Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 381 Discussion / 382 Predictions | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 381 Discussion / 382 Predictions

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

Hi.

This is the season 2 chapter 301 postscript.^^

I felt like today’s Baam looked cool, so here is Baam with his bang up..

To be honest, I think a bit more messy hair suits Baam better ha ha

Today, I tried to raise the tension in the battle..

It feels like Baam is finally discovering something that is unique to him. There was always a part of the story portraying Baam’s growth during the Hell Train Arc, so I think the period to end this all will begin now.

I was planning to make him struggle over his identity and then make him stronger the moment he finds the answer

But the way to present or method of doing it was quite difficult..

Establishing the relationship between strength=self-identity was quite harder than I thought

You can say that there is an existing correlation between the journey fo find one’s own self and the combat strength ha ha

Of course, portraying that as naturally as possible was my task as the director(author)

So I tried to put some foreshadowing here and there, and kept progressing the plot, and now here I am.

Indeed, I still have many areas to work on more, but I hoped that you would enjoy this episode ^^;

Now that Baam is awakened(?) with his ability

Maybe he can finally fight even with data Zahard, maybe ha ha

There are still much more stuff to entertain you

So I would hope for you to stay tuned for the next week as well.

There will be new skills and stuff, ha ha.

Although this is unrelated to this week’s episode, I got food poisoning and had to rest for two days while I was working on this week’s (preview) chapter ha ha

Anyway, I hope you had fun reading it in this week.. and please look forward to the next week, too

Don’t get sick like me, take care of your health,

And I hope you will have a wonderful week.

Thank you.

Have a good week ^^

Looks like SIU is in a good mood :amuse.

Source.

No, I don't think that's Baam's "quality". It's the effect of his transformation on his Shinsoo. If that was his quality, Baam's Orb would have been black since the beginning since he clashed with Zahard's Golden Needle and was able to stop his attacks. Baam doesn't seem to have one, his Orb is for pure Shinsoo with no element attached to it.

I like what Zahard said about Baam's use of Shinwonryu at the beginning. He is not the first Irregular with Orb but he is the only one using it by putting his Shinwonryu inside. That means that V and the other Irregulars who have different attributes use the attribute + Shinwonryu combo differently.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
This goes back to our discussion of quality and form. Orb is the form. But not the quality. He can probably place any quality in the orb form that he learns.

The black hole sphere itself is something like a "quality". Baam applied that to the form of the orb and abracadabra. We have Baam's glowy ball of doom.
The orb still doesn't have that. Orb is just orb and it is as complete as aguero's ice spear as far as we have been told (damn confusing translations). And learning to use fire or whatever other element shouldn't be quite the same as learning how to use another orb or ice spear or shinsoo quality/type. I would assume bam can throw any element he learns in there but it is not necessarily the case that he could throw an ice spear into his orb.

Shinwonryu can't be a quality. Shinwonryu is a different form of shinsoo usage, it's a bang. What zahard says only means that he hasn't seen an orb being used by a shinwonryu user before. Which has the interesting implication that none of the 13 companions he climbed with did not have an orb quality. If not that, at least that someone had it but never bothered to use it.

GOOMOONRYONG

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I am wondering about the black panel right before Zahard noticed he got cut. I thought he was able to see with the crimson 3 eye mask on but maybe he is fighting blind to make it more enjoyable? Or maybe he can just read the flow of shinsu with his eyes covered?

I also thought the cut away to Koon and Rachel was completely unnecessary. Didn't really add much to what their objective was.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I am wondering about the black panel right before Zahard noticed he got cut. I thought he was able to see with the crimson 3 eye mask on but maybe he is fighting blind to make it more enjoyable? Or maybe he can just read the flow of shinsu with his eyes covered?

I also thought the cut away to Koon and Rachel was completely unnecessary. Didn't really add much to what their objective was.
My guess is that this is the first time in a long while since he has taken any damage at all. He was probably just surprised that he felt the hit against bam's orb defense at all.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
The orb still doesn't have that. Orb is just orb and it is as complete as aguero's ice spear as far as we have been told (damn confusing translations). And learning to use fire or whatever other element shouldn't be quite the same as learning how to use another orb or ice spear or shinsoo quality/type. I would assume bam can throw any element he learns in there but it is not necessarily the case that he could throw an ice spear into his orb.
I don't think that makes sense. He wouldn't throw an ice spear in there it would just be an ice quality shinsoo orb. Since the form would be "orb" and the quality would be "ice". Assuming he possessed that quality.

Shinwonryu can't be a quality. Shinwonryu is a different form of shinsoo usage, it's a bang. What zahard says only means that he hasn't seen an orb being used by a shinwonryu user before. Which has the interesting implication that none of the 13 companions he climbed with did not have an orb quality. If not that, at least that someone had it but never bothered to use it.
I don't see why the black hole sphere wouldn't be a quality. We've already seen Zahard use it internally right? So it's not just a bang. Now we've seen it incorporated into a form as well. It's acting exactly like a shinsoo quality as far as I can tell.

GOOMOONRYONG

Reaction score
Country
United States
We also have a tie game so far! I also liked that Baam has his own signature now and that he found his resolve. Also seems like his battle instincts could rival Zahard's but I wonder if the Thorn boosts that power. We saw in part one that his shinsu protected him against Hwa Ryun but I am sure the Thorn probably boosts that ability.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I don't see why the black hole sphere wouldn't be a quality. We've already seen Zahard use it internally right? So it's not just a bang. Now we've seen it incorporated into a form as well. It's acting exactly like a shinsoo quality as far as I can tell.
Zahard there had his shinsoo quality created using shinwonryu. Using that internally and suggesting you can use shinwonryu as a quality for internal quality control kinda misses the point. From the get go shinwonryu was described as a bang. Shinsoo qualities are something... innate to the user. This is just a shinsoo manipulation type that bam learned from the god of guardians. Shinwonryu is absolutely just a bang. A special bang of course but a bang. Heck, just look at how zahard uses this, he uses his shinwonryu exactly as you'd expect a bang.

Ripcord

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think that makes sense. He wouldn't throw an ice spear in there it would just be an ice quality shinsoo orb. Since the form would be "orb" and the quality would be "ice". Assuming he possessed that quality.

While I do think that Shinwonryu is a shinsoo quality (I mean it’s shinsoo that behaves in a way that’s different from normal shinsoo) I also want to say that Quant used a normal bang’s worth of shinsoo on himself during the FoT. I believe that was internal, although I don’t think it’s an internal quality.

I guess when you mix the two, Zahard using shinwonryu as internal quality did change his body fundamentally and Bam could see that.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
While I do think that Shinwonryu is a shinsoo quality (I mean it’s shinsoo that behaves in a way that’s different from normal shinsoo) I also want to say that Quant used a normal bang’s worth of shinsoo on himself during the FoT. I believe that was internal, although I don’t think it’s an internal quality.

I guess when you mix the two, Zahard using shinwonryu as internal quality did change his body fundamentally and Bam could see that.
Shinsoo qualities are properties your shinsoo has. More so, shinsoo qualities (in the context of ice spear or orb) have specific shapes. Shinwonryu doesn't have a shape. Even SIU compared shinwonryu to normal shinsoo control using the light and water thing... As in normal shinsoo control was based on water and shinwonryu was based on light and whatnot.

Ripcord

Reaction score
Country
United States
Shinsoo qualities are properties your shinsoo has. More so, shinsoo qualities (in the context of ice spear or orb) have specific shapes. Shinwonryu doesn't have a shape. Even SIU compared shinwonryu to normal shinsoo control using the light and water thing... As in normal shinsoo control was based on water and shinwonryu was based on light and whatnot.
Well when SIU introduced Shinwonryu he wasn’t ready to introduce shinsoo qualities so he might have left that out. Also shinsoo qualities don’t HAVE to have a shape... look at all that ice AA made. It definitely isn’t spear shaped. And also Bam is using his shape without a particular shinsoo quality apparently.

So what this tells me is that the shape and the quality are distinct and when you put them together you can make a really powerful attack, but you don’t necessarily need to use the quality and shape together.

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I guess Quality is the best way one can use the shinso he has. It doesnt have to be elemental but often it is. Zahards quality seems to be Gold for some reason. Bams doesnt have an element rather a shape and a method of use.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well when SIU introduced Shinwonryu he wasn’t ready to introduce shinsoo qualities so he might have left that out. Also shinsoo qualities don’t HAVE to have a shape... look at all that ice AA made. It definitely isn’t spear shaped. And also Bam is using his shape without a particular shinsoo quality apparently.

So what this tells me is that the shape and the quality are distinct and when you put them together you can make a really powerful attack, but you don’t necessarily need to use the quality and shape together.
I am using shinsoo quality for things like "ice spear" here, not just the element or the shape (because the translation is bullshit and the terminology remains unclear). Sure, aguero can use just ice but his shinsoo quality (or type or affinity or whatever) is "ice spear". Shinsoo qualities absolutely HAVE to have a shape. It's elemental properties that are optional (so far at least). Bam's is literally just a shape without an element. And bam's first quality isn't gaining a new element nor is it incomplete. I would argue that if bam for instance gets a fire orb in the future, it'd even be a secondary quality. Much like how eduan has electric spear and then ice spear.

HonArie

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just as I proclaimed, Baam's adept and deft at using tension ( I guess the orb) regardless of experience.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think the reason your confused about all this isn't the translation. It's that the idea that form and quality being fused together doesn't make sense. And I don't think it's what SIU meant when he explained it either.

What he's doing here with quality is not dissimilar to what Naruto did with element chakra.

Quality is like the element of the shinsoo. It gives it a properties and makes it more powerful in some way. The shape is just the form the suits the user. Nowhere has it ever say that was it's exclusive form. If that were the case lots of things wouldn't make sense. Rak for example already used his quality in 2 different ways. The first was a shield in front of him the second was wearing it like armor. Yihwa has obviously been using fire quality shinsoo this whole time but doesn't have any defined form.

-------------------------------------

On a slightly different note, did anybody else notice how similar Baam's black butterfly attack looked like the FUG decorations? If that organization was originally created by someone loyal to V then I wonder if he could do something similar.

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Most likely Fug riginal Techs are V s techs for all we know. They also have someedge over spells of sort, may be those might come from Arlene. But Bam doesnt seem to be the wizard kind, If Hoaquin was MC then Arlene s stuffs might have come in handy after all Hoaquin gained notority by merging and using souls and what not which required the spell ritual and what not

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I think the reason your confused about all this isn't the translation. It's that the idea that form and quality being fused together doesn't make sense. And I don't think it's what SIU meant when he explained it either.

What he's doing here with quality is not dissimilar to what Naruto did with element chakra.

Quality is like the element of the shinsoo. It gives it a properties and makes it more powerful in some way. The shape is just the form the suits the user. Nowhere has it ever say that was it's exclusive form. If that were the case lots of things wouldn't make sense. Rak for example already used his quality in 2 different ways. The first was a shield in front of him the second was wearing it like armor. Yihwa has obviously been using fire quality shinsoo this whole time but doesn't have any defined form.

On a slightly different note, did anybody else notice how similar Baam's black butterfly attack looked like the FUG decorations? If that organization was originally created by someone loyal to V then I wonder if he could do something similar.
Eduan assignment for bam was to find the shape and quality that suit him and the clicker basically told him what that was (the orb). Within the context of bam's assignment, quality and shape are a single thing. Otherwise the clicker wouldn't have done its job when it told bam his shape was an orb without a quality, bam would be missing a crucial bit of information there.

As for rak, I would argue him making the rock armor is comparable to aguero using ice without making a spear. Aguero can presumably cover his body in ice but that wouldn't mean he has an ice armor shinsoo quality/type. And that is sort of comparable to the yeon family's fire (except that for the yeon fire is innate and more powerful than the fire non yeon's can acquire and use). I will venture the guess that yihwa has yet to find her shinsoo shape and thus doesn't yet enjoy the benefit of having found both (which would be the enhanced tension).

And then that takes us back to shinwonryu. Shinwonryu is neither a shinsoo shape nor a quality. It's not shinsoo that has light properties... And it is round but it is not an object or anything like that. It's a bang, an unit of energy that allows different more powerful shinsoo control than the alternatives.

You mean luslec? I am not sure of how luslec could acquire the stuff bam is using right now. Bam is using double admin powers alongside a thorn and shinwonryu. I guess it depends on whether the techniques with black shinsoo bam is using are the direct result of bam having all that stuff within him. If it's not then it is possible others could acquire the black shinsoo and techniques.

As for the butterfly... Maybe it was V's or arlen's family symbol?

Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Quality, shape. All of this was under a single name in fact: Attribute.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Quality, shape. All of this was under a single name in fact: Attribute.
I was reading the chapters where this was explained but the only time the word was even used was when eduan was explaining the clicker and said "the liquid reacts to your qualities and attributes and shows you the shape of the shinsoo that suits them". It doesn't suggest attributes is ice spear or orb. In this explanation at least it kinda sounds like attributes should be synonymous with qualities. If its not that then it should be the shape but then again the clicker analysis attributes to determine the shape so attribute should be the shape. If anything the rest of the explanations seem to refer to things like ice spear and whatnot as qualities and shape mostly. Or just shinsoo quality. This isn't really all that consistent.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
I really liked the chapter.

The most important part of the chapter was Baam finally realising his true self.He till now only tried to find fragments of himself but never tried to understand his true self.

Also Baam's use of Shinsoo and Black Orb really interested me.I feel Baam will be lot stronger after this battle.

Ripcord

Reaction score
Country
United States

:oooh

I hadn’t noticed the butterfly design but that looks EXACTLY like the FUG design and considering that the flare wave (or butterfly) is FUG’s technique it either comes from V or Arlene. I suspect it comes from V though since this arc has been all about Bam’s connection to V.

And we already know that shinsoo qualities (I am assuming elements like Jammin suggests) are inherited like ice and fire have been, so it’s not s stretch that Bam’s would be similar to V’s.

If Zahard is not a complete idiot then he should recognize that shinsoo and he should know exactly who Bam is now.