Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
@MangAniMY lol true but I’ll be honest. Golem Hearts tanking the way it did made me woke to Jump’s tactics. Was always aware but it’s still like smh. Like from the raws NN looks amusing. But idk, I’ll just wait for first rank. I’m really really hyped for Kishi’s new series however. Cause it WON’T DIE IN 2 MONTHS. There’s a good argument that Jump jumps ship on series as quick as possible to not have a slow death effect that WSM/WSS do with series going on forever but once you see a series like Spring Weapon going as long as it did with its abysmal sales!? How do you justify this?
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
I wonder why everyone assumes Kishimoto's new manga will be in WSJ.
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
Spring Weapon going as long as it did with its abysmal sales!?
This is why hope shall forever exist...


I wonder why everyone assumes Kishimoto's new manga will be in WSJ
because that is where people wanted it to be...

personally I prefer another magazine (still Shueisha though) but I just cannot see it and Boruto on the same magazine.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
This is why hope shall forever exist...




because that is where people wanted it to be...

personally I prefer another magazine (still Shueisha though) but I just cannot see it and Boruto on the same magazine.
It is confirmed to be at Shueisha, but nothing more.

"Right now, the serialization is in progress. Kishimoto is developing the full series with Shueisha, but no word has been given about his team. Fans can expect to learn about the manga’s editor and such once it debuts. No publication date has been given as of yet."

http://comicbook.com/anime/2018/03/05/naruto-creator-new-manga-masashi-kishimoto/
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
HeroAca continuing its downward spiral. Probably on the food wars trajectory. Dont expect either around in 2020 sadly.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
My Hero still is bottom 5 even with Stone being unranked:
TPN
OP
BC
Food Wars
KnY
WNL
——————
MHA
Act Age
Yuuna
Robot
Boze
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
My Hero still is bottom 5 even with Stone being unranked:
TPN
OP
BC
Food Wars
KnY
WNL
——————
MHA
Act Age
Yuuna
Robot
Boze
I mean, I'd look at it being ranked 7 and not bottom 5 because ranking 7 is actually a decent rank. MHA and HQ!! are clearly the series they can afford to push down because the popularity already exists. If they pushed a low selling series like WNL, KnY, BC down then it'd seem more catastrophic for that series.
The surprise is Soma being in the top 5 after all these weeks.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,296
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Why Stone is unranked ?
 

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
So even it's been already 8 weeks HxH is still not rank? I mean it's doesn't really matter.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Why Stone is unranked ?
Absent 8 weeks ago
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
Not surprised with Boze honestly, guess Robot got itself a new cushion for the meantime. Surprised with MHA and Act Age so low, specially the latter, boy I’m also on the Act Age ship and I want it to sale.

Has Ziga’s raws already come out or at least some spoilers about it first chapter?
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Oh yeah not saying you can’t look at it like that but it is bottom 5 going off pure ranking. Also agree on Food Wars. Funny enough MHA was high last week when it’s preview aired. Same thing again this week but different series.

So even it's been already 8 weeks HxH is still not rank? I mean it's doesn't really matter.
I swore it’s the 7th chapter this week so that’s why I didn’t include it.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I mean, I'd look at it being ranked 7 and not bottom 5 because ranking 7 is actually a decent rank. MHA and HQ!! are clearly the series they can afford to push down because the popularity already exists. If they pushed a low selling series like WNL, KnY, BC down then it'd seem more catastrophic for that series.
The surprise is Soma being in the top 5 after all these weeks.
Or people could generally not be liking whats going on within the story as of late which isn't to far out of the realm of possibility I mean really look at bleach it was considered "popular" it was in the bottom pretty regularly around the halfway mark of the series.
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
No Robot in the last place, am i dreaming?
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
Or people could generally not be liking whats going on within the story as of late which isn't to far out of the realm of possibility I mean really look at bleach it was considered "popular" it was in the bottom pretty regularly around the halfway mark of the series.
And that's why volume 17 once again sold more than the previous ones, right?
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
And that's why volume 17 once again sold more than the previous ones, right?
I did reference that a top selling series in Bleach was still selling a boat load and was in the bottom of the TOC for quiet a while before its end so I don't see how what I said was wrong. Also in my opinion you can really string together sales of a volume, which on average as about 10 chapters in it since your bound to like at least one chapter in the volume, to where it falls on the TOC and fan's opinion of said chapter thats being "ranked"
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
So even it's been already 8 weeks HxH is still not rank? I mean it's doesn't really matter.
Just checked and it has been 8 weeks so:
TPN
OP
BC
Food Wars
KnY
WNL
MHA
—————
Act Age
HxH
Yuuna
Robot
Boze

But yeah like you said not sure it matters lol
 

UnspokenCoconut

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2013
Messages
51
Reaction score
45
Gender
Male
Country
Galactic Republic
It's the Jump super push. Plus, the editor in chief decides the order, so that doesn't mean Souma is more popular. He could put any manga up front if he wanted to, no matter how bad it does.

Most of the other series are just in front of MHA to push them. I mean MHA and Haikyuu simultaneously suddenly started ranking lower on TOCs and the same new series were always up front since then. Afaik, sales are about the same since then as well, so I doubt they suddenly got less popular.
I'm always finding this kind of excuses every time someone want to justified why MHA in lower position. How much any series sell =/= always will be in higher ToC position. Take Zumou for example, barely selling compared to other jump series but always in higher ToC in early days. And we have several high selling volume always be middle to bottom dweller in the past (like Rookies for example).

I admitted jump push might be in the working here but they still counting on the vote too. But popularity of the series ain't matter if people don't vote for it. Maybe MHA doesn't have enough vote to be on top this week?
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Just checked and it has been 8 weeks so:
TPN
OP
BC
Food Wars
KnY
WNL
MHA
—————
Act Age
HxH
Yuuna
Robot
Boze

But yeah like you said not sure it matters lol
Yeah at this point WSJ should just make HxH and One Piece unranked as they probably won't go anywhere in the near future anyway and besides that they've both been around a REALLY long time so it makes since to do that in my opinion.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top