Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Fujimaster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
437
Reaction score
304
Country
Brazil
It looks like Act-Age will be canceled along with Bozebeats.
I hope that Ziga or Noah's Notes survives, while Jujutsu Kaisen turns the new cushion for RxL.
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
Is the dream still alive? If it manages to stick around, it will barely be able to pull it off. It's in a weird place, that's for sure, with Boze being a guaranteed death and I have my doubts about Ziga and Jujutsu lasting for longer than 4 volumes.
I would like to stick with my dream for now, no matter how slim the chances are,

that being said, Boze is at chapter 12 right? so any word on it's situation, we may not be having a new serialization round soon due to the 40 thing... at least until the 3rd batch is announced,

Also, RxL volumes are selling OK, but people don't really seem to care much about it in the magazine itself, why not just move it to plus?
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Take your soccer and baseball mangas to Magazine
Is there even an ongoing Original Soccer manga running anywhere anymore
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I wouldn't mind if it survived, I like what I've seen of it so far. It definitely left more of an impression on me than Boze, Ziga and Jujutsu. If it does get axed, I wouldn't be devastated, but it would be unfortunate. I think this chance the duo got will result in valuable experience being gained for not only the artist, but for the writer as well.
I think the writer is alright, although he's weird for choosing to serialize this type of story in WSJ
the artist need to improve, the art leaves a lot to be desired

We need a new sports series to come to replace Act-Age. Its baseball season afterall.
there is a new baseball manga in the newest serialization round from Jump Plus
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I would like to stick with my dream for now, no matter how slim the chances are,

that being said, Boze is at chapter 12 right? so any word on it's situation, we may not be having a new serialization round soon due to the 40 thing... at least until the 3rd batch is announced,

Also, RxL volumes are selling OK, but people don't really seem to care much about it in the magazine itself, why not just move it to plus?
That's just jump plus manga no?
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Hopefully Boze ends next chap and Act Age next so we can keep it pushin with the new series
I just want something promising and new besides Noah's Notes. I also like Act-age, but I can see why not everyone would be into it and maybe it isn't the most ideal manga for WSJ. Jujutsu and Ziga didn't really impress me, I guess they could both survive, but only if the Japanese audience really loves them for some reason.

I think the writer is alright, although he's weird for choosing to serialize this type of story in WSJ
the artist need to improve, the art leaves a lot to be desired

there is a new baseball manga in the newest serialization round from Jump Plus
Was the Act-age artist only 19 or 20 or am I thinking of someone else? I think it's interesting they went for this person as the other part of the duo, despite the very young age. And the writer went for this story in WSJ as a gamble, since a lot of the things that have been taking off in WSJ recently aren't the most traditional.

>2018
>reading Days for your football fix

read Ao Ashi like a normal person
Or Giant Killing if you want something with translations.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
you're thinking of the right person, the artist is 20

 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,554
Reaction score
15,721
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Dat Black Clover second place.

Kek RxL
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
Never actually read both (I just sorta knew days exist)

Last football manga I've read was shuudan! (I didn't even read ole gozalo)

Oh wait I forgot, I read Mai Ball... yeah, not the best example
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Pretty sure Days is Sharkbait's dream series?

But does anyone seriously think another sports series can survive in the magazine right now? I can't really see the current 3 going anywhere soon, and it isn't realistic for anything else to match them. No way is RxL gonna be cancelled while there's still this much fodder and Gintama's end on the horizon, and HZ is probably safe until its anime finishes or it's a confirmed flop.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Pretty sure Days is Sharkbait's dream series?

But does anyone seriously think another sports series can survive in the magazine right now? I can't really see the current 3 going anywhere soon, and it isn't realistic for anything else to match them. No way is RxL gonna be cancelled while there's still this much fodder and Gintama's end on the horizon, and HZ is probably safe until its anime finishes or it's a confirmed flop.
Only if it's from one of the best veterans around, the type of veteran that made a legendary sports series in the past. The other option is if a manga about a typically obscure sport appears, from a very talented creator that can make everything exciting and fresh.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Pretty sure Days is Sharkbait's dream series?

But does anyone seriously think another sports series can survive in the magazine right now? I can't really see the current 3 going anywhere soon, and it isn't realistic for anything else to match them. No way is RxL gonna be cancelled while there's still this much fodder and Gintama's end on the horizon, and HZ is probably safe until its anime finishes or it's a confirmed flop.
Baseball can.
Only if it's from one of the best veterans around, the type of veteran that made a legendary sports series in the past. The other option is if a manga about a typically obscure sport appears, from a very talented creator that can make everything exciting and fresh.
Obscurity hasnt helped Hinomaru Zumou or RxL which is only doing well from Kuroko loyalists.
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
^It has helped survive HZ for 4 years already, even with sales that leave so much to be desired
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
^It has helped survive HZ for 4 years already, even with sales that leave so much to be desired
Just feels like a *lets keep it around until some other sports series explodes* :(
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
57069 2137419 O (OP)
-
16335 *290400 ド (DBS)
11671 *256306 ブ (BC)
11019 *551773 僕 (Heroaca)

Not too many series in the top 100 this week but next week should be interesting. Also looking at Bunkyodo, Jigokuraku is ranking around 30-32 place. If its able to stay in this range for the rest of the week we may see it in the top 50 on Oricon but series that debut in the 30s tend to drop off the Top 50 in a few days.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,554
Reaction score
15,721
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
In other order of news, today marks 20th anniversary of first anime episode from one of most important Jump titles we've had. How fast runs time.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top