Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 217 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mankichi Togawa

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Act-Tage also in danger zone

MangAniMY

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Sadly true...

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
The anime is severely understaffed. I remember.seeing the director trying to recruit animators on Twitter because his main team was busy with Fate/Apocrypha. Besides that, it didn't even have a good pre-production considering the core staff is the same as Twin Star Exorcist which ended.6 months before Black Clover started. For a series with 50 episodes, you need MUCH more time than that before your show starts.
Wow, somehow I gotta believe that they planned on being understaffed. Pierrot does long runners all the time but I’m unsure how many they do at one time. The director tweeting some issues regarding ep17 gives me cause to support this. The art and animation I think is fine but I haven’t watched since ep18. Shippuden had this huge stretch of bad animation between Kakashi vs. Obito and Naruto vs. Sasuke 2 with only parts of Kaguya’s fight looking good. Regarding the actual anime’s productivity the ratings are unknown but what we know is it’s floating in the 1% range while the disks sales are bad but aren’t a death blow cause of the time slot. The manga got a boost, albeit small but still a boost. If it’s extended past 51 episodes then that to me is the best way to tell how productive it was.

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Throws salt
goodbye boze
Bozebeats is dead. Act-age is also in a danger zone, for now I'll try to remain positive :) , since I feel like it can battle it off with the recent new 3 serializations.

Scruffy8642

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well rip Bozebeats, not surprising. Guess we’ll see about Act-age come next week.

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Well rip Bozebeats, not surprising. Guess we’ll see about Act-age come next week.
I wonder if we'll have to wait until tomorrow for news about Hinomaru...

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
My Hero lower than Soma?
I really hope that with the third season get up, because so far the last TOC are low enough for the third best-selling series of Jump.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bozebeats is dead. Act-age is also in a danger zone, for now I'll try to remain positive :) , since I feel like it can battle it off with the recent new 3 serializations.
Bro stop lol. When Boze fell one spot lower from its first to second rank you were claiming it’s dead. Act Age was 7th first rank and 9th this rank. I like it but it’s gone probably.

TheEnhancedExe

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Honestly no surprise that Boze is last. Was already obvious that it would get cancelled since the second chapter.

As for Act-Age, I can't tell if it will get cancelled since I've only read three chapters and imo they weren't that bad. But I can see why people might not vote for it, since this is a Shounen magazine and it definitely has a few issues. Although it looks like it won't last long either.

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Bro stop lol. When Boze fell one spot lower from its first to second rank you were claiming it’s dead. Act Age was 7th first rank and 9th this rank. I like it but it’s gone probably.
Bro, I also considered the contents for Bozebeats, the trainwreck level of chapter 8 said more than enough. Meanwhile Act-age is going into something really interesting and exciting. Chances are against Act-age, but I decided to be positive and go with YOLO mode, you can't stop me now, I'm taking a chance with it, if it dies, then it dies.

TheEnhancedExe

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
My Hero lower than Soma?
I really hope that with the third season get up, because so far the last TOC are low enough for the third best-selling series of Jump.
It's the Jump super push. Plus, the editor in chief decides the order, so that doesn't mean Souma is more popular. He could put any manga up front if he wanted to, no matter how bad it does.

Most of the other series are just in front of MHA to push them. I mean MHA and Haikyuu simultaneously suddenly started ranking lower on TOCs and the same new series were always up front since then. Afaik, sales are about the same since then as well, so I doubt they suddenly got less popular.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lmao just admit you guys are bias, it’s fine it’s human nature :derp. Positivity I’m all about (HOPE > DESPAIR) but realism should always reign supreme. HxH fans have accepted it’s gone in a few more issues which sucks but we understand. As intriguing as ActAge is Jump does not, and will continue not to care.

MangAniMY

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Well denial Is usually the first stage of grief

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
It's the Jump super push. Plus, the editor in chief decides the order, so that doesn't mean Souma is more popular. He could put any manga up front if he wanted to, no matter how bad it does.

Most of the other series are just in front of MHA to push them. I mean MHA and Haikyuu simultaneously suddenly started ranking lower on TOCs and the same new series were always up front since then. Afaik, sales are about the same since then as well, so I doubt they suddenly got less popular.
We hope it is so ....

MangAniMY

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Man, if i were to speculate on next week preview, I would put KnY as cover and that there will be a huge announcement.

A guy can dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.