Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Well that's not a very good metric. Toriko and World Trigger had giant monsters in them, but I wouldn't call them kaiju manga.
Well, he said anything dealing with gigantic monsters and I joked about the superficiality of his description. XD
I think sometimes OPM can be considered Kaiju. Even MHA?
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Dunno if it was posted here (at least I didn't see in previous pages)

Ziga 1 raw http://boards.4chan.org/a/thread/169864291#p169864291
Always hate 4chan commenters. They’re so pessimistic about everything(not just new series. But the surviving regular series as well)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The scientist/military guy couldn't find a better time to talk with the MC than during school hours? That the MC survived a shockwave strong enough to destroy concrete is too much plot armor in the first chapter.
Can’t read until it’s translated, but I’m going to assume that the MC is special for some reason. Maybe he’s some kind of key to defeating Kaiju? I’m assuming he has premonitions for a reason
 

Serinox

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
4,784
Country
Dragonstone
I actually liked that first chapter more than I expected. Main guy and girl are pretty cute together, the design of the of scientist is cool and the death and destruction of a Kaiju display look good for the first chapter of a series.

Though, if they really killed the girl off at the end of the first chapter to give the guy motivation and a tragic background and "It's personal" and stuff... I don't like to call out tropes that much, but damn if I couldn't help but to think of "Women in Refrigerators" when I read those last few pages.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Late to the discussion, but RIP Bozebeats. Hopefully Act-Age can avoid a similar fate. The first chapter of Noah's Notes was really good. They both have great designs, the girl has a nice personality, and the guy kind of reminds me of a mix between Senkuu and Samon.

Looked over the Ziga raw, and those last few pages (if true/not redacted somehow in the next chapter) is literally one of the quickest ways for me to drop something. I already knew it wasn't my usual genre, but I figured I'd look over the first couple chapters of each new series for comparison purposes. So far: Noah's Notes > Act-Age >>>>> *power gap separating what I'll continue reading* >>>>> Bozebeats > Ziga = Jujutsu
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Hakaiju maybe? That one was pretty large, I only know it's published here.

I think that Bokuben will be the first of that 3 to have anime, well, 3 if RxL survives. Shaft did a great job with Nisekoi, I want them to do it.
I think the same. WNL will probably be the first to have an anime between the three of them.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Holy shit, not gonna lie, those character designs are actually top tier. If that's actually what they look like in animation, then I have nothing to worry about.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Those other HZ character designs look totally fine. Ushio looked weird in the visual because of his hair, but in the other bits they showed of him here he looked totally normal.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
I agree that We Never Learn will probably be the first of the 3 to get an anime adaptation, with one for Dr. Stone also seeming pretty inevitable. I'm not sure if Robot x Laserbeam will end up getting one, but if it does, it'll probably be after the other 2. However, Neverland and probably Kimetsu are most likely next on deck to get adaptations, with Neverland being something that's just a matter of time before it's announced.
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
Hinomaru Zumou anime PV
-95% live action sumo
-5% percent character stills :cookiehand

All jokes aside, the character designs actually do look faithful to the manga, guess all hope aint lost yet. Now its a matter of seeing the matches animated
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I think the same. WNL will probably be the first to have an anime between the three of them.
Given that they give much more attention to adventure and battle mangas than romances, Dr Stone will be the first, no doubt. Based in what you say that We Never Learn will be the first one?
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
Yuragi got an anime before Kimetsu
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Because it is easy to bump out a romance anime.

WNL has 55 chapters right now, 7 more months (~28 more chapters) anime announcement, then Jump Festa showcase in December, boom done easy clap see you next year Summer 2019.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
A PV for the Hinomaru Zumou anime. It's not much, but you get to see glimpses of other character designs.
i see some great looking characters, i cant wait
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Its strange we still dont have the announcement for the Kimetsu anime, this is giving me Hinomaru and Toriko vibes.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I'd attribute it to the style being difficult to adapt. Either that, or the more realistic answer that no studio wants to adapt it yet.

inb4 multi paragraph rant from cody about why japan has shit taste and that they would be stupid to not jump on the opportunity to adapt kimetsu
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Given that they give much more attention to adventure and battle mangas than romances, Dr Stone will be the first, no doubt. Based in what you say that We Never Learn will be the first one?
Like the other guy said, because Yuragi got it first. And other romcom like Nisekoi and To Love Ru got their anime before other action/adventure manga in their time too
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,554
Reaction score
15,722
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Hopefully Noah's Notes gets anime adaptation in 2021

For Kimetsu no Yaiba, I would be surprised if 2019 ends and it still doesn't get any anime adaptation.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
A PV for the Hinomaru Zumou anime. It's not much, but you get to see glimpses of other character designs.
I mean, it's nice to see the other characters, but all we can see is their faces. Their faces look nice at least. But no animation and only quick flashing still shots, is that even a PV or is it one of those somewhat crazier Japanese TV commercials, I'm wondering because of the live action sumo part.

I'd attribute it to the style being difficult to adapt. Either that, or the more realistic answer that no studio wants to adapt it yet.

inb4 multi paragraph rant from cody about why japan has shit taste and that they would be stupid to not jump on the opportunity to adapt kimetsu
Here's the wall of text you've been waiting for, I'll put it in spoilers so I don't cover up the entire page.
You've been had :3c
A quick summary of the wall of text for those who do not want to read it. It might be true that no studio wants to adapt Kimetsu yet, because we do know that Japanese studios are booked until 2020 with projects because the industry is over solicited, but surely Shueisha will be able to find someone that's willing to adapt the manga. Yes, another possibility is that no studio wants to adapt it yet due to the style being difficult to adapt. But I still don't see an anime not coming in 2019 regardless of all that, even if it's in Fall 2019. If the over solicitation of studios with projects until 2020 is that big a problem and it makes some of the other studios completely unavailable, then chances are, The Promised Neverland will also get its anime much later. Yes, Japan has shit taste but so does everyone :derp . Someone will jump on the opportunity to adapt a Weekly Shonen Jump manga, like always, so you don't need to worry about that, but who is it going to be is the question.


Edit:
Given that they give much more attention to adventure and battle mangas than romances, Dr Stone will be the first, no doubt. Based in what you say that We Never Learn will be the first one?
What gives you such confidence. Romcoms are the easiest to adapt without a doubt. Yuragi got an anime very quickly so I won't be surprised if the same happens for Bokuben and for romcoms really top tier staff members or studios aren't required(but they are a nice bonus, but think about it, a high school setting=easy to adapt). Dr. Stone might get a quick anime from Toei like World Trigger did for example :derp ,but the anime would still be a difficult project due to the nature aspect and because the staff will need to put in extra effort because of all the fauna. Animals are hard to draw in animation, they'll need to find a specialist for that for example.
 
Last edited:

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,564
Reaction score
11,300
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I wonder if the anime of Zumo could increase the popularity of the manga .....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top