Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
Yonkou with the final nail on the coffin
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Look like :
Spring end in 14
Color page for black clover, we never learn & Jujutsu Kaisen in 15
For spring : 6th volume in april & 7th (final) in may
 

suntaclaus

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
28
Reaction score
15
Gender
Male
Country
Russian Federation
Does anyone know if it is natural ending for Spring Weapon or forced?
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Oh, so it actually ended. Now I'm curious how they'll do the gag manga since there's only Lycopenne as one and it's still something like Isobee. I like gag manga so I would love to see new ones since Saiki ended and Gintama will end.
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
4-koma Psi will be just one page in each issue.
In march, in some shop, he will be possible to have a cover of Black Clover by My Hero Academia author & cover of My Hero Academia by Black Clover author. Preview of this cover is in #14.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I can't believe it took this long for Spring Weapon to get cancelled(assuming it did). Makes me sad though since, as was brought up earlier in the thread, soon the only gag manga in Jump will be Lycopene. Gag manga are my favourite types of series from Jump, so I really hope that we can see a new comedy hit this year.

I never talked about Saiki I don't think, but I really lament over the fact that I was never able to read that series week-to-week, alongside the Japanese release. The English scans unfortunately couldn't catch up in time. Saiki was a really great series. I'll miss it. I'll have to pick up the final volume.

I don't want to get too much into the MHA anime talk, but personally, I don't expect Bones to adapt the whole manga. Not sure if that's just my mind purposefully having low expectations in an attempt to not be disappointed or not. That said, I don't think the wishes of Nagasaki, or Umakoshi to potentially want to leave the project in future would mean that the anime would be cancelled forever. I just want to enjoy what we get from the anime now, and not worry about what will, and what won't be adapted later on.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Another one? I mean, more delicious Hori art I guess.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,717
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
4-koma Psi will be just one page in each issue.
In march, in some shop, he will be possible to have a cover of Black Clover by My Hero Academia author & cover of My Hero Academia by Black Clover author. Preview of this cover is in #14.
I wonder if these are new covers of the ones we got from Giga (it was Giga?) last year
 

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
That Uraraka is not too Uraraka.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,717
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Thinking about future of comedy in Jump, I see two possible hopes:
-Noah Notes by Ikezawa: we know it's a gyarus manga. Still, it can be a serious one (my personal bet since Mononofu and Kusanagi had that serious touch), or a gag one (we should get a little hint in next number preview, or by Viz in Monday)
-That ''Sakamoto-kun becomes a Jump mangaka'' by 2016 GFC winner (I'm still surprised it didn't enter in this serialization since Poro-kun entered last year in January. I've read the oneshot, and I have the sensation this title would be a success in Jump).
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
About Bones and My Hero Academia. This is from an interview with the President of Bones.

Q: I wanted to ask about My Hero Academia as well. It's unique because it's such a long-running Shonen Jump property. Usually with those kinds of projects, you don't see them done in one cour with high-quality animation. I wanted to know, because it's so very long, was Bones prepared to embrace the length of this property in seasons or… it's an unusual approach, you know?

A: We haven't drawn out a lot of the content because the manga's been going on for so long, so there's still a lot to adapt into anime. So we would like to keep this as an ongoing project and improve the quality, not just keep the status quo but take something good and make it better.

Q: Do you think the long hiatuses between seasons will be a challenge because of the high-quality animation that Bones produces for a long-running series like this?

A: There's good parts and bad parts of having that long hiatus. The bad part is it basically cuts off the work flow, so when all the staff members get in the groove and the work's flowing—well it's already over. But the good side is because they have that hiatus, they can use that long vacation time to improve the quality so they can produce something of an acceptable quality or even better


https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/fe...tudio-bones-president-masahiko-minami/.104467

It's up to the producers in the end.
 

Ninjaz

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2017
Messages
216
Reaction score
172
Country
Joker
About Bones and My Hero Academia. This is from an interview with the President of Bones.

Q: I wanted to ask about My Hero Academia as well. It's unique because it's such a long-running Shonen Jump property. Usually with those kinds of projects, you don't see them done in one cour with high-quality animation. I wanted to know, because it's so very long, was Bones prepared to embrace the length of this property in seasons or… it's an unusual approach, you know?

A: We haven't drawn out a lot of the content because the manga's been going on for so long, so there's still a lot to adapt into anime. So we would like to keep this as an ongoing project and improve the quality, not just keep the status quo but take something good and make it better.

Q: Do you think the long hiatuses between seasons will be a challenge because of the high-quality animation that Bones produces for a long-running series like this?

A: There's good parts and bad parts of having that long hiatus. The bad part is it basically cuts off the work flow, so when all the staff members get in the groove and the work's flowing—well it's already over. But the good side is because they have that hiatus, they can use that long vacation time to improve the quality so they can produce something of an acceptable quality or even better


https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/fe...tudio-bones-president-masahiko-minami/.104467

It's up to the producers in the end.
Yup, and there's no chance in the world TOHO is gonna call it quits on MHA any time soon. If MHA by any chance starts a downhill slide in popularity after the 4-5th season, maybe eventually they'd want to stop it. But I don't think that'll happen.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
 

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
Yup, and there's no chance in the world TOHO is gonna call it quits on MHA any time soon. If MHA by any chance starts a downhill slide in popularity after the 4-5th season, maybe eventually they'd want to stop it. But I don't think that'll happen.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Yey
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
Yup, and there's no chance in the world TOHO is gonna call it quits on MHA any time soon. If MHA by any chance starts a downhill slide in popularity after the 4-5th season, maybe eventually they'd want to stop it. But I don't think that'll happen.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


Furiously refreshes TOHO Animation YouTube channel

(it will probably not gonna drop today or tomorrow, Saturday maybe)
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yup, and there's no chance in the world TOHO is gonna call it quits on MHA any time soon. .
Nothing is certain, there is only hitsuzen.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
People trying to convince us that a studio will give up of a Jump successful manga anime adaptation is cute. XD
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top