Fun Thread - Eurovision Song Contest: Top Ten Game Eurovision 2023 [Countdown: Grand-Final] | Page 20 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fun Thread Eurovision Song Contest: Top Ten Game Eurovision 2023 [Countdown: Grand-Final]

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Top Ten Game: Eurovision 2023

Interim Round 89: Top 10 Eurovision 2023

Hello Europe! And rest of the world! This year Top Ten Game Eurovision 2023 edition will be played here in the Eurovision thread to avoid double trouble confusion in the main game thread. Here are some rules, in case someone new to the game stumbles in here, but also some notes our veterans, as the points go bit different here than in the main game.

Rules:
  • Send your list of Top 10 Songs from Eurovision 2023 to @Riku in PM
  • The songs will be given points according to the ranking. 1st pick 12 pts, 2nd 10 pts, 3rd 8, 4th 7pts, ... , 10th 1 pts.
    • You can use nation names in the list. For example 1. Finland (12pts) 2. Sweden (10pts), and so on. But you can also include artist or song name. Just start with the nation, makes it faster for me <3
  • Unlike in actual Eurovision, you can vote for your own country. I'm not going have anyone sending me photocopies of their passports.
  • In the end, all the participants points are tallied, and will be revealed starting from lowest to highest rank.
  • Deadline monday 8.5.2023 3PM UTC
Official Full Playlist of 2023 Songs:

Too busy? You can also just check the 20-minute roundup on top of the playlist and proceed with your picks/chosen listens from there.

[

Last edited:

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
I didn't love the last part of Käärijä's song (the melodic second chorus part) but after reading the translated lyrics it makes a lot of sense and actually brings a bit more to the song (whereas before I thought it detracted from it). Always liked the verses and the "cha cha cha" choruses, super catchy and now that I know the lyrics, also very relatable. :XD Hope it scores well.
The fun part is, that lot of people seem also to hate the first part, but love the second. It's kinda something for everyone, but still not for everyone. I know it's definetly something some people will hate with their whole heart as well.

Also said this to Riku already, but this is the second year in a row I genuinely really like Sweden's entry, whereas I'm usually really critical of what we send. Loreen is just otherworldly in her performances, and while I didn't think the song was Euphoria-level on first listen, it's really grown on me! To the point where I could have it in regular rotation.
I actually re-listened Euphoria recently, right after Tattoo, and there is definetly a nostalgia factor there. It ain't as great as I remembered. Tattoo might even be better as a whole, Euphoria just has the chorus going for it, but the other parts are bit meh. I wonder if they'll need to come up with something different for Liverpool - I read somewhere that they might not be allowed to rig the panel system there for the whole week.

Besides those two I've only heard Norway's song as well and it's a cool entry from them but not really for me. It sounds a lot like a song that was in Melodifestivalen last year (Run to the Hills by Klara Hammarström) which in turn already sounded like Thunder by Lumix, and both of those songs have been played to death by my son and the radio here... and even though Alessandra has a cooler style to her song and the way she sings, it's still to similar for me to get into it.. :bored
I liked Norway more on first listen, but now that I've heard it a few times, the gimmick kinda wore off. There is a certain cute cringe aspect to it though that I still kinda like- the whole "I read fantasy novels and LARP on my freetime"-thing going on with the lyrics.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Heard there was also some corruption scandal around Poland's entry, and went to listen the televote winner song, and holy shit it's so much better than their actual song. Would have been Top 3 potential imho.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Heard there was also some corruption scandal around Poland's entry, and went to listen the televote winner song, and holy shit it's so much better than their actual song. Would have been Top 3 potential imho.
Just heard their entry and it's the most dime-a-dozen average pop song... this would have been soooo much better to send, wow.

Going through all this year's songs now, and though I haven't heard all of them yet I can safely say the whole playing field is so much weaker than last year... will try to make a first-listen ranking later if I have time to listen to them all.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Add 'Interim Round 89'
Will do. I'll also edit the rules a bit and add some playlist and compilation links when home :nod
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Top Ten Game Eurovision 2023 is played here this year! May the tagging begin!

@Juviii @Hermit @Brandish μ @Linali @Farfalla
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@GrySun @Marmalade @Totinona @SirSamuel016 @Evil3ye

@lakhan220 @Erinyes @Organizized @Copy Panda @Sky

@Demonspeed @Hardy @Valhalla @Jammin @Kiki

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Rather busy moving, so I don't think I'll be following Eurovision this year.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
*Has never heard of Eurovision before in his life.*

You called?:blink

Linali

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Don't even remind me. It still hurts, really...

On good note Jann is starting a great career here in Poland, he's on his first ever tour right now. He's true winner, because he won people's hearts :)

I'll send my list tomorrow.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
What is dis eurovision you're speaking of

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
What is dis eurovision you're speaking of
Biggest annual music event in the world I think. Listen and rank them songs!

(No pressure, I just tagged TTG regulars by default)

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
us dutchies are doing quite poorly this round ive heard

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
us dutchies are doing quite poorly this round ive heard
Lower mid tier I'd say. Kinda a basic pop duet. Both sing well, especially live, but there is really anything stand out good or interestin in the song.

Tatsumaki

Reaction score
Country
France
Oof, I've never followed the eurovision.
But I basically just need to pick my 10 favorite songs out of the 37 list (for this year) ?

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Oof, I've never followed the eurovision.
But I basically just need to pick my 10 favorite songs out of the 37 list (for this year) ?
Yup! There is a handy 20-minute round up too to start with, if it feels like listening all the songs fully is too much.

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
Lower mid tier I'd say. Kinda a basic pop duet. Both sing well, especially live, but there is really anything stand out good or interestin in the song.
news outlets here are taking turns bullying them 😭

MArGi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
France
Sorry, I'm not that much of a fan of Eurovision ^^"

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country