The more I read of this current saga in Hinomaru Sumou the more I wish Kawada had transfered the series to Young Jump after Part 1. Its a compelling story but the structure just seems like something that the target audience of Shonen Jump will not fully appreciate. There's a reason a lot of Shonen Sports manga don't do the sport at the professional level, unless the structure of competition lends itself well for the hype and hot-blooded action we want. The type of thinking at that level is inherently different from school sports. In school sports, tournaments rarely happen over more than 2-3 days. Here in Sumou for example, the tournament is scheduled to take place over 15 days. Onimaru is going all out from his first match. There's also a lot of psychological elements going on now regarding Onimaru's drive for Sumou. A character even remarks that he doesn't say "I'm going to become the Yokozuna!" like he did back during the school sports saga. Its "non-Shounen-like" in a different vein from HxH, which can pass but sports series will have difficulty.