- Joined
- Nov 19, 2013
- Messages
- 51
- Reaction score
- 45
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Gintama is off this week?
Or people could generally not be liking whats going on within the story as of late which isn't to far out of the realm of possibility I mean really look at bleach it was considered "popular" it was in the bottom pretty regularly around the halfway mark of the series.
Except Bleach actually dropped in sales that coincided with its drop in the rankings so your point pretty much falls flat.I did reference that a top selling series in Bleach was still selling a boat load and was in the bottom of the TOC for quiet a while before its end so I don't see how what I said was wrong. Also in my opinion you can really string together sales of a volume, which on average as about 10 chapters in it since your bound to like at least one chapter in the volume, to where it falls on the TOC and fan's opinion of said chapter thats being "ranked"
yes, yes it isGintama is off this week?
One PieceI'm always finding this kind of excuses every time someone want to justified why MHA in lower position. How much any series sell =/= always will be in higher ToC position. Take Zumou for example, barely selling compared to other jump series but always in higher ToC in early days. And we have several high selling volume always be middle to bottom dweller in the past (like Rookies for example).
I admitted jump push might be in the working here but they still counting on the vote too. But popularity of the series ain't matter if people don't vote for it. Maybe MHA doesn't have enough vote to be on top this week?
You compare Bleach, which lost 50% of it's sales after it's prime of being a million seller and ranking in the bottom for years since then, to MHA, which got boost after boost in it's volume sales and only started to rank bad since the new EiC appeared and started his Super Push agenda. Or do I need to remind you that since the reign of this new EiC Dr. Stone got a Super Pushed PV video with Super Pushed bot views of nearly 300 times the amount every other video on that YouTube channel got?I did reference that a top selling series in Bleach was still selling a boat load and was in the bottom of the TOC for quiet a while before its end so I don't see how what I said was wrong. Also in my opinion you can really string together sales of a volume, which on average as about 10 chapters in it since your bound to like at least one chapter in the volume, to where it falls on the TOC and fan's opinion of said chapter thats being "ranked"
Tbf, Golem Hearts sucked, just people here (myself included) were too blinded over the excitement of an adventure series. It had every trait most cancel fodder have, and some people picked that from the start. There are certainly trends in what gets cancelled, although obviously there are outliers too. Imo at least, NN doesn’t fall for most of the traps that seem consistent among the failures.@MangAniMY lol true but I’ll be honest. Golem Hearts tanking the way it did made me woke to Jump’s tactics. Was always aware but it’s still like smh. Like from the raws NN looks amusing. But idk, I’ll just wait for first rank. I’m really really hyped for Kishi’s new series however. Cause it WON’T DIE IN 2 MONTHS. There’s a good argument that Jump jumps ship on series as quick as possible to not have a slow death effect that WSM/WSS do with series going on forever but once you see a series like Spring Weapon going as long as it did with its abysmal sales!? How do you justify this?
And how do you explain that Haikyuu suddenly ranked lower around the same time? Especially considering Haikyuu was in a big match during nationals at that time. However I think it continuously ranked in top spots ever since it started, so why should it suddenly rank lower in one of the biggest matches of the manga? Considering that this match was at least as well written as all the other ones prior? And then it suddenly starts ranking lower around the same time as MHA?I'm always finding this kind of excuses every time someone want to justified why MHA in lower position. How much any series sell =/= always will be in higher ToC position. Take Zumou for example, barely selling compared to other jump series but always in higher ToC in early days. And we have several high selling volume always be middle to bottom dweller in the past (like Rookies for example).
I admitted jump push might be in the working here but they still counting on the vote too. But popularity of the series ain't matter if people don't vote for it. Maybe MHA doesn't have enough vote to be on top this week?

What trap do you feel like all these canceled adventures have done that My Hero and BC avoided? I agree with what you said but I’m honestly curious. I didn’t think MHA got good until Deku arrived at UA. BC I’m unsure of when the jump of enjoyment occurred for me cause I’m not sure it occurred yet.Tbf, Golem Hearts sucked, just people here (myself included) were too blinded over the excitement of an adventure series. It had every trait most cancel fodder have, and some people picked that from the start. There are certainly trends in what gets cancelled, although obviously there are outliers too. Imo at least, NN doesn’t fall for most of the traps that seem consistent among the failures.
I had hope from the one-shot, but the departure from the format made it clear to me half-way through its run that it is not gonna last long... still at least gave it 24 chapters.Tbf, Golem Hearts sucked, just people here (myself included) were too blinded over the excitement of an adventure series. It had every trait most cancel fodder have, and some people picked that from the start. There are certainly trends in what gets cancelled, although obviously there are outliers too. Imo at least, NN doesn’t fall for most of the traps that seem consistent among the failures.
I think Act-Age and Bozebeats will be canceled. Sometimes this new EiC makes me uncomfortable with MHA positions.
The world was uninteresting and the art was mediocre. MHA first chap is one of its most praised and BC despite being really bad story and character wise had at least an interesting world with good art. Can't say any of this about Golem HeartsWhat trap do you feel like all these canceled adventures have done that My Hero and BC avoided? I agree with what you said but I’m honestly curious. I didn’t think MHA got good until Deku arrived at UA. BC I’m unsure of when the jump of enjoyment occurred for me cause I’m not sure it occurred yet.
Bleach fell only from Fullbring arc which was basically after the point where Aizen's storyline had finished and people just weren't interested in it anymore. If I remember, Ichigo's Final Getsuga Tenshou showdown with Aizen got ranked high, one of those chapters even ranked first I believe.Or people could generally not be liking whats going on within the story as of late which isn't to far out of the realm of possibility I mean really look at bleach it was considered "popular" it was in the bottom pretty regularly around the halfway mark of the series.
Robot still selling well, i'm happy.518435 1819919 O (OP)
*97666 *218959 ド (DBS)
*90871 *193778 ブ (BC)
*62111 *140881 銀 (Gintama)
*52650 *118511 鬼 (Kimetsu)
*32057 **67753 R (Robo)
*18494 *914133 H (HxH)
*17272 *514784 僕 (Heroaca)
*15716 *624938 ハ (Haikyuu)
-
14805 **29174 黒 (Kuroko)
12808 **30574 火 (Sumo)
12591 2380305 O (OP)
*8035 *383808 約 (Neverland)
I'd place the fullbringer arc around the half way mark of the series, which could be argued either way but its neither here nor there, and 200K drop for a "million" seller I personally wouldn't consider that much of a sales drop something to say its unpopular. I'm not a business major but I wouldn't consider that a waning in consumer interest in the series.Bleach fell only from Fullbring arc which was basically after the point where Aizen's storyline had finished and people just weren't interested in it anymore. If I remember, Ichigo's Final Getsuga Tenshou showdown with Aizen got ranked high, one of those chapters even ranked first I believe.
Bleach's fall can be CLEARLY seen from the Fullbring arc. The sales decrease of around 200k and the rank fall were obvious at that time. And the reason is as I mentioned before, the end of Aizen's bit in the story.
Maybe because some reader treat it like its the second coming of BD/One piece when it is no different then Black Clover (Yes before you comment it I know it has its issues don't bother brining them up its been done to death the reason its argued be people saying its good is that the ones who dislike the series don't take the time to look at the good things in the manga which is the opposite of MHA) in terms of story telling? The series I use to moderately enjoy but ever since the AFO v. OFA fight the series has in my opinion declined in quality sure I may just be one person that says, but its still an opinion in the gran scheme of things that is all pretty much opinion based. And as stated sales =/= popularity if it did then series that are considered memes wouldn't be concidered popularWe go through this shit every time Heroaca is out of the top 5.
What is it about this series that drive people so mad that they need the ToC of all things to push their narrative?
Even before then. The final bout with Aizen leading into Fulbring was when sales had a significant drop after reaching its peak in 2009. It was definite arc fatigue followed by a largely uninteresting arc that made it lose a bulk of its readership and with no new ones coming in it just kept going down.Bleach fell only from Fullbring arc which was basically after the point where Aizen's storyline had finished and people just weren't interested in it anymore. If I remember, Ichigo's Final Getsuga Tenshou showdown with Aizen got ranked high, one of those chapters even ranked first I believe.
Bleach's fall can be CLEARLY seen from the Fullbring arc. The sales decrease of around 200k and the rank fall were obvious at that time. And the reason is as I mentioned before, the end of Aizen's bit in the story.