Football - 2018 FIFA World Cup | Page 96 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Football 2018 FIFA World Cup

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Poor Croatia @.@ Ok France did well on the second half, but Croatia had its fighting spirit during the whole competition. Those first half mistakes were quite costy ._. such a shame. On the other hand, even though Croatia fought a lot with extra times and the likes, France sent many strong competitors home, so I guess either of them would had a lot of merit to win this WC.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
We finally did it !:oooh
Congratulations, it's been *checks wiki* twenty years since your last World Cup win.

Next time, England, Next time.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
It was a well deserved victory for France. I was worried that the champions of this World Cup was going to be a mediocre team after all the unexpected results. But France played well and made their matches very exciting.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
That was a really enjoyable tournament, congrats France :) Though yeah. Croatia seems to deserve the win more based on match stats :XD 61% possession is more than half, but I guess match statistics aren't everything.
See ya folks in 2022 :blai

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
But at least in the first half, even tho France had less than 40% possession, they still ran more kms than Croatia. Those stats would put France as much more efficient.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I wanted to ask Gary to add a "best WC 2018 player" poll in this thread, but Oliver Giroud <3.

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I wanted to ask Gary to add a "best WC 2018 player" poll in this thread, but Oliver Giroud <3.
I need an image..

With France picking the trophy in 1 image with Giroud and in second without him..

I would not see a difference

That being said I still see positives in Giroud play and what he was giving for a team but that doesn't change the fact that striker is mainly judged by the goals he scores... So yeah he's shite :lambirb
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And also I still think that female members should get + 100 additional points in the leaderboards because we know much less about football and was at a clear disadvantage here <<< @xi0 :lambirb

Last edited:

gnut

Reaction score
Country
United States
I need an image..

With France picking the trophy in 1 image with Giroud and in second without him..

I would not see a difference

That being said I still see positives in Giroud play and what he was giving for a team but that doesn't change the fact that striker is mainly judged by the goals he scores... So yeah he's shite :lambirb
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And also I still think that female members should get + 200 additional points in the leaderboards because we know much less about football and was at a clear disadvantage here <<< @xi0 :lambirb
Maybe he woulda scored more if he wasnt trying so hard to be a doppelganger xD

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
And also I still think that female members should get + 200 additional points in the leaderboards because we know much less about football and was at a clear disadvantage here <<< @xi0 :lambirb
Still makes me the winner though...

@syx Griezmann though :hip
A freaking beast indeed!

As a Barca-fanboy, it's so sad that he didn't transfer to Camp Nou. :darn

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
As a Barca-fanboy, it's so sad that he didn't transfer to Camp Nou. :darn
But you also have good news that Ronaldo left Real...

Wonder where Hazard will go :grumble

Reactions: syx

gnut

Reaction score
Country
United States

Yeah i like that lil dude...hes nice

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

Yeah, it will be very interesting to see Ronaldo at Juventus. It feels weird though. xD

Rumors say that Courtois and Hazard will join RM. I wouldn't be surprised if Perez pulls this off. Both of them will either join the same team or stay at Stamford Bridge imo.

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Yeah, it will be very interesting to see Ronaldo at Juventus. It feels weird though. xD

Rumors say that Courtois and Hazard will join RM. I wouldn't be surprised if Perez pulls this off. Both of them will either join the same team or stay at Stamford Bridge imo.
From what I have heard Hazard doesn't want to stay in Chelsea anymore anyway Hazard and Courtois in one package is a big deal..

Yeah, I couldn't at first believe when I heard it and I finally believe it when I saw the info with my own eyes..

Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
From what I have heard Hazard doesn't want to stay in Chelsea anymore anyway Hazard and Courtois in one package is a big deal..

Yeah, I couldn't at first believe when I heard it and only buy it when I saw the info with my own eyes..
I think you won't get Courtois or Hazard alone. :lmao Didn't they extend their contract at Chelsea together? Like if one of them hadn't gotten the wage increase, the other one wouldn't sign the contract extension? They are very close friends as far as I can tell. After the match against England, Courtois told the media that he will call his agent tomorrow to see how things are going. Hazard also implied that he wants to try something new. Doesn't sound as if they are planning to stay at Chelsea. Maybe someone else who actually follows Chelsea can tell more.