Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So CG demons it is then.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
A bit of a nitpick, but Tanjirou looks a bit older in that image. And a little disappointed that they didn't go with the rough manga style.

Anyway, like Bones with MHA, do you guys think this will have a different approach than Ufotable's other series, given that this is their first time adapting a Jump property
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
A bit of a nitpick, but Tanjirou looks a bit older in that image. And a little disappointed that they didn't go with the rough manga style.

Anyway, like Bones with MHA, do you guys think this will have a different approach than Ufotable's other series, given that this is their first time adapting a Jump property
I don't think they'll be a whole lot of changes honestly. I will say that they'll have to streamline the first few arcs of the manga a bit to get through the beginning until the Spider arc but man this is something completely new for them. We may be looking at a lower budget production if they're in this for the long haul.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
A bit of a nitpick, but Tanjirou looks a bit older in that image. And a little disappointed that they didn't go with the rough manga style.

Anyway, like Bones with MHA, do you guys think this will have a different approach than Ufotable's other series, given that this is their first time adapting a Jump property
The thing is, ufotable haven't really had the chance to adapt a manga in a while. It's not just about it being a series from Jump. It's just that they haven't really touched many manga. The rough style would've been incredibly difficult to pull off, I only could've seen Bones pull it off maybe and we could possibly see some of the roughness at certain points in motion and in animation.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Never forget the humanoid demonic retrograde army in ufotable sword boys was all CG
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I'm worried that Ufotable's KnY will look too... shiny, if that makes sense. The art is different, but I can get behind it. I'm very intrigued to say the least.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I'm worried that Ufotable's KnY will look too... shiny, if that makes sense. The art is different, but I can get behind it. I'm very intrigued to say the least.
Yeah ufotable style is really weird.

There's this meme


But honestly, Toriko's character designs in the OVA were very faithful.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Shame that it isn't Toei. Would love to see it adapted by them in 12 episodes by a strong internal staff like other of their originals . Well, that's it.

Either way, I'm not confident in ufotable. I like them but I don't think that the style of the studio, cg, color schemes and t's animation fits Kimetsu at all. But let's wait and see, I hope it's for the best and it fits what Kimetsu is. And that's without mention the staff itself.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Kimetsu no Yaiba anime visual will be in #27.
In #27, My Hero Academia is only 15p.
Sketches in chapters, short chapters.

I hope horikoshi isnt battling a very serious illness. This is getting very worrying.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Sorry Drake is cancelled tho.
So about Neverland, are we completely unsure about the studio at this point, or do you still think it's most likely going to be Cloverworks?
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Never underestimate ufotable's eagerness to use CG on any occasion.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top