Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Yeah it definitely hit it's peak with 40+ episodes. I was right it never even reached WT's popularity.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Can you guys see the manga getting the axe within the next 2 years or so if the anime ends and doesn’t come back(once it ends I doubt it’ll come back though. Doesn’t seem like it has much, of any hype)
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,554
Reaction score
11,295
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I feel like in a way Black Clover reached the peak of its success, I just dont see how else they can make it more popular.
Second season. New videogame.....


Yeah it definitely hit it's peak with 40+ episodes. I was right it never even reached WT's popularity.
Honestly, I think much more famous than WT .... but oh well, any excuse is good to belittle it, right?

Besides, I really want to see where these certainties come from, no, really ......
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Can you guys see the manga getting the axe within the next 2 years or so if the anime ends and doesn’t come back(once it ends I doubt it’ll come back though. Doesn’t seem like it has much, of any hype)
Nope. When all is said and done it still sells but will not be "the next Naruto" like Nakano wants. I'll say we wait and see since the anime isn't doing bad enough to get axed but if they were only using 51 episodes as a template then there's no real reason to come back if they end it right there.
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I hope we get a 2nd season of Black Clover, i want to see the tournament animated, Zora is a cool character.

And the OPs are so goooooooooooood.

Oricon Ranking for 7/16-7/22:

64490 *507246 Heroaca
58578 *533254 Haikyuu
35038 **35038 Houshin Engi Gaiden
30023 *275442 Soma
24060 1967545 OP
20144 *156019 Harem
16513 *166778 Slam Dunk Refurbished 7
16483 *163968 Slam Dunk Refurbished 8
16450 *162639 Slam Dunk Refurbished 9
16256 *159803 Slam Dunk Refurbished 10
-
12254 *274081 Slam Dunk Refurbished 1
11241 *250283 Slam Dunk Refurbished 2
11210 *230463 Slam Dunk Refurbished 3
11091 *408386 Neverlad
10745 *219418 Slam Dunk Refurbished 4
10505 *215339 Slam Dunk Refurbished 5
10168 *211910 Slam Dunk Refurbished 6
10101 **86994 Stone
10096 **88817 Yuragi
10047 **98716 Bokuben
*8998 *663334 Heroaca 18

Slam Dunk has some really long legs in the top 100. Its almost in the way for other series to rank in. Jujutsu might have made the top 100 had Slam Dunk not been here but we'll never know.
Even with all the push, Dr.Stone still isn't in the 100k club, huh.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,554
Reaction score
11,295
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Even with all the push, Dr.Stone still isn't in the 100k club, huh.
Eh, unfortunately, the presence of Slam Dunk reprint has somewhat ruined the plans.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Eh, unfortunately, the presence of Slam Dunk reprint has somewhat ruined the plans.
I don't think its right to say Slam Dunk has any thing with Stone reaching 100k. Whether Slam Dunk was there or not, people would still be buying it in the same numbers. All Slam Dunk is doing is taking up some more spots and thus slightly pushing up the thresholds. The selling power of series doesn't change because of this. Stone just cannot catch on enough for people to go and buy the tankoubons, or at least enough to reach 100k on Oricon. Digital might be a reason but it doesn't do so well there that it'll have a huge effect.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What's the sales for Jujutsu kaisen?
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
Around <9k?

I'm basing this on the shoseki estimate

edit: for just this week obviously
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock

Quite an interesting paraphrased quote from Inoue. He says that "when a manga doesn't sell, the editoral will end it at their discretion but once it does sell, it should be up to the creator as to when to end it". Down in the thread, the source of this quote, an interview with Itou Hiromi in "Manga ga hajimaru" is listed with the actual quote. He says that when he went to tell his editor about this, regardless of the resistance against ending it, he started with the negative and told them "This is how it should end".
 

Mori takai

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2015
Messages
188
Reaction score
53
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I never read Black Clover but if it really is that popular of a series ? I how come I don't see it being pushed that hard in the 50th anniversary ? I mean it doesn't even have its own Room at the Exhibit hack while I was there that manga series about the psychic kid ( pink hair I forgot the name I'm sorry) had his own room next to Kochikame that's pretty impressive and that's not adding the fact that it doesn't have its own fan day merch If there really is a push for BC I'm not seeing it in the actual events.

Edit I don't think the series that new since it came out a Year after MHA which is getting a lot of push and has its own room as well as a Fan day next month and there was a Lot and I mean a lot of merch for it at the exhibit.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I never read Black Clover but if it really is that popular of a series ? I how come I don't see it being pushed that hard in the 50th anniversary ? I mean it doesn't even have its own Room at the Exhibit hack while I was there that manga series about the psychic kid ( pink hair I forgot the name I'm sorry) had his own room next to Kochikame that's pretty impressive and that's not adding the fact that it doesn't have its own fan day merch If there really is a push for BC I'm not seeing it in the actual events.
Saiki Kusuo is ~2.5 years BLack Clovers senior...

Did any series from 2015 and newer have much presence there?
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,554
Reaction score
11,295
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
never read Black Clover but if it really is that popular of a series ? I how come I don't see it being pushed that hard in the 50th anniversary ? I mean it doesn't even have its own Room at the Exhibit hack while I was there that manga series about the psychic kid ( pink hair I forgot the name I'm sorry) had his own room next to Kochikame that's pretty impressive and that's not adding the fact that it doesn't have its own fan day merch If there really is a push for BC I'm not seeing it in the actual events.
To be a popular is popular, not as My Hero of course, but let's say it falls into the niche of the series that sell "just enough"

The fact that he did not have a room does not mean anything, Neverland had it if that was why the show stopped at My Hero.

For the 50's Jump received the main cover along with the magazine's best-selling series (One Piece, Haykyu and My Hero Academy).
 

Mori takai

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2015
Messages
188
Reaction score
53
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Saiki Kusuo is ~2.5 years BLack Clovers senior...

Did any series from 2015 and newer have much presence there?
they were pretty much put in one room called "Jump Heroes" or something along those lines.


@Ice King I love Neverland and that one didn't have its own room ether which is understandable, anime for that isn't even out yet so who knows how popular it can get.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,554
Reaction score
11,295
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
they were pretty much put in one room called "Jump Heroes" or something along those lines.


@Ice King I love Neverland and that one didn't have its own room ether which is understandable, anime for that isn't even out yet so who knows how popular it can get.
You do not need to have the anime. Logically they put the most popular series, and My Hero is the revelation of the last years ....
 

Mori takai

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2015
Messages
188
Reaction score
53
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
You do not need to have the anime. Logically they put the most popular series, and My Hero is the revelation of the last years ....
I 100% agree that the stuff that are getting presence is popular Titles from the past and current present.
 

OfficialHxH

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2017
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
1,909
Country
United States
The Promised Neverland spin off manga:

Special chapter:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top