Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 519 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heiji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Casting Hinomaru Sumo Anime :

Hinomaru Ushio : Atsushi Abe
Shinya Ozeki : Fukushi Ochiai
Yûma Gôjô : Kentaro Kumagai
Chihiro Kunisaki : Takuya Sato
Kei Mitsuhashi : Ayumu Murase
Kirihito Tsuji : Takuma Terashima

Gintama 2nd live movie cast :

Bansai Kawakami : Masataka Kubota
Kamotarô Itô : Haruma Miura

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Takuma terashima. Hold me. Thats my fave idol voice actor in utapri servamp and others. Guessing hes best boy.

Ayumu murase is great.

Chuck_Atlas

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Peru

That’s quite a good looking cast, Touma’s VA wasn’t my first choice for Ushio but I can see it working, the others do look like great fits for the characters, looking forward who they announce for Reina and Kusanagi

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I want to be optimistic. Maybe the chapter are short for the double page spreads...

Koi Kage

Reaction score
Country
United States
I want to be optimistic. Maybe the chapter are short for the double page spreads...
Black Clovers chapter this week is probably the case as its possible the climax to a fight MHA on the other hand is probably 70%/30% for it having alot of double page spreads depending on if last chapter was the end to the mini-arc were on or not.

OtterBrigade

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Isn't Hirokoshi also doing that MHA movie based manga? I'd imagine that would cause less time to work on the main series.

Scruffy8642

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I mean they're talking about out of a magazine. Any normal person would still count a spread as two pages normally...

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Isn't Hirokoshi also doing that MHA movie based manga? .
unless ive missed the news,nothings been specified about the length of the content he is doing for that, it could be as short as a regular chapter, or it could be longer.

I guess he and Tabata are unfortunately still struggling with time management skills.

OtterBrigade

Reaction score
Country
Canada
unless ive missed the news,nothings been specified about the length of the content he is doing for that, it could be as short as a regular chapter, or it could be longer.

I guess he and Tabata are unfortunately still struggling with time management skills.
doing a single extra 18 page chapter still takes time away from when he would be working on the series though. Unless it's only like the cover or he's getting rid of whatever free time he had the length is irrelevant.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
doing a single extra 18 page chapter still takes time away from when he would be working on the series though. Unless it's only like the cover or he's getting rid of whatever free time he had the length is irrelevant.
I think doing 120 pages of content would take more time than 18pages, though, the bigger issue is still his use of time, as a good pacing would enable him to do an extra page here or there in addition to his usual commitments or like other authors have had chapters done ahead of time, never forget Hiro Mashima 4 weeks of consecutive double chapters in a row, and when he did Main Fairy Tail in addition to Fairy Tail Zero

ChocoBar9

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think doing 120 pages of content would take more time than 18pages, though, the bigger issue is still his use of time, as a good pacing would enable him to do an extra page here or there in addition to his usual commitments or like other authors have had chapters done ahead of time, never forget Hiro Mashima 4 weeks of consecutive double chapters in a row, and when he did Main Fairy Tail in addition to Fairy Tail Zero
Those chapters were all done months in advance and had very little content in them. Magazine does this all the time for promotion and it winds up not being anything other than to fill a quota. To his credit Mashima does have better time management but that comes with being in the field longer. I think Horikoshi would benefit from everything but weekly releases because its clear he works better with time on his plate just based on the tank versions alone and its sad that he just can't compensate and had to sacrifice the main manga because of the crossover. Tabata never really had much trouble until recently so maybe this is just a one-off thing where he missed the deadline which happens often to even the best mangaka.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Last year Tabata was hospitalized for an asthma and wrote that this year during the Golden Week he got sick.

OtterBrigade

Reaction score
Country
Canada
and Boichi is able to draw 2 weekly series at once so since he can do it where's everyone else's second series?

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
and Boichi is able to draw 2 weekly series at once so since he can do it where's everyone else's second series?
How does the madman do it? Dealing with two weekly deadlines is crazy.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think it again proves its a time management thing and planning, unless Horikoshi was told like last week that he needs to do a movie tie in manga (which would be shocking that he hadnt known ahead of the reveal), there should be ways that he'd juggle doing a one off movie tie-in and his usual chapter, in addition he seems to have time to still do weekly sketches for his twitter account.

ChocoBar9

Reaction score
Country
United States
He's not writing Dr. Stone. Bare in mind most mangaka don't just draw they also have to write and plan their works

Caiops

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Just a few weeks until BnHa get another boost because of the movie.

1kk seller incoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.