Football 2018 FIFA World Cup

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Argentina made it through, with how much they struggled to get through this stage these guys aren't making it past the Round of 16 :lmao
But I am at least happy Messi finally scored something in the World Cup :nod
They play France, I think. Well, Argentina hasn't been impressive, but France hasn't wowed me much either. Plus their group was pretty damn soft.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
They play France, I think. Well, Argentina hasn't been impressive, but France hasn't wowed me much either. Plus their group was pretty damn soft.
True, watch France vs Argentina go goalless and then Messi scores in the 5th minute of a 4 minute extra time extension....
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
France vs Argentina
Much hypu
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Maradona is suck a dick lol :fail

It's funny how the ref ignored Mascherano being all bloody for like 20+ mins.
Fuk it:catshrug
 
  • Like
Reactions: kcd

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,736
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
I know it's irrational, but much of my dislike for Argentina comes from Maradona being such a dick and still national hero.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,127
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I know it's irrational, but much of my dislike for Argentina comes from Maradona being such a dick and still national hero.
I can relate '-' he represents everything that is wrong in this country/world.

He almost had an attack after the game btw, they had to drag him out of the stands.
 

kcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2017
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
1,297
Country
Earth Kindom
Argentina vs France would be a tough one to call.

They certainly have what it takes to beat France, but, with the silly mistakes they're making at the back, we can expect France to be more Brutal than the Nigerians.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,127
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Argentina vs France would be a tough one to call.

They certainly have what it takes to beat France, but, with the silly mistakes they're making at the back, we can expect France to be more Brutal than the Nigerians.
Imo our run ends against them, mostly wanted us to get out of groups as that would be shameful lol.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,690
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
I agree with what Gary said but tbh every time someone approaches the Argie defense I feel my heart in my mouth. Hardy said that's one of the best defenses they had but Jesus Christ... feels like a deserted beach... I imagine that France would have a lot of fun with that situation.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I can relate '-' he represents everything that is wrong in this country/world.

He almost had an attack after the game btw, they had to drag him out of the stands.
Attack as in heart attack? Or he got in a fight? :lmao
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,127
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I agree with what Gary said but tbh every time someone approaches the Argie defense I feel my heart in my mouth. Hardy said that's one of the best defenses they had but Jesus Christ... feels like a deserted beach... I imagine that France would have a lot of fun with that situation.
I said that? :SOON
 

kcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2017
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
1,297
Country
Earth Kindom
Imo our run ends against them, mostly wanted us to get out of groups as that would be shameful lol.
Lol, Indeed.

It would be far too shameful.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I mean, I only really saw the second half but Argentina has looked rather disconnected for most of this tournament. They looked better up front in the clutch but idk
 
  • Like
Reactions: kcd

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,127
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Attack as in heart attack? Or he got in a fight? :lmao
Heart attack or something like that. At the very least he was fainting.
 
  • Like
Reactions: kcd

kcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2017
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
1,297
Country
Earth Kindom
I mean, I only really saw the second half but Argentina has looked rather disconnected for most of this tournament. They looked better up front in the clutch but idk
They were impressive in the first half, and probably burned a lot of stamina.
In the second half, they were disjointed most of the time.

Messi's team talk at the start of the second half was particularly interesting to see.
Wish someone can post what he said to the team.
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
Argentina's defence was definitely better this match, they were more focused everytime they lost the ball... they lost that energy in the second half but still fought for the ball, they had "garra" like we say here.

Now defending against Nigeria is not the same as defending against France, a team pretty similar to Croatia by the way they play, and the frenchies haven't shown all they can do yet.
 

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,075
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
Argentina's defence was definitely better this match, they were more focused everytime they lost the ball... they lost that energy in the second half but still fought for the ball, they had "garra" like we say here.

Now defending against Nigeria is not the same as defending against France, a team pretty similar to Croatia by the way they play, and the frenchies haven't shown all they can do yet.
To me the problem with Argentina has always been that relies to Messi way too much. Even people want Argentina to win because of him, the team had good players like Di Maria who now lost a lot of quality lmao.

France is in another level, we played a better game today but also let the nerves domine us for a long moment. If Argentina makes a good game against France gotta change my mind, but I think this victory won't last much :noworry
 

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
7,040
Gender
Male
Country
Gotei 13
They play France, I think. Well, Argentina hasn't been impressive, but France hasn't wowed me much either. Plus their group was pretty damn soft.
Yup, France seems to be the favorites but I expect a really tough match. :nod
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
50-50 match in my opinion.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Come on Germany you have to win.
 
  • Like
Reactions: kcd
Top