Games Mafia Game 61 - The Lord of the Rings Edition - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain

The Fellowship enjoyed the sunlight after a good day. They got back the One Ring, and then focused in their second higher suspect: Galadriel
They had enough clues so they proceeded with the lynch fast.


Mafia Strongwoman

Afterwards, Haldir decided to confess his true allegiance, since he could not actually kill anyone anymore (and everyone was already losing their minds with this crazy journey)


Mafia Pirate
(Mafia Jesus)

:fan

So with this, all the Nazgul were defeated and the One Ring finally could be destroyed!


-------------------------o-------------------------

And so:

Finally, The Fellowship of the Townies win the Game!
:confetti




Bomb


Hoe


Barkeeper


Spy


Detective


Doctor

Congratulations!!!




Thank you to all the players for participating, from Empi and I :vbunny


Player List
​

  • @Farfalla - Faramir >>>> Recruiting Mason (Killed Night 2)
  • @GrySun - Boromir >>>> Mentor (Daykilled Day 2)
  • @Lady pompom - Pippin >>>> Investigator (Killed Night 2)
  • @gnut - Witchking of Angmar >>>> Mafia Boss (Lynched Day 3)
  • @Crescent_jinxgrace - Eowyn >>>> Mafia Janitor (Lynched Day 6)
  • @BluePegasus - Elrond >>>> Time Bomb (Hostkilled Day 2)
  • @Zasz - Grima >>>> Mafia Strongman (Lynched Day 2)
  • @MarmaladeSky - Theoden >>>> Spy
  • @Vandred - Gollum >>>> Sane Detective >>>> Mentee recruited on Night 1 (Daykilled Day 2)
  • @Cat Sidhe26 - Isildur >>>> Insane Detective (Lynched Day 1)
  • @Asako - Merry >>>> Barkeeper
  • @Gryffindor - Aragorn >>>> Mafia Boss (killed Night 2)
  • @Brandish - Legolas >>>> Bulletproof Townie (killed Night 4)
  • @Xadyu - Denethor >>>> Prostitute
  • @kira - Sauron >>>> DayTime Vigilante (Hostkilled Day 4)
  • @Belserion - Galadriel >>>> Mafia Strongman (Lynched Day 7)
  • @Juviii - Saruman >>>> Insane Doctor
  • @Organizized - Eomer >>>> Mafia Gambler (killed Night 2)
  • @shinobi - Sam >>>> Insane Detective
  • @Shobu_Yoruichi - Frodo >>>> Sane Doctor (Lynched Day 5)
  • @Holt - Bilbo >>>> Jesus >>>> becomes Townie due to role steal (Killed Night 3)
  • @Mononoke - Celeborn >>>> Mafia Poisoner (Hostkilled Day 3)
  • @goodboy_lawlett - Deagol >>>> Bomb
  • @EmptySoul - Arwen >>>> Mafia Escort (Daykilled Day 4)
  • @TSPanda - Gimli >>>> Mafia Bomb Defuser (Killed Night 1)
  • @Shinyarcanine45 - Haldir >>>> Mafia Jesus (Lynched Day 4) >>>> Mafia Pirate (Lynched Day 7)
  • @James Rye - Treebeard >>>> Martyr (Killed Night 5)
 
Last edited:

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
And I have a question @Lambu when you said that the mafia will not get to know the bearer name for the first time but only the second time the bearer use it.
Does that mean if the bearer use it once then he gave it to someone else, will it get reseted to zero for them or will the count stay the same ?
That mean it will still be counted as used once.
The curse is "cumulative", so if a previous Ring Bearer receives the ring again, he/she will enter the pertinent stage of the curse.

In other words: If a previous Ring Bearer that used the ring once becomes a Ring Bearer again, using the ring again would mean to enter stage 2 of the curse. There's no reset of the sorts.

and @Lambu can you answer one more question?? I want to make sure, If the ring is successfully passed from one person to another, is the identity of the previous bearer revealed?? I'm a bit confused about this:
"> Previous Ring Bearers also have a non-disclosure agreement to ensure the safety of the Fellowship, so they cannot reveal who did they pass the ring to."
That clause is for players that were Ring Bearers but they are not anymore. Previous bearers dont have their identities revealed.
They can say they had the ring, but they cannot reveal who did they pass it to.

Well... they can... but that massive penalty will fall on the infractor. :rolleyes:
 

kira

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2016
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
17,395
Country
Torumekian Empire
still don't understand why we have to lynch on day 1 :arf

but I have no choice so...

Votekill Grima :kappa

-----------------------------

Role hint: not a fan of it :arf :notamused
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well, Demon and Erin instructed me on mafia path on my 1st game, but no, I'm not a mafia Lady.
Actually I have a perfect 50% rate of townie and mafia roles :hmph. In four games I was townie twice (and I had prostitute role in both 8'D) and mafia twice (as poisoner and escort respectively). It was mafia-townie-townie-mafia. You can check it.

I know how this works, but it's really interesting how there are so many players left to give hints (and some didn't give that much specific hints either like everyone else pretty much does on D1) and both you and Vand are trying to get more hints from me, really... :heh

James Ryes- My role fits my Avatar if you think about how Treebeard descripted what Ents are.
My role is useful in specific situations.
My role is active.
Vandred -I got a passive role that... sort of fits my avy in an ironic way
Juvii- I'm innocent!
...and useful...
Farfalla- I'm not sure if I had this role before, and I won't check back @.@ it could be useful, or it could never get to be useful and right now, as things stands, I'm not of much use '-'
GrySun I was hoping for a good role. What I got is definitely not what I had in mind It's used rarely and imo it sucks hard. I can understand why a role like this is in such a big game but I don't like this at all.
Lady Pompom- Never had this role before (had the following roles: Prostitute,Mafia Poisoner and Mafia Escort)


I tell the truth (laugh if you want:XD) and my hints become more specific with the time, that's my playstyle, so that't what I'll say for today. :amuse

Intrigues me how there are many roles with "specific conditions" to work. :hmm
Yeah, if it is a meaningful hit. Your hint is practically worthless and like last time feels you want to avoid making too much of a concession of a or several certain roles before talking it over with your mafia buddies who should claim/hint on what possible roles from day 2. Basically like last time when you were Mafia. Gimme a real hint and till then I vote on lynching you to see what you really are:
Votekill Lady pompom

@ the rest of us We might want to consider that our Ring bearer might be a Mason Recruiter meaning he can get his own fellowship of trusted townies he can hand over the ring with ofc the negative side-effect of destroying important townie roles like detective or doctor. And if that is the case then I suggest to the Mason Recruiter to recruit me as my role isn't as important as such roles.

And besides role hints we should make an extra quote for ring hints in case of them being important enough to be mentioned.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,623
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I acknowledge being suspected.
So let me give you guys a better hit:
It works similar to a detective in same ways but not really and it's not a detective.
So it's an active role.
But if it‘s obviously something that works similar to det, how could it possibly confuse you whether it‘s active or passive?

Other beginners we have are: @BluePegasus @Cat Sidhe26 @kira (played once but doubt it changes much) @Juviii @Shobu_Yoruichi could you all tell us something about the roles you have?

That‘s just my 5 people tag limit, I‘ll tag the others in another post.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I acknowledge being suspected.
So let me give you guys a better hit:
It works similar to a detective in same ways but not really and it's not a detective.
So it's an active role.
What about your comment in the discussion thread...that you thought mafia had a better chance of winning.
Does a townie worry about such things?


You say you didnt know if your role was active or passive....but if its similarvto detective,how could you not know?

Votekill Asako
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Yeah, if it is a meaningful hit. Your hint is practically worthless and like last time feels you want to avoid making too much of a concession of a or several certain roles before talking it over with your mafia buddies who should claim/hint on what possible roles from day 2. Basically like last time when you were Mafia. Gimme a real hint and till then I vote on lynching you to see what you really are:
Votekill Lady pompom

@ the rest of us We might want to consider that our Ring bearer might be a Mason Recruiter meaning he can get his own fellowship of trusted townies he can hand over the ring with ofc the negative side-effect of destroying important townie roles like detective or doctor. And if that is the case then I suggest to the Mason Recruiter to recruit me as my role isn't as important as such roles.

And besides role hints we should make an extra quote for ring hints in case of them being important enough to be mentioned.
But then what if you are a mafia, the mason recruiter will be in a bad position.
And by you saying that I feel sad for the ones that have an important role, they will be targeted a lot.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
What about your comment in the discussion thread...that you thought mafia had a better chance of winning.
Does a townie worry about such things?


You say you didnt know if your role was active or passive....but if its similarvto detective,how could you not know?

Votekill Asako
Oh, so it was also Asako? XD Thought it was Cat.

But then what if you are a mafia, the mason recruiter will be in a bad position.
Well, either if he's mafia or townie if the mason recruiter shows up dead next, James will be alrdy under observation, lmao.
(since the recruiter could go for whoever else and die due to it, and people will still remember that post from James).
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,623
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I'm not sure if I had this role before, and I won't check back @.@ it could be useful, or it could never get to be useful and right now, as things stands, I'm not of much use '-'
This kinda doesn‘t say anything. Maybe I had the role, maybe not. Could be useful, maybe not. :hmm
Just pointing out it sounds a bit weird, don‘t hurt me.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
But if it‘s obviously something that works similar to det, how could it possibly confuse you whether it‘s active or passive?

Other beginners we have are: @BluePegasus @Cat Sidhe26 @kira (played once but doubt it changes much) @Juviii @Shobu_Yoruichi could you all tell us something about the roles you have?

That‘s just my 5 people tag limit, I‘ll tag the others in another post.
What about your comment in the discussion thread...that you thought mafia had a better chance of winning.
Does a townie worry about such things?


You say you didnt know if your role was active or passive....but if its similarvto detective,how could you not know?

Votekill Asako
Well in being active or not I was confused as it's in game role or not.
By that I mean that my role doesn't really affect the game to much like a doctor or a detective but it's s more backstage role that will help me.
That why I didn't know if it's active or not ( I still kinda don't know but thanks for the clarification )
And gnut come on, if you were new here couldn't you think the mafia have a better advantage as they know each other they only have to eliminate others.
I was surprised that the townies won three straight wins ( and even if the mafia did win three straight wins I cloud be surprised I mean it THREE WIN IN A ROW)
And yes the townies are literally target by the mafia so I think they could be worried as they suspect even they own fellow townies and so I though the mafia could have a bigger advantage at wining.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Oh, so it was also Asako? XD Thought it was Cat.


Well, either if he's mafia or townie if the mason recruiter shows up dead next, James will be alrdy under observation, lmao.
(since the recruiter could go for whoever else and die due to it, and people will still remember that post from James).
Yes that was also me, cat didn't do nothing.
And that really useful about the mason information.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,623
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Well in being active or not I was confused as it's in game role or not.
By that I mean that my role doesn't really affect the game to much like a doctor or a detective but it's s more backstage role that will help me.
That why I didn't know if it's active or not ( I still kinda don't know but thanks for the clarification )
And gnut come on, if you were new here couldn't you think the mafia have a better advantage as they know each other they only have to eliminate others.
I was surprised that the townies won three straight wins ( and even if the mafia did win three straight wins I cloud be surprised I mean it THREE WIN IN A ROW)
And yes the townies are literally target by the mafia so I think they could be worried as they suspect even they own fellow townies and so I though the mafia could have a bigger advantage at wining.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Yes that was also me, cat didn't do nothing.
And that really useful about the mason information.
Don‘t let recent results fool you, mafia generally wins more games than town.

And I‘m not sure how much I buy that explanation. You thought active roles are roles that affect the game a lot? Hm.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Don‘t let recent results fool you, mafia generally wins more games than town.

And I‘m not sure how much I buy that explanation. You thought active roles are roles that affect the game a lot? Hm.
Yeah now that I think about it, I m embarrassed by my statement......:paperbag
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,900
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
The one ring seems like a double edged sword than anything, I'm curious how this will play out. If we look at the original lore it would make sense the one ring would be in the hands of town right now (as the adventure starts with Bilbo/Frodo having the ring, unless we go back in time a little bit more ofcourse).
Also, the other rings of powers is certainly a nice touch to this game!


As for a hint on my role:
It's active, can't say that an actual King would participate in said activity. I have servants for that, obviously.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well in being active or not I was confused as it's in game role or not.
By that I mean that my role doesn't really affect the game to much like a doctor or a detective but it's s more backstage role that will help me.
That why I didn't know if it's active or not ( I still kinda don't know but thanks for the clarification )
And gnut come on, if you were new here couldn't you think the mafia have a better advantage as they know each other they only have to eliminate others.
I was surprised that the townies won three straight wins ( and even if the mafia did win three straight wins I cloud be surprised I mean it THREE WIN IN A ROW)
And yes the townies are literally target by the mafia so I think they could be worried as they suspect even they own fellow townies and so I though the mafia could have a bigger advantage at wining.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Yes that was also me, cat didn't do nothing.
And that really useful about the mason information.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,623
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Yeah it‘s 100% on a townie at start. And while the vote penalty isn‘t big for day 1, the ring bearer being revealed to the mafia can be very dangerous. I don‘t think the danger and risk is worth a confirmed townie. In theory the ring bearer could mindgame against the mafia even if they know he has the ring, as he could protect himself and block kills for 2 or 3 nights even, or fool them into thinking he‘ll protect himself while giving it away to someone else.

It‘s a fun concept for sure, but such a mindgame would be extremely risky too. Especially if there‘s multiple mafias and 3rd parties.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Will you ever quit those comments? Lmao, you're a real prick.
What?

I swear dealing with you is impossible. Either I say something normally and you get offended, or I put a warning with my words and then you‘re still offended. What do you want me to do exactly? Ignore you all game?

This is rather infuriating for me as well.
 

Cat Sidhe26

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 12, 2015
Messages
7,294
Reaction score
16,204
Gender
Female
Country
United States
But if it‘s obviously something that works similar to det, how could it possibly confuse you whether it‘s active or passive?

Other beginners we have are: @BluePegasus @Cat Sidhe26 @kira (played once but doubt it changes much) @Juviii @Shobu_Yoruichi could you all tell us something about the roles you have?

That‘s just my 5 people tag limit, I‘ll tag the others in another post.
Well I think I have an inactive role.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
"don't hurt me" is a warning? '-' Heh, it's rather tactless, as if you take pleasure in remarking what haunts people. Did I do anything in a while to deserve that "warning"? I guess I am a puzzle indeed, or I just despise the taunting? You're getting mad on your own doing for real now o.O lmao

But yeah, my hint in good enough, people are never satisfied with them anyway (I'm active - old style hinting <- bad; I'm passive and might harm if I die <- bad; I'm not useful now and might grow to be, but there's a chance that won't happen <- bad). I won't reveal it like you did so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Btw, your reveal is also very convenient, for the sake of pointing it out. Now you have an excuse for not being a mafia target at night - in case you're mafia yourself. With the precedent of "unique" roles showing up as repeated, this wouldn't even be a bold move for a mafia anymore. If a PGO would come out later - now that you have all the doubts solved about the One Ring and people have the perception the town is in a disadvantage - you can claim that 2 PGOs is possible and that the town needs its weapons to fight the Nazguls. Sooooooo yeah... we're all walking on iffy ground.

And, since you put me, Vand and Greg on the same "attention to" bunch, might as well squeeze Greg? If he provided a hint, I missed it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top