Well, it's part of this sport everyone doing that.. ( the higher the League than it's more used )
With new technology, you will see less diving but acting will stay with a someone sometimes acts like half of his face was ripped off while someone has just touched his face..
Also, Ronaldo wasn't diving in that situation
Who cares about Honour all that goes to History is the final score.
Sadly, I can't find a video of that scene. I was also quite tired during the match, and only remember that Nacho clearly hit him before he (Nacho) had any chance to clear ball. Whether Ronaldo went for a dive or not, it was a very bad play from Nacho nonetheless. You just don't defend like this against someone like Ronaldo within the box.
Sadly, I can't find a video of that scene. I was also quite tired during the match, and only remember that Nacho clearly hit him before he (Nacho) had any chance to clear ball. Whether Ronaldo went for a dive or not, it was a very bad play from Nacho nonetheless. You just don't defend like this against someone like Ronaldo within the box.
Wow, France had more problems than expected, it would be great to see the underdogs passing round for a change
And Argentina... Idk why people seem that surprised, we all knew they are one of the weakest teams (they entered the WC by a hair for something).
I would even say they were lucky this time around, Messi is not going to take charge in every match, they need to improve that defence or Croatia might wipe them.
As for Ronaldo's penalty... for me its penalty (mistake of Nacho for putting the leg where he shouldn't), others say it was too light for the referee to blow the whistle, which might be true...
But well, later in the second half Piqué made a complete "bear hug" to Ronaldo in the box, so I think its even either way.
Underestimated? Spain played their style and it wasn't good enough against them today. That's how I saw it anyway. CR7 capitalized off of a bad penalty and Dea Gea mom's-spaghetti'ing all over himself (third goal doesn't count, because that was pure wizardry).
Well, I think it was underestimating because Spain had the option to finish Portugal off (they were playing better overall) but they chose not to only to "keep" the ball when there was still half an hour for the match to end, they thought they could have kept Portugal's constant attacks for 30 minutes (and they almost got it) but it was a bad decision.
Besides when I saw that Piqué had his leg damaged in one of the clashes I could see him making a dangerous fault on Ronaldo, he was no longer fresh enough to keep CR in check so he should have gone out for another defence player instead of Lucas Vazquez.
But well, things are what they are, whats important is that it was a nice match.