The Last Person to Post Wins - Chimera

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Hey, I have secrets... too
 

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2010
Messages
3,228
Reaction score
6,476
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
L OMEGALUL L
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,203
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Yeah I‘m not sure how well I could stomach Berserk‘s content myself. :hmm Nor am I really a fan of gore and messed up things. Though I wasn‘t told any specifics.
I can deal with gore like in Tokyo Ghoul, Terra Formars and other animes, but from what she told, it seems Berserk has a lot of heavy themes and violence (that gives me headaches when I read), maybe I try the movie as uncle suggested, if it pick my interest, I'm sure I'll binge read it.
 

Shobu_Yoruichi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
731
Reaction score
4,330
Gender
Hidden
Country
Chile
I can deal with gore like in Tokyo Ghoul, Terra Formars and other animes, but from what she told, it seems Berserk has a lot of heavy themes and violence (that gives me headaches when I read), maybe I try the movie as uncle suggested, if it pick my interest, I'm sure I'll binge read it.
Pinpom, you made me recall the first time i watched Elfen Lied, i was shocked to see blood, and was 16 yrs old... now i can see killing, chopping and torturing while eating lunch :p

I dropped Berserk at Vol.3, the blood was nice but i think it was quite average that time... i know what happens to readers when they reach Eclipse, knowing nothing about it xD So, gotta pick it again once it's finished.
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,203
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Pinpom, you made me recall the first time i watched Elfen Lied, i was shocked to see blood, and was 16 yrs old... now i can see killing, chopping and torturing while eating lunch :p
Now you also recalled me the first time I've see Elfen Lied, I was 8 when I found out the anime and wanted to watch, but then my siblings didn't allow me to (yeah, they literally ordered me to not do so), I only got my permission when I was 11. :XD Good times those.

I always heard good critics about Berserker, so might check it, but I'm not sure if I'll like. Maybe it's like HxH for me, I read it, liked, but imo it's not one of the most ineteresting mangas I've read. Now I'd better go before someone shots me to death :XD
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I can deal with gore like in Tokyo Ghoul, Terra Formars and other animes, but from what she told, it seems Berserk has a lot of heavy themes and violence (that gives me headaches when I read), maybe I try the movie as uncle suggested, if it pick my interest, I'm sure I'll binge read it.
I found JoJo borderline of what I could take. And perhaps the only reason for that is because the truly messed up stuff mostly just happens to no-name characters you don't know and who die quite fast.
Like a particular scene in Diamond is Unbreakable with a dog owner, a dog, and a serial killer. I'd rather not describe the scene :oh

Thinking about trying the movies as well, though apparently nothing non-manga is the real Berserk experience. If you end up watching it before I do, let me know your thoughts on it. We're probably kinda similar in whether we'd like it.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
7 PM's in already. This set of players is a lot more committed than previous games. :nod
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Now you also recalled me the first time I've see Elfen Lied, I was 8 when I found out the anime and wanted to watch, but then my siblings didn't allow me to (yeah, they literally ordered me to not do so), I only got my permission when I was 11. :XD Good times those.
Did the 3 years from 8 -> 11 really make that much of a difference :lmao Still feels pretty young for it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
7 PM's in already. This set of players is a lot more committed than previous games. :nod
Limiting the size from the start and PMing everyone at the start to confirm probably played a big part. IIRC last time 2 players(spirit and evil) even quit the game after round 1. And gnut was also really slow.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Limiting the size from the start and PMing everyone at the start to confirm probably played a big part. IIRC last time 2 players(spirit and evil) even quit the game after round 1. And gnut was also really slow.
I wondered if I was being overly ambitious asking for confirmations but maybe that's the way to go. Just to make people think twice whether or not they'll take it seriously enough.

It's fun to host, but I'm already starting to wish I could play as well. :xp Hope there's another game soon after all.
 

Shobu_Yoruichi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
731
Reaction score
4,330
Gender
Hidden
Country
Chile
Maybe it's like HxH for me, I read it, liked, but imo it's not one of the most ineteresting mangas I've read. Now I'd better go before someone shots me to death :XD
Before the shot, i already went and bought the flower for you


HxH is great and unique... but if it doesn't blow your mind, then it's not my thing.
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,203
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Did the 3 years from 8 -> 11 really make that much of a difference :lmao Still feels pretty young for it.
Yep, I was, but I bugged them a lot :awe

First gore anime I watched. Like you said about Jojo, it's probably because it happens to secondary characters and not to the protagonists that it's more bearable. Another borderline anime would be Terra Formars. it also has that touch of gore with mcs (and many of them die, like, really many), but there's always new characters and protagonists to.

Before the shot, i already went and bought the flower for you
Here more flowers for you



Btw, the question game is fun. Those gif bombs and the questions :XD
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Did the 3 years from 8 -> 11 really make that much of a difference :lmao Still feels pretty young for it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


Limiting the size from the start and PMing everyone at the start to confirm probably played a big part. IIRC last time 2 players(spirit and evil) even quit the game after round 1. And gnut was also really slow.
Maybe cause i didnt want to play....maybe?

Why you shouldnt try to convince people to play things they dont want to or no real interest in....xD
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Maybe cause i didnt want to play....maybe?

Why you shouldnt try to convince people to play things they dont want to or no real interest in....xD
Then why were you playing? You could see from the rules if it's something you'd enjoy playing or not, then say no. I don't remember if you were forced to join or not but that is a very sloppy excuse uncle :nah
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Then why were you playing? You could see from the rules if it's something you'd enjoy playing or not, then say no. I don't remember if you were forced to join or not but that is a very sloppy excuse uncle :nah
It was just like the sheep...come on gnut...play play play
Minority game the same...play play play.
I tried them...dont really interest me enough...not anything wrong with them just not my thing.
I can see this being a reason for alotta people and mafia....buddies are like play play play fun fun fun xD
Then its not their cup of tea and its too late then x/

I like scavenger hunts but i may play something in the future.
When i feel up to it:XD
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
It was just like the sheep...come on gnut...play play play
Minority game the same...play play play.
I tried them...dont really interest me enough...not anything wrong with them just not my thing.
I can see this being a reason for alotta people and mafia....buddies are like play play play fun fun fun xD
Then its not their cup of tea and its too late then x/

I like scavenger hunts but i may play something in the future.
When i feel up to it:XD
Can't really compare it to sheep and minority game though, when they're almost no effort, just sending a PM, while the quote game is longer with signups and rounds, like the mafia game. I generally try every game at least once, and if I like it I keep playing it. But even if I don't like it, like the scav hunt, I will still play until it's over.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Speaking of which....
Since @Ustegius will probably be busy during scavenger hunt...
And if @Organizized and @zimbardo still want to be a team....would you want to be Ust replacement?
@GrySun or you gonna try to weasel into @Totinona team?
:XD
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Can't really compare it to sheep and minority game though, when they're almost no effort, just sending a PM, while the quote game is longer with signups and rounds, like the mafia game. I generally try every game at least once, and if I like it I keep playing it. But even if I don't like it, like the scav hunt, I will still play until it's over.
Yeah...i never quit but not everyone is us
:cookiehand
 
Top