Games Mafia Game 61 - The Lord of the Rings Edition - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain

The Fellowship enjoyed the sunlight after a good day. They got back the One Ring, and then focused in their second higher suspect: Galadriel
They had enough clues so they proceeded with the lynch fast.


Mafia Strongwoman

Afterwards, Haldir decided to confess his true allegiance, since he could not actually kill anyone anymore (and everyone was already losing their minds with this crazy journey)


Mafia Pirate
(Mafia Jesus)

:fan

So with this, all the Nazgul were defeated and the One Ring finally could be destroyed!


-------------------------o-------------------------

And so:

Finally, The Fellowship of the Townies win the Game!
:confetti




Bomb


Hoe


Barkeeper


Spy


Detective


Doctor

Congratulations!!!




Thank you to all the players for participating, from Empi and I :vbunny


Player List
​

  • @Farfalla - Faramir >>>> Recruiting Mason (Killed Night 2)
  • @GrySun - Boromir >>>> Mentor (Daykilled Day 2)
  • @Lady pompom - Pippin >>>> Investigator (Killed Night 2)
  • @gnut - Witchking of Angmar >>>> Mafia Boss (Lynched Day 3)
  • @Crescent_jinxgrace - Eowyn >>>> Mafia Janitor (Lynched Day 6)
  • @BluePegasus - Elrond >>>> Time Bomb (Hostkilled Day 2)
  • @Zasz - Grima >>>> Mafia Strongman (Lynched Day 2)
  • @MarmaladeSky - Theoden >>>> Spy
  • @Vandred - Gollum >>>> Sane Detective >>>> Mentee recruited on Night 1 (Daykilled Day 2)
  • @Cat Sidhe26 - Isildur >>>> Insane Detective (Lynched Day 1)
  • @Asako - Merry >>>> Barkeeper
  • @Gryffindor - Aragorn >>>> Mafia Boss (killed Night 2)
  • @Brandish - Legolas >>>> Bulletproof Townie (killed Night 4)
  • @Xadyu - Denethor >>>> Prostitute
  • @kira - Sauron >>>> DayTime Vigilante (Hostkilled Day 4)
  • @Belserion - Galadriel >>>> Mafia Strongman (Lynched Day 7)
  • @Juviii - Saruman >>>> Insane Doctor
  • @Organizized - Eomer >>>> Mafia Gambler (killed Night 2)
  • @shinobi - Sam >>>> Insane Detective
  • @Shobu_Yoruichi - Frodo >>>> Sane Doctor (Lynched Day 5)
  • @Holt - Bilbo >>>> Jesus >>>> becomes Townie due to role steal (Killed Night 3)
  • @Mononoke - Celeborn >>>> Mafia Poisoner (Hostkilled Day 3)
  • @goodboy_lawlett - Deagol >>>> Bomb
  • @EmptySoul - Arwen >>>> Mafia Escort (Daykilled Day 4)
  • @TSPanda - Gimli >>>> Mafia Bomb Defuser (Killed Night 1)
  • @Shinyarcanine45 - Haldir >>>> Mafia Jesus (Lynched Day 4) >>>> Mafia Pirate (Lynched Day 7)
  • @James Rye - Treebeard >>>> Martyr (Killed Night 5)
 
Last edited:

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
-i dont think i quite understand Asakos explanation about not knowing if shes active or passive :huh
I do have a townie role in mind that more or less fits the description, but I neither want to help the mafia make choices tonight if she's innocent nor give her ideas if she's not. She'd be a good Det target, I guess.
 

Gryffindor

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2017
Messages
158
Reaction score
4,056
Country
Gotei 13
Votekill kira.

Think Cat made an honest mistake.
As for Asako, the active/passive mishap is something I can believe since I myself had trouble with distinguishing active and passive roles during my first game. Needed Vandred to explain to me.
Doesn't necessarily mean they're in the clear, but its enough for benefit of the doubt.

Yea, town=fellowship makes more sense.

What about ring-bearers... those who can't disclose anything... can this be used (on first day especially) to advantage? That's the main thing I wanted to talk about lol.
I don't think it can be. Let's assume the Ring Bearer passes the ring, they will know who they passed it to. If they survive and their isn't an announcement that the LOTR is in possession of it, then they can safely assume the person they passed it to is town. Then lets assume the person who received the ring(who is town in this scenario) does the same thing with the same results, i.e. passing it successfully to another town player. They would then know that player is town as well. So we now have 3 confirmed townies(the original bearer, the person they passed it to(A),the person A passed it to(B).) The catch here is that the three wouldn't know that all 3 are town. Original bearer would know A is town, A will know B is town, but Original wouldn't know B is town. I take it that the person receiving doesn't know who is the passer? That make sense?
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
It's hard to see Cat's mistake as honest if she won't explain her mental process to go from "investigative" to "inactive" so quickly, it's too contradictory and abrupt to fit a deep analysis on her actions, as Crescent suggested, and that's the problem people are having with her claims, not the edit itself.
 

Gryffindor

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2017
Messages
158
Reaction score
4,056
Country
Gotei 13
Well I think you can see it two ways:
1) She's a mafia trying to make a claim. She wasn't sure what to claim(or whatever other reason) and she went back on it, hence the edit.
2) She realized that hint was too revealing for her liking, whether it was to keep her role hidden for fear of being targeted or whatever, thus the edit to inactive, probably meaning passive.

Not defending that, but its something I can see a new player doing. These type of mistakes have resulted in mafia lynches in recent games so I'm not against it, just that its a gut feeling that it was an honest mistake.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
2) She realized that hint was too revealing for her liking, whether it was to keep her role hidden for fear of being targeted or whatever, thus the edit to inactive, probably meaning passive.
But that's another point people brought up. She thought it was too revealing and decided to change it for her safety, ok. But then why go the complete opposite way, instead of keeping up with her role and providing less, say, ACTIVE? There isn't any investigative role that is passive. She not only decided to change her hint but to also lie about it, either with the first one or the second.
If she didn't mean passive, then she let us believe that as well... she was questioned about what she meant with "inactive" multiple times and evaded it.

I'm not attacking it either and trying to move you people's hand on it, but I'm just failing at seeing a line where she would be a townie like that, and of course answers would help a lot, but as someone also said, she's looks reluctant to provide them.
 

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,384
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Votekill: Mononoke

That’s about as random of vote:kill as I think of.....
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,622
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
GrySuns role is very convenient like someone mentioned earlier
Already tempted to blow him up :e3 dw im not bomb this game
Ironically if you tried blowing me this time it‘d be you alone dying :heh
I get why some call it convenient but what else am I supposed to do with this role? Either lay low and tell you next day „I think X person died on me“ which is what previous PGOs did and it was even more convenient, or warn everyone in advance so we don‘t lose an important townie for nothing.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
A part of me thinks we should let Cat live in the event she's a messy starting Detective or the like. If she's townie, she's pretty much dead now. So that part wants to go with Asako.

On the other hand her whole speech is just too messy to make me believe she's townie if I ignore the role she could have. I cant think of reasons even for a newbie to change the post with so contrasting contents the way she did, in that short time spam, so I'll go with votekill Cat for now as well.
It slightly reminds me of the Reebi situation from the SnK game, but this one is even worse. Only saying you can‘t edit but not explaining why completely change a given information.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
i trust you fella
I mean I also trust Cat that he didn‘t know he isn‘t allowed to edit. But that‘s not really the point here.
 

Gryffindor

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2017
Messages
158
Reaction score
4,056
Country
Gotei 13
But that's another point people brought up. She thought it was too revealing and decided to change it for her safety, ok. But then why go the complete opposite way, instead of keeping up with her role and providing less, say, ACTIVE? There isn't any investigative role that is passive. She not only decided to change her hint but to also lie about it, either with the first one or the second.
If she didn't mean passive, then she let us believe that as well... she was questioned about what she meant with "inactive" multiple times and evaded it.

I'm not attacking it either and trying to move you people's hand on it, but I'm just failing at seeing a line where she would be a townie like that, and of course answers would help a lot, but as someone also said, she's looks reluctant to provide them.
Because it was a panic edit? Those points are valid, I'm not denying that. But if I try to envision myself doing the same type of thing i.e. panic edit, where the possibility of someone reading my post before it being edited, I can see what has occurred and what I've proposed happening. Not to say that I'm right, like I said, its a feeling.
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,565
Country
Dragonstone
I went through the last pages fast and except for Grysun being pestered for looking too inviting It doesn't seem like there are new stuff that happened after Cat's thing.

Since I doubt I'll be able to check again before the day phase ends Votekill Cat Sidhe26/Isildur
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,653
Gender
Female
Country
China
I guess starting next game all new players are sent a link of the rules lmao
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Because it was a panic edit? Those points are valid, I'm not denying that. But if I try to envision myself doing the same type of thing i.e. panic edit, where the possibility of someone reading my post before it being edited, I can see what has occurred and what I've proposed happening. Not to say that I'm right, like I said, its a feeling.
Ok, since you're putting yourself on her shoes, after being questioned about your weird course of actions, would you still evade it, then?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,622
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Votekill kira.

Think Cat made an honest mistake.
As for Asako, the active/passive mishap is something I can believe since I myself had trouble with distinguishing active and passive roles during my first game. Needed Vandred to explain to me.
Doesn't necessarily mean they're in the clear, but its enough for benefit of the doubt.



I don't think it can be. Let's assume the Ring Bearer passes the ring, they will know who they passed it to. If they survive and their isn't an announcement that the LOTR is in possession of it, then they can safely assume the person they passed it to is town. Then lets assume the person who received the ring(who is town in this scenario) does the same thing with the same results, i.e. passing it successfully to another town player. They would then know that player is town as well. So we now have 3 confirmed townies(the original bearer, the person they passed it to(A),the person A passed it to(B).) The catch here is that the three wouldn't know that all 3 are town. Original bearer would know A is town, A will know B is town, but Original wouldn't know B is town. I take it that the person receiving doesn't know who is the passer? That make sense?
I don‘t understand your reasoning for giving them the benefit of the doubt, since in your first game you were mafia. Of course you‘d be confused as a beginner since you don‘t know whether the town role you‘re trying to fale as is active or passive. If you had the role in front of you in a PM I doubt anyone would mess up like that. Which makes me doubt them more instead.

And was that kira vote completely random? You didn‘t quite comment on it.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Votekill Isildur/CatSidhe26.
I didn't really read what going on but I will be back after two hours to see what happen as to why I chose cat its seem that he still suspicious by the look of how many votes.
 

Shobu_Yoruichi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
731
Reaction score
4,330
Gender
Hidden
Country
Chile
Damn... i can't look Frodo's image to put it in my avi! :xp

Just to say... my master taught me something:



So...:datass sorry, not so sorry.

A read a lot of post, i'm incredibly dazzled by @Farfalla cause his writing improved a lot, i don't understand shit about it, and that is the best for this game.

I only understand that i must give a hint about my character, so here it goes:

I'm not active, despite the fact that i need everybody's help to reach Mordor.
:cookiehand
 

Gryffindor

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2017
Messages
158
Reaction score
4,056
Country
Gotei 13
Ok, since you're putting yourself on her shoes, after being questioned about your weird course of actions, would you still evade it, then?
Depends. I'd like to think I would be able to make an adequate edit and avoid this situation, in the case I don't I'd make an attempt to quell doubts.

I don‘t understand your reasoning for giving them the benefit of the doubt, since in your first game you were mafia. Of course you‘d be confused as a beginner since you don‘t know whether the town role you‘re trying to fale as is active or passive. If you had the role in front of you in a PM I doubt anyone would mess up like that. Which makes me doubt them more instead.

And was that kira vote completely random? You didn‘t quite comment on it.
Not really. You could pick a role to claim as Mafia and go read the description in the rules section. You can doubt them. I'm not saying they're 100% clear and I'm not really trying to fight for them(they can do that themselves), even if seems that way.

Yes it was random.
 

EmptySoul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
765
Reaction score
3,282
Country
Akatsuki
Ironically if you tried blowing me this time it‘d be you alone dying :heh
I get why some call it convenient but what else am I supposed to do with this role? Either lay low and tell you next day „I think X person died on me“ which is what previous PGOs did and it was even more convenient, or warn everyone in advance so we don‘t lose an important townie for nothing.
You do have a point,Even though i still find it pretty convenient i believe you for now,will keep an eye out for you though :fan

Votekill Isildur/CatSidhe26.
I didn't really read what going on but I will be back after two hours to see what happen as to why I chose cat its seem that he still suspicious by the look of how many votes.
In other words you're bandwagoning? :heh
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,653
Gender
Female
Country
China
Well the issue is the way he went about it, if it was a cutesy spelling error no one would even mention it
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I don't want to bandwagon cat because of something that seems at face value an honest newbie mistake. But then again being new doesn't mean you can't know exactly what you're doing, especially if you took the time to go through old threads and read the rules.

Its a bit of a busy day for me and since there's just over an hour to go and I'm not sure I'll be here between now and the end of the day phase I'll votekill catsidhe. I really hope the role she claimed isn't her actual role.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top