Games Top Ten Game - Interim Round 105: Top 10 Hottest video games female characters

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,245
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Schedule

Current :

Interim Round 105
Hottest Female Video Game Characters
Host: @Erinyes

On Hold :
Worst Tropes in Anime/Manga/Light Novel
Host: zimbardo

Note: The schedule could still be changed/re-arranged depending on the hosts' availability.



Host:
@Erinyes

🎨
Artist Characters

👾
Badass Video Game Characters

🍕
Slice of Life Anime/Manga/LN

Host:
@Purity of Magi
🏜
Magi Characters
🧙‍♀️
Whey They Cry Characters

⛓
Chainsaw Man Characters
Host: @Gajeel

🏐
Haikyuu Characters
Host: @Holt

🎮
Video Game Characters [Remake]
Host: @Sky

👨
Dads/Father Figures
Host: @z.5

🎵
'Big 3' Music Rounds
Host: @Xadyu

🐼
Anime Pandas
Host: @Copy Panda

Tokyo Revengers Characters
Host: @Hermit

Interim Rounds
#01: Animated Shows Host: @Faust
#02: Animes Host: @Faust
#03: Music Bands/Groups Host: @Faust
#04: Music Duos Host: @Faust
#05: Music Artists Host: @Faust
#06: Anime OPs Host: @Faust
#07: Anime EDs Host: @Faust
#08: Anime OSTs Host: @Faust
#09: Anime Fights Host: @Faust
#10: Anime Groups Host: @Faust
#11: Anime Moves Host: @Faust
#12: Anime Duos Host: @Faust
#13: Anime Movies Host: @Faust
#14: Manga Series Host: @Faust
#15: Music Videos Host: @Faust
#16: Animated Movies Host: @Faust
#17: Video Games Host: @Faust
#18: Mangakas Host: @Faust
#19: Manga Characters Who Lived Up to the Hype Host: @Faust
#20: Most Sad Anime Moments Host: @Faust
#21: Anime Senseis Host: @Faust
#22: Video Game Duos Host: @Faust
#23: Anime Leaders Host: @Faust
#24: Anime/Manga/Light Novel Swordwielders Host: @Faust
#25: Anime/Manga/Light Novel Marks(wo)men Host: @Faust
#26: Anime/Manga/Light Novel Athletes Host: @Faust
#27: Video Game Villains Host: @Faust
#28: Animated (Non-Anime) Villains Host: @Faust
#29: Anime/Manga/Light Novel Villains Host: @Faust
#30: Underappreciated Anime Series Host: @Faust
#31: Underappreciated Animated Films Host: @Faust
#32: Anime/Manga/Light Novel Rivals/Archnemeses Host: @Faust
#33: Anime/Manga/Light Novel Romantic Pairings Host: @Faust
#34: Anime/Manga/Light Novel featuring Physical/Mental Disablities/Illness Host: @Faust
#35: Anime Full Soundtrack Host: @Faust
#36: Super Smash Bros. Fighter Suggestions Host: @Faust
#37: Animals Host: zimbardo
#38: Sci-Fi Movies Host: @Faust
#39: Type-Moon Characters Host: @Faust
#40: Countries with Best Cuisine Host: zimbardo
#41: Anime/Manga/Light Novel Characters That You Want To See Go All Out Host: @Faust
#42: Animal Crossing New Horizons Villagers Host: @Ustegius
#43: Dragon Ball Characters Host: @Faust
#44: One Piece Characters Host: @Faust
#45: Naruto Characters Host: @syx
#46: Bleach Characters Host: zimbardo
#47: Female Lead Characters [Anime/Manga/LN/VN] Host: @Brandish μ
#48: Parents/Guardians [Anime/Manga/LN/VN] Host: @Faust
#49: Fullmetal Alchemist Characters Host: @Purity of Magi
#50: Boku no Hero Academia Characters Host: @Hermit
#51: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Characters Host @GrySun
#52: Secondary Characters [Anime/Manga/LN/VN] Host: @revo
#53: Best Story Arcs [Anime/Manga/LN/VN] Host: @Faust
#54: Kimetsu no Yaiba Characters Host: @revo
#55: Anime Hair Host: @Evil3ye
#56: Gintama Characters Host: @Gryffindor
#57: Black Clover Characters Host: @Juviii
#58: Tensais Host: @Erinyes
#59: Waifus Host: @SirSamuel016
#60: Manga Artworks Host: @revo
#61: Hunter x Hunter Characters Host: @Nii
#62: Yū Yū Hakusho Characters Host: @Faust
#63: Pokémon Host: @Evil3ye
#64: Inspiring Characters Host: @desin24
#65: Shokugeki no Sōma Characters Host: @Tatsumaki
#66: Shingeki no Kyojin Characters Host: @Farfalla
#67: Stylish Characters Host: @Erinyes
#68: Husbandos Host: @revo
#69: Fairy Tail Characters Host: @Brandish μ
#70: Dr. Stone Characters Host: @Hermit
#71: Jujutsu Kaisen Characters Host: @Nii
#72: Romantic Scenes in Manga(wha) Host: @Erinyes
#73: Brawlers Host: @Faust
#74: Anime OST Composers Hosts: @Farfalla and @MArGi
#75: Video Game+Visual Novel OST Composers Hosts: @Farfalla and @MArGi
#76: Badass Male Characters - Host: @Erinyes
#77: Badass Female Characters - Host: @Erinyes
#78: Nanatsu no Taizai Characters - Host: @Hermit
#79: Manga/LN/VN That Need An Anime - Host: @Brandish μ
#80: Eurovision 2022 - Host: @Riku
#81: Female Mangaka - Host: @Erinyes
#82: Fate Characters - Host: @Nii
#83: Best Character Designs (Male) - Host: @Erinyes
#84: Best Character Designs (Female) - Host: @Erinyes
#85: Annoying Characters - Host: @Evil3ye
#86: Voice Actors (Seiyū) - Host: @Farfalla
#87: Video Game Character Designs (Male) - Host @Erinyes
#88: Video Game Character Designs (Female) - Host @Erinyes
#89: Eurovision 2023 - Host: @Riku
#90: Feel Good Slices of Life Anime/Manga/Light Novel - Host: @Erinyes
#91: Kingdom Characters - Host: @MArGi
#92: Anime OPs (Remake) - Host; @Erinyes

ON HOLD
#??: Worst Tropes in Anime/Manga/Light Novel - Host: @z.5
#??: Massively Multiplayer Online Games (MMOs)
For rounds hosted by @BluePegasus Go here
For rounds hosted by @Xadyu Go here
For rounds hosted by zimbardo Go here

Hosting Priority List and Window of Availability

Video games in terms of story
Villains you wish had won [Anime/Manga/LN/VN]


I've made a thread to alert people when new rounds are starting, when lists are to be sent, when the number 1 has been released, etc.

I hope that it is a useful tool for you lot.

Please watch the thread and, if hosting, post messages to alert people to anything useful within the game
:verily

1K page celebration post [courtesy of Valhalla777]
 
Last edited:

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
I’ve read about 300-400 chapters (I think) of Ippo way back, but then I kinda fell out of it and now the prospect of rereading it is terrifying because it’s just. so. long.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Still only my one-pointer out. :zomg Which means I was pretty close with the “completely non-unique picks” statement I guess. :XD
You definitely should though. I started reading it about 16/17 years ago and followed it on foot ever since. Until a year or two ago, that's when I started reading per fight/arc because the weekly interruptions between punches just got too much. Definitely start reading it again and read it the same way, do a fight/arc per reading session. It's easier to take breaks and pick it up.

Ippo is my first one out, definitely expected my #6 one to go out first, so that means it's not a unique pick, really interest who else picked it.
I'm thinking @zimbardo , but then again a few in the list could have it. @Ustegius or @Zirconium might be good choice for that one too.
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,996
Reaction score
18,570
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Well, it's a classic shounen in it's plot.
Ack.
The words 'Generic/classic shounen' really are a quick way to lessen my interest...

Not got anything really against shounen, but once you've seen 3, you've seen them all (obviously hyperbole, but still... it is a genre which heavily plays on tropes [one of the reasons I love OPM so much is how it plays on tropes in the right way, not the usual way].

Still, may give it a look - it isn't like I can't drop it if it isn't doing it for me
:invalid
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,245
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Also, I'm not sure which way you went @FaustXIII , but Hajime no Ippo and it's sequels should definitely count as one. It's literally a continuation of the same story.
No more Hajime no Ippo votes except yours.

 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Oooooor not. Apparently I remember the order wrong.

Serial Experiments Lain is definitely a very very underrated show and if you guys haven't seen it I urge you to do so soon.
Especially my regular gang of rec's; @zimbardo @Ustegius @Organizized @GrySun

I never thought I would see Buranko on this list, what the fuck @Brandish . It's a brilliant anime, it was so unexpected to have an anime like that back in that season. Absolutely loved it.

Chihayafuru and Clannad has been on my watchlist ever since they came out, not sure why I ever watched them.
Violet Evergarden is too overrated, I get the love, I truly do. I really liked it a lot, but it's definitely not top 10 material imo.

Not sure what the last one is, looks familiar, Jap-name doesn't ring a bell.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
II should have added this one :emocat
You should've!
No more Hajime no Ippo votes except yours.

Alright, just checking. I'm disappointed in everyone though.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,680
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Among the ones I'm more fond of, Violet Evergarden is exaclty where it should be. Beautiful anime and one of my favs out of the latest ones I watched. I would feel better about it without the love story around a +/-10~14y old girl and an adult '-'
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,245
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Ack.
The words 'Generic/classic shounen' really are a quick way to lessen my interest...

Not got anything really against shounen, but once you've seen 3, you've seen them all (obviously hyperbole, but still... it is a genre which heavily plays on tropes [one of the reasons I love OPM so much is how it plays on tropes in the right way, not the usual way].

Still, may give it a look - it isn't like I can't drop it if it isn't doing it for me
:invalid

Law of Ueki was broadcasted here in free TV, back when they still broadcast anime every weekday afternoons. The main character's power is to make trees from trash so he's like a garbage alchemist. :lmao




The rival channel have Bleach. So you know which channel people tuned in. :cookiehand

 
  • Like
Reactions: z.5

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,637
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I definitely wouldn't have put Magi or KonoSuba anywhere close to the top 10, I definitely knew Gry was going for Magi though
The anime is of really great quality, I give you that, it was one of those shows (along with likes of Jojo, Kuroko and Haikyuu) that really gave me hope for new gen animes.
I didn't expect anyone else picking it. It's good but there are many better ones. Still, Magi is really important to me so thought on place 10 would be a good spot for an honorable mention.

Jojo! I would've expected Gry to vote for this one too
I decided to vote for only one season of JoJo which was my favorite, else 3 of my 10 picks would be JoJo, and wanted some more variety.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And damn.. I never would've thought Hajime no Ippo was the first to go, I definitely would've thought someone like @GrySun would've picked it (have you not seen it?)
Must disappoint you there. It's been a longer time of me not caring about any sports related shows until randomly watching one I really liked. I'll probably watch that one eventually, it's said to be really good. Even though boxing isn't my kind of thing.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Lain is friggin’ fantastic, great one @Xadyu. But I picked another series by the same director. :rolleyes:

Kuuchuu Buranko looks really interesting. Added to watchlist!

I’m gonna sleep now. Will probably end up dropping a wall of comments on all the series tomorrow. :cookiehand
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,637
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I haven't seen Spice and Wolf, 07-Ghost, Kaiji, NGE or Bokurano in this list. Very happy to see Toradora! getting some love, one of my highest rated animes.
I haven't seen the rest, but I've read either the mangas or the novels.

Captain Tsubasa is always fun, but none of it would rate this high with me.
Spice and Wolf didn't make it on my list due to slight salt levels(because I gotta read the novels for more), but it is definitely a great and recommendable watch.

Bokurano has it's flaws but it still glued me to the screen and made it hard to stop watching. A very sad watch, with a lot of suspense. So even though critically it is lacking in some areas I still thought it deserves a mention as it's one of the more impactful things I've seen.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Must disappoint you there. It's been a longer time of me not caring about any sports related shows until randomly watching one I really liked. I'll probably watch that one eventually, it's said to be really good. Even though boxing isn't my kind of thing.
I found out that (for me anyway) it doesn't matter if you like a certain sports or not. I've covered most by now with anime or manga, and I care for none of them. And loved most of them. If it's boxing, basketball, horse racing, go, chess, golf or whatever. Sports manga are fucking great! :zomg

Ippo wasn't my first, but one of my very first ones, it got recommended to me and I was like "Boxing? Pfft, who cares about that?" and I was instantly hooked.
Before I finished the anime I was already reading the manga. And it took forever to get a new season (I was watching the anime when it came out). The later seasons up the art/animation quality a lot, but my favorite is definitely one of the movies, which is a fight between support characters. 10/10, would've included it here if we could've chosen movies.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,637
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I've been wanting to watch the monogatari animes, my ex was crazy about them , specially bakemonogatari. They look... interesting...
I watched it and... eh. It had some good parts but overall I don't think you would like it '-' Nor do I like it much to be in my top30.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I should have added this one :emocat
Pretty surprised you didn't list that one, since you said several times before how you like it.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Seeing Gry I just noticed I also forgot Monster @.@......... fucking 5 mins list...
Have you ever even finished Monster tho? :grumble
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,637
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
My #1 will most definitely only have me pick it. :hee
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Seeing Gry I just noticed I also forgot Monster @.@......... fucking 5 mins list...
I'm definitely expecting Monster here, I haven't seen the anime, but I read the manga and it's perhaps the most perfect manga there is.:nod

Lain is friggin’ fantastic, great one @Xadyu. But I picked another series by the same director. :rolleyes:

Kuuchuu Buranko looks really interesting. Added to watchlist!
Good to know you watched it, I'm trying to think of which series you put in there then.. He was the director or did he do other stuff? If so it's probably Kino's Journey or Ghost Hound, two brilliantly done animes. He's actually done movies related to two of my other entries too. :nod

Buranko is definitely a great and weird watch, you'll enjoy it.
Spice and Wolf didn't make it on my list due to slight salt levels(because I gotta read the novels for more), but it is definitely a great and recommendable watch.
Yeah, I've been planning on reading it since it came out, I read most of the novels though.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,637
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Made my list in a great hurry so tragedies like that one happened :/
Yeah I hurried my ones too and missed some. My top 5 are accurate, the 6-10 ones though, would've needed some more thinking and remembering.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,637
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I found out that (for me anyway) it doesn't matter if you like a certain sports or not. I've covered most by now with anime or manga, and I care for none of them. And loved most of them. If it's boxing, basketball, horse racing, go, chess, golf or whatever. Sports manga are fucking great! :zomg

Ippo wasn't my first, but one of my very first ones, it got recommended to me and I was like "Boxing? Pfft, who cares about that?" and I was instantly hooked.
Before I finished the anime I was already reading the manga. And it took forever to get a new season (I was watching the anime when it came out). The later seasons up the art/animation quality a lot, but my favorite is definitely one of the movies, which is a fight between support characters. 10/10, would've included it here if we could've chosen movies.
I think for me it's important to like or know the sport to be interested in watching it. Gave some a try which some recommended but didn't like those too much.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,680
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Have you ever even finished Monster tho? :grumble
No, but I'm about to '-' picked it up again some weeks ago and made Hardy watch it. It's a pain in the ass to watch it on youtube tho, should have DL'd It... Been also wanting to get the manga to lend to people at work. Here and there I show them some anime songs (my coworker rly enjoyed Shiki no Uta *-*), next I plan on introducing them to some series, and Monster seemed like a good one to start.
 
Top