Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 216 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
TPN is just a puppy. I need to have hope.
Kimetsu was very fast-paced in the beginning, but the author learned and improved.
The series is already pretty old, if they start to develop the children, which is a multitude, they will never end and it is not point of the series anyway, who they should develop in this arc, that adult guy friend of that other guy (they have to appear more until I remember their names XD) , was already decently developed.

No. I think you underestimated Gintama more so than you overestimated Kimetsu. Also, why/how is surpassing Gintama a sign of adulthood? Yes, Kimetsu is a child but it will enter adulthood once the anime arrives.

Gintama/Kimetsu are completely different series and I doubt Kimetsu will reach Gintama's peak in manga sales, forget franchise success since it's safe to say that Gintama is a rarity in that aspect and expecting other series to come close or surpass it is wishful thinking.
It is a joke, man, you have to recognize one when you see one and not act defensively like a fanboy. However, it is a fact that Gintama is so much in decline in sales that half of the magazine already surpassed it.

cody

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Even if the anime does get a entire slew of new animators, even under the most optimistic of circumstances, realistically what will it change? Even if the show does develop a reputation of pumping out great animation consistently, it'll be difficult to overcome the memetically infamous first impressions Pierrot made to say the least.

In my opinion, while a good story can cover up the cracks of bad animation, it is much more difficult for good animation to cover up bad stories. Especially if one is taking into account the rigors of working on animation of long running projects like this.
I don't think anything will change, even if a bunch of new animators come in, they won't be able to save the disaster that is the Black Clover anime.

TM2

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Again.

There is a topic where to talk about the anime talk to them.

'll answer here.
Ok I'll refrain from talking about BC as much as possible but I would like like some thoughts on what will realistically change even if the Studio Pierrot does get a slew of Fate Apocrypha animators.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Ok I'll refrain from talking about BC as much as possible but I would like like some thoughts on what will realistically change even if the Studio Pierrot does get a slew of Fate Apocrypha animators.
I answered you in the topic of the anime. If you want to talk about it, do it and do not block the discussion.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I don't think anything will change, even if a bunch of new animators come in, they won't be able to save the disaster that is the Black Clover anime.
Let's talk about it in the anime section.

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
As I said, nothing is going to change, when a production is this bad there's no saving it. I'm pretty sure the majority of the episodes are still outsourced and the companies that Pierrot outsources to can't keep up with the character designs. Even if they get a good team of animators, what, there'll be a good animation highlight every now in then every few episodes while everything else is inconsistent garbage.

New PV for Food Wars

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The reputation of the anime is already ingrained, nothing will save it right now. It demonstrated only one more mistake of Pierrot, having picked up a project when they didn't have the personnel to do it. Not that I expected much, Toei and Pierrot are two studios I don't respect.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
As I said, nothing is going to change, when a production is this bad there's no saving it. I'm pretty sure the majority of the episodes are still outsourced and the companies that Pierrot outsources to can't keep up with the character designs. Even if they get a good team of animators, what, there'll be a good animation highlight every now in then every few episodes while everything else is inconsistent garbage.
The reputation of the anime is already ingrained, nothing will save it right now. It demonstrated only one more mistake of Pierrot, having picked up a project when they didn't have the personnel to do it. Not that I expected much, Toei and Pierrot are two studios I don't respect.
I say it for the last time.
If you want to talk or complain about BC's anime, there's a topic about it.

Let's discuss them.

Last edited:

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Yeah, the damage is done, BC's reputation as an anime will forever be tarnished. It's hard to respect Toei and Pierrot with their abysmal track record, especially when it comes to their WSJ adaptations for the last 20 years.

Back to topic.

Will/should there be announcements for the upcoming issues? we had 4 axed series but only 3 new series had been announced.
There's also Hunter x Hunter, we know there'll be the one-shot about Minecraft and maybe another one of the veterans will publish one of their one-shots. We could get a few one-shots and a new round if Bozebeats gets axed.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Yeah, the damage is done, BC's reputation as an anime will forever be tarnished. It's hard to respect Toei and Pierrot with their abysmal track record, especially when it comes to their WSJ adaptations for the last 20 years.
But do you do it on purpose?
No tell me, I do not understand that taste try to clog the topic when you have been told that essiten a topic to complain.

Do it there.
Back to topic.

Will/should there be announcements for the upcoming issues? we had 4 axed series but only 3 new series had been announced.
I do not think it will be important to know which series there will be, so very few will survive until the new year.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Yeah we should get back on topic and speculate how further down bozebeat will be in this week TOC.
Do you think it will reach the fifty chapters?

MangAniMY

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
There's also Hunter x Hunter, we know there'll be the one-shot about Minecraft and maybe another one of the veterans will publish one of their one-shots. We could get a few one-shots and a new round if Bozebeats gets axed.
Forgot about Hiatus x Hiatus, have Togashi, made enough to fill a volume yet?

I do not think it will be important to know which series there will be, so very few will survive until the new year.
Based on MY personal biased, I want Act-age and Noah's Notes to stay, but it is still to early to judge the new trio(1 haven't even been released yet) and I haven't read Act-age past the Jump Start.

I have a strong feeling Gintama would not be seeing 2019(700 chapters max? ) but gorilla gonna gorilla.

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Forgot about Hiatus x Hiatus, have Togashi, made enough to fill a volume yet?

Based on MY personal biased, I want Act-age and Noah's Notes to stay, but it is still to early to judge the new trio(1 haven't even been released yet) and I haven't read Act-age past the Jump Start.

I have a strong feeling Gintama would not be seeing 2019(700 chapters max? ) but gorilla gonna gorilla.
I'm also going to go YOLO mode and say that Act-age and Noah's notes will make it, what could go wrong?

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
For me Act Age and Noah's Notes will stay.

MangAniMY

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Do you think it will reach the fifty chapters
If you ask ME... I'm feeling ~24 chapters, other than the 1st chapter, I'm not really feeling it yet.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy

OfficialHxH

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm glad yall think the same I do. I want Act Age and Noah's Notes to last. Also need Viz to pick up Act Age lol. Bozebeats i dropped on chapter 2 (got bored) and with Hunter x Hunter sadly we know itll probably be going on hiatus yet again in 3 weeks. I always have a little hope it'll stay longer though but hey maybe we'll get more chapters in the fall lol

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
I'm glad yall think the same I do. I want Act Age and Noah's Notes to last. Also need Viz to pick up Act Age lol. Bozebeats i dropped on chapter 2 (got bored) and with Hunter x Hunter sadly we know itll probably be going on hiatus yet again in 3 weeks. I always have a little hope it'll stay longer though but hey maybe we'll get more chapters in the fall lol
I wouldn't count on Viz to make any competent decisions.

It's a shame things went this badly for Bozebeats, the mangaka has potential but he isn't quite there yet and he needs to work on his story skills or team up with someone in the future and I think it was a mistake to change the mc from the one-shot, but there isn't much that can be done, the damage is done and the mangaka wasted away an amazing opportunity, since the current fresh line-up of the magazine was the perfect time to get a serialization going.

MangAniMY

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
lol, People basically just agrees that HxH will go back to Hiatus mode after a Volume.

side note: suddenly I remembered people on CR forums fighting about Togashi and bitching about the Hiatus.

Last edited:

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
lol, People basically just agrees that HxH will go back to Hiatus mode after a Volume..
That is the trend for a few years now, but this time Togashi could surprise everyone
Let's hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.