Top Ten Game - Actors/Actresses [COUNTDOWN TO THE TOP 10]

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
This remains a @BluePegasus Entertainment Buseniss ® production so people who attempt to take this over without my permission will meet my lawyer.

Anyway, I’m here to continue this of course. First of all, hello. Second of all, I have an exam week next week and since I find that slightly more important than this (sorry guys), I decided to focus more on studying rather than the internet, hence why I’m so late with this.​

ROUND 3: ACTORS/ACTRESSES



Ah ... ain’t that a beautiful bridge? After we’ve had the movie and TV show round, we go to a round that isn’t about the whole bunch, but on the human beings that are of central importance for the result: actors and actresses.

If you’re new to this game (or have a short-term memory), you can find the rules here.*

Since my exam week is next week, I’ll extend the deadline a little bit. So if you want to participate, send me a top 10 of your favourite actors/actresses of all-time before Friday April
6th 12 PM (CET)
.


If you have any further questions, please ask them in this thread or via PM and I will answer them!

*Please, PLEASE check that you have your names correct.​
 

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
COUNTDOWN TO THE TOP 10

#61-45 (1/3)

#61 - 1 point (three-way tie)
Eva Green
Voted by: @FaustXIII

Charlie Chaplin
Voted by: @Organizized

Angelina Jolie
Voted by: @Emperor Spriggan

#58 - 2 points (three-way tie)
Meryl Streep
Voted by: @Zirconium

Saoirse Ronan
Voted by: @Brandish

Viola Davis
Voted by: @BluePegasus

#55 - 3 points (five-way tie)
Amy Adams
Voted by: @FaustXIII

Bill Murray
Voted by: @Organizized

Robert Mitchum
Voted by: @Brandish

Emma Stone
Voted by: @Gryffindor (2), @BluePegasus (1)

Emma Watson
Voted by: @Emperor Spriggan

#49 - 4 points (four-way tie)
Oscar Isaac
Voted by: @FaustXIII

Hugh Laurie
Voted by: @Organizized

Marion Cotillard
Voted by: @Brandish

Morgan Freeman
Voted by: @Valhalla777​
 
Last edited:

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Ddddd I just looked up the Nielsen ratings for the next show. A mess.



































































#3



The Wire
Score: 29 points


Voted by: @Ustegius (10), @Brandish (10), @Organizized (6), @shinobi (3)

Running time: 2002-2008
Genre: Crime drama
Episodes: 60
Creator: David Simon
Starring: See here

Set in Baltimore, this show centers around the city's inner-city drug scene. It starts as mid-level drug dealer, D'Angelo Barksdale beats a murder rap. After a conversation with a judge, Det. James McNulty has been assigned to lead a joint homicide and narcotics team, in order to bring down drug kingpin Avon Barksdale. Avon Barksdale, accompanied by his right-hand man Stringer Bell, enforcer Wee-Bey and many lieutenants (including his own nephew, D'Angelo Barksdale), has to deal with law enforcement, informants in his own camp, and competition with a local rival, Omar, who's been robbing Barksdale's dealers and reselling the drugs. The supervisor of the investigation, Lt. Cedric Daniels, has to deal with his own problems, such as a corrupt bureaucracy, some of his detectives beating suspects, hard-headed but determined Det. McNulty, and a blackmailing deputy. The show depicts the lives of every part of the drug "food chain", from junkies to dealers, and from cops to politicians.
Source.

Peggy Adds

I know that y'all love HBO, and most likely feel the same way about David Simon who is one of HBO's best creators, but to me The Wire felt like some sort of redo of themes that already appeared earlier on in their shows, WHICH is an opinion that obviously shouldn't be taken as a disliking because I still find it an useful watch and in especially memorable too. I can also see why the constant swearing and unhurriedly prolonged plot could be a problem for some, though that is something I can overlook because of all the interesting characters.

Official trailer
​
 
Last edited:

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Also what the fuck guys the next show has almost triple the points of what I knocked out just yet! Y'all have been so predictable (but right).
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Also what the fuck guys the next show has almost triple the points of what I knocked out just yet! Y'all have been so predictable (but right).
I hate every single one of those people, probably. :fail
 

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
I am not in danger, Skylar. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!
























































































































#2



Breaking Bad
Score: 72 points (!)

Voted by: @shinobi (10), @FaustXIII (10), @BluePegasus (9), @Farfalla (9), @Aizen (9), @Valhalla777 (9), @zimbardo (8), @Ustegius (8)

Running time: 2008-2013
Genre: Contemporary Western/crime drama
Episodes: 62
Creator: Vince Gilligan
Starring: Bryan Cranston, Anna Gunn, Aaron Paul, Dean Norris, Betsy Brandt, RJ Mitte, Bob Odenkirk, Giancarlo Esposito, Jonathan Banks, Laura Fraser, Jesse Plemons

When chemistry teacher Walter White is diagnosed with Stage III cancer and given only two years to live, he decides he has nothing to lose. He lives with his teenage son, who has cerebral palsy, and his wife, in New Mexico. Determined to ensure that his family will have a secure future, Walt embarks on a career of drugs and crime. He proves to be remarkably proficient in this new world as he begins manufacturing and selling methamphetamine with one of his former students. The series tracks the impacts of a fatal diagnosis on a regular, hard working man, and explores how a fatal diagnosis affects his morality and transforms him into a major player of the drug trade.
Source.

Peggy Adds

Proficiently written, masterfully directed and faultlessly acted; Breaking Bad is simply drama perfection that needs to be worshipped by everyone (including @Xadyu). Explaining why this show is as "excellent" as it is is impossible – the magnificence of the whole series is overwhelming. I know that most people will immediately remember a certain season 5 episode as a pinnacle but I'll take another way and say that "Face Off" from season 4 is genuinely one of the best episodes I've seen, like ever. Also a massive shout-out to Bryan Cranston who did exactly that in his role as Walter White.

Official trailer
​
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
holy fucking shit you guys suck :fail
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,242
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
TFW Winter is coming.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,242
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Could we vote for the next category?

I nominate
Top Ten Completed Anime Series
Top Ten Bands/Music Group/Duo
Top Ten Solo Music Artists
Top Ten Celebrity Crushes (the diversity of this lol)
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
We should do a "Top 10 Personal Favorite" list instead, see how well GoT ranks then.



i hope not the same :fail
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
We should do a "Top 10 Personal Favorite" list instead, see how well GoT ranks then.



i hope not the same :fail
Isn't that what this is (pretty much), though..? I certainly haven't been listing only the ones I think are the best ones, but the ones "closest to my heart" so to speak.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Isn't that what this is (pretty much), though..? I certainly haven't been listing only the ones I think are the best ones, but the ones "closest to my heart" so to speak.
Yeah, me neither. Otherwise I would've never nominated Smallville. No matter how much I love that show, it fits in more with the "Guilty Pleasure" shows than the "Legit Quality Shows" :lmao

I just have a feeling that a lot of people do the shows they think should deserve the #1 spot. Or maybe I'm just not comprehending how "loved' GoT (etc.) actually is.
 
Top