other option I thought about was trying to pull some play and bait a mafia escort on me, but it‘s way too risky. And without going in with some well laid out plan(which frankly I can‘t think of a reliable one) to ensure the highest priority action that‘s first used on me is from a mafia, I think it‘s an awful idea to keep my PGO role hidden and let luck decide what happens(like previous PGOs often did).

Saying this pretty much ensures mafia will never target me, but unless a townie eats my shot for them I can still be useful as a night immune townie.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
So you acknowledge being suspected, but then say nothing more about it but a gif and tagging Bia?
Why not just respond to it and clear up the doubts?

Asako my dear, I‘m not very liking this. But there are also more beginners to question.
I acknowledge being suspected.
So let me give you guys a better hit:
It works similar to a detective in same ways but not really and it's not a detective.
So it's an active role.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top