Top Ten Game - Actors/Actresses [COUNTDOWN TO THE TOP 10]

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
This remains a @BluePegasus Entertainment Buseniss ® production so people who attempt to take this over without my permission will meet my lawyer.

Anyway, I’m here to continue this of course. First of all, hello. Second of all, I have an exam week next week and since I find that slightly more important than this (sorry guys), I decided to focus more on studying rather than the internet, hence why I’m so late with this.​

ROUND 3: ACTORS/ACTRESSES



Ah ... ain’t that a beautiful bridge? After we’ve had the movie and TV show round, we go to a round that isn’t about the whole bunch, but on the human beings that are of central importance for the result: actors and actresses.

If you’re new to this game (or have a short-term memory), you can find the rules here.*

Since my exam week is next week, I’ll extend the deadline a little bit. So if you want to participate, send me a top 10 of your favourite actors/actresses of all-time before Friday April
6th 12 PM (CET)
.


If you have any further questions, please ask them in this thread or via PM and I will answer them!

*Please, PLEASE check that you have your names correct.​
 

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
COUNTDOWN TO THE TOP 10

#61-45 (1/3)

#61 - 1 point (three-way tie)
Eva Green
Voted by: @FaustXIII

Charlie Chaplin
Voted by: @Organizized

Angelina Jolie
Voted by: @Emperor Spriggan

#58 - 2 points (three-way tie)
Meryl Streep
Voted by: @Zirconium

Saoirse Ronan
Voted by: @Brandish

Viola Davis
Voted by: @BluePegasus

#55 - 3 points (five-way tie)
Amy Adams
Voted by: @FaustXIII

Bill Murray
Voted by: @Organizized

Robert Mitchum
Voted by: @Brandish

Emma Stone
Voted by: @Gryffindor (2), @BluePegasus (1)

Emma Watson
Voted by: @Emperor Spriggan

#49 - 4 points (four-way tie)
Oscar Isaac
Voted by: @FaustXIII

Hugh Laurie
Voted by: @Organizized

Marion Cotillard
Voted by: @Brandish

Morgan Freeman
Voted by: @Valhalla777​
 
Last edited:

Eigengrau

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 9, 2015
Messages
3,024
Reaction score
3,040
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Lie to Me was pretty good, I feel like it got axed before it reached its max potential.

For example, I always thought it would've been fun if the main cast had to deal with a serial killer of sorts (that would send them videos and whatnot) that had reconstructive surgery or something so his "face" wouldn't function properly and showcase his emotions as it should.

Same thing with The Listener. Good idea, poor execution throughout.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Same thing with The Listener. Good idea, poor execution throughout.
There was also The Sniffer, and even though it sounds like a joke, it was pretty good at times.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Oh yeah, Bones is definitely one Of my favorite investigative shows. :nod My wife started (re)watching that and I was like “ugh, what’s this......... hey, what is this?” and then we watched it all in like two weeks.

Now I’ve got “Coconut” stuck in my head. :darn
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Lie to Me was the one with Tim Roth right?

Never actually saw an episode, but it can't be all bad if it has Tim Roth in it.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
But Mentalist was a solid show, started to get gripes with it once it went into season 4, but overall it was a good choice. Great performances of all the cast too.
I just felt that the gaps in between getting bits about Red John would take forever ._. and some causes could be much better. But the main storyline was quite hooking/engaging, imo.
 

Eigengrau

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 9, 2015
Messages
3,024
Reaction score
3,040
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Lie to Me was the one with Tim Roth right?

Never actually saw an episode, but it can't be all bad if it has Tim Roth in it.
Yes. Thought his character and way of acting were quite peculiar, too. Let's say he was pretty much the Dr. House of of body language and whatnot, something like that.

Intro scene in case you just want to get a feel of it:

I believe this show was done quite well. There were times where I was watching episodes and could start to tell what a certain character's body language/micro-expression meant and/or implied before the main characters revealed it.

I just felt that the gaps in between getting bits about Red John would take forever ._. and some causes could be much better. But the main storyline was quite hooking/engaging, imo.
That's the same problem I had with shows like Bones, X-Files... 90% of the episodes is just funny, regular stuff, and only every now and then does it actually get SERIOUS and develop its characters/bigger plot.

Sadly a lot of shows suffer from this. They're like, "here's this super duper mystery thing!" and then 20 out of 25 episodes each episode is a standalone case and there's never any real stakes.
 

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
I didn't vote for it, but the fall of this show won't be the game's best moment...






















































#7 #8



Black Mirror
Score: 23 points (four-way tie part 3/4)

Voted by: @Farfalla (8), @shinobi (8), @FaustXIII (4), @Aizen (3)

Running time: 2011-
Genre: Science fiction/anthology series
Epsiodes: 19
Creator: Charlie Brooker
Starring: Various

Set in a world only minutes from our own, "Black Mirror" unveils how modern technologies can backfire and be used against their makers, every episode set in a slightly different reality with different characters combating different types of technologies.
Source.

Peggy Adds

Black Mirror is a creative series that seems to be at a higher level in creating plot twists than most of the shows similar to it. The show sort of portrays a collapse of today's world. The release of the episode "San Junipero" kind of dragged down the other episodes, though.

Official trailer
​
 
Last edited:

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Are we going to lose a show now that, according to Martin Freeman, is going to flop once the new season is released?















































#7 #8



Sherlock
Score: 23 points
(four-way tie part 4/4)


Voted by: @Elusia (9), @Aizen (8), @shinobi (4), @BluePegasus (2)

Running time: 2010-
Genre: Crime drama
Episodes: 13
Creators: Mark Gatiss, Steven Moffat
Starring: Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman, Rupert Graves, Una Stubbs, Mark Gatiss, Louise Brealey, Andrew Scott, Amanda Abbington

In this modernized version of the Conan Doyle characters, using his detective plots, Sherlock Holmes lives in early 21st century London and acts more cocky towards Scotland Yard's detective inspector Lestrade because he's actually less confident. Doctor Watson is now a fairly young veteran of the Afghan war, less adoring and more active.
Source.

Peggy Adds

Sherlock is truly excellent when it comes to writing, acting and direction – it's a great example of what crime series should be like. It's simple: the show is an achievement, one that is both amusing and wise, that strays true to the feel and brilliance of the original story of Sherlock Holmes.

Official trailer
​
 
Last edited:

Elusia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2017
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
11,568
Country
Philippines
...........And I'm out of shows :emocat

Wow, this is hard considering that I don't watch tv live action shows. But I did great o/
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Seasons 1 and 2 were pretty much perfection. S3 was still fun but a bit too meta and self-indulgent. S4 was a disappointment with some great parts.

Or “how Sherlock went from 10/10 to 8/10 on the Orgz-scale”.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Oh yeah.. I totally forgot about this one... :fail
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Seasons 1 and 2 were pretty much perfection. S3 was still fun but a bit too meta and self-indulgent. S4 was a disappointment with some great parts.

Or “how Sherlock went from 10/10 to 8/10 on the Orgz-scale”.
S1>S4>S3>S2 in my opinion.. but okay, whatever.. :pls
 

Aizen

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2016
Messages
1,469
Reaction score
4,067
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Seasons 1 and 2 were pretty much perfection. S3 was still fun but a bit too meta and self-indulgent. S4 was a disappointment with some great parts.

Or “how Sherlock went from 10/10 to 8/10 on the Orgz-scale”.
Pretty much agree with this. I thought it was phenomenal even through 3 seasons (despite it getting as you said a bit self-indulgent in the third), but the 4th definitely dragged it down a bit for me. Still had to put it ahead of most other shows I have seen though, it just has a high entertainment factor with some great characters.
 

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,384
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I've seen them all, and Bones was a pleasant surprise, I really love Criminal Minds too, because it's more interesting than your general DNA/clue-finding stuff.
Yep more people should have voted for Criminal Minds

Seasons 1 and 2 were pretty much perfection. S3 was still fun but a bit too meta and self-indulgent. S4 was a disappointment with some great parts.

Or “how Sherlock went from 10/10 to 8/10 on the Orgz-scale”.
I agree with this.....
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
S2>S1>S3>S4 in my head.

The first two were excellent. The third was arrogant and the 4th just sloppily written and kind far fetched. To give season 4 some credit, it had some excellent cinematography/editing used to visualize Sherlecks thinking. The earlier seasons sure di that too well, but the 4th has one very phenomenal scene on that.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
S2>S1>S3>S4 in my head.

The first two were excellent. The third was arrogant and the 4th just sloppily written and kind far fetched. To give season 4 some credit, it had some excellent cinematography/editing used to visualize Sherlecks thinking. The earlier seasons sure di that too well, but the 4th has one very phenomenal scene on that.
I absolutely disliked the second season. The only episode that saves it is it's christmas special, but I see that as a stand-alone episode.
BRB was generic as fuck and written very bland, White Bear was a very interesting episode and definitely miles about BRB and the atrocious Waldo Moment.

My favorite episode is The Entire History of You, which I would rate a 10/10 (Only BM ep with that rating imo), National Anthem was a powerhouse of an opening man, holy shit. And 15MM was a great episode too, just didn't care much for it's execution.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
I absolutely disliked the second season. The only episode that saves it is it's christmas special, but I see that as a stand-alone episode.
BRB was generic as fuck and written very bland, White Bear was a very interesting episode and definitely miles about BRB and the atrocious Waldo Moment.

My favorite episode is The Entire History of You, which I would rate a 10/10 (Only BM ep with that rating imo), National Anthem was a powerhouse of an opening man, holy shit. And 15MM was a great episode too, just didn't care much for it's execution.
I was still talking about Sherlock though. Black Murrot still on my waiting list.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Just realized Arrested Development hasn’t been listed. It feels strange for it to be in Top 10, but it’s even stranger that it wouldn’t be listed at all..
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Just realized Arrested Development hasn’t been listed. It feels strange for it to be in Top 10, but it’s even stranger that it wouldn’t be listed at all..
I didn't listed it, but I was sure someone else would. :nod

Would be a shame if that's not the case. :(
 
Top