Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Because the comment literally says, "I'm positive it will end this year"?

And Yonkou literally just quoting that part. Nothing with interpretation. It's not like Sorachi is being completely vague and Yonkou is misinterpreting that as a confirmation.
author comment at the end of that says, 3 vol, 5 vols, 10vols more until the end, so unless Im misunderstanding something, no where does that say "it will end this year"...
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
Pretty sure Sorachi meant the 10 volumes thing as a joke
 
Last edited:

Serinox

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
4,784
Country
Dragonstone
Either way, "It will end this year" is quite literally just a quote : shrug :
It's not like he is hiding the rest of it either.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Where is the Kimetsu visual?

I looked into the band that's doing the HZ OP & they're pretty good. However I dont see how its gonna fit with the type of manga HZ is...
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
Where is the Kimetsu visual?

I looked into the band that's doing the HZ OP & they're pretty good. However I dont see how its gonna fit with the type of manga HZ is...
The band doing the OP sound more appropiate for ED material :-_- Really hope Gonzo is invested on HZ
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
The band doing the OP sound more appropiate for ED material :-_- Really hope Gonzo is invested on HZ
Yeah...it doesnt look like it when they can't even provide us with an animated PV. Even Yuragi's first PV had more animation than HZ's lmaooo
 

Tarot

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2017
Messages
420
Reaction score
535
Country
Italy
Black Clover total print : 6 500 000
I know BC prints 300k copies per volume but where did the other 400k come from? The total print was 5.8 million when the previous volume was released and I don't recall any reprints since then.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I know BC prints 300k copies per volume but where did the other 400k come from? The total print was 5.8 million when the previous volume was released and I don't recall any reprints since then.
Further confirmation that the anime has inspired people too pick up catalog volumes. Its time for another entire series reprint!
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
Yeah...it doesnt look like it when they can't even provide us with an animated PV. Even Yuragi's first PV had more animation than HZ's lmaooo
it's quite far back now but I posted the first animated PV for Gonzo's last few solo shows (Kakuriyo, 18if and Akiba Trip) all came 2 months before they started airing so some point this month would be on track with Gonzo's usual schedule (although from what I've seen of Kakuriyo's currently going 2nd cour on Twitter I can't say I'm expecting much in the way of good animation or faces existing)
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,563
Reaction score
11,299
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Further confirmation that the anime has inspired people too pick up catalog volumes. Its time for another entire series reprint!
Source ?
 

CallMeTsuyu

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 1, 2015
Messages
159
Reaction score
203
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Man, seems I'm probably one of the only people who likes the direction the anime took with Sister Krone's design. I personally hated the way she was drawn in the manga. Hopefully Cloverworks can still give her a similar intimidation factor without making her look almost like black caricature from the 1940s :-_-
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
The terrifying ugly look she had in the manga was part of her charm as an antagonist, so I hope they don't completely do away with that in the anime.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Cloverwork is gonna blow TPN's chance at being a million copy seller. I hope Im wrong
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Man, seems I'm probably one of the only people who likes the direction the anime took with Sister Krone's design. I personally hated the way she was drawn in the manga. Hopefully Cloverworks can still give her a similar intimidation factor without making her look almost like black caricature from the 1940s :-_-
The way she is drawn in the manga makes her seem very intimidating and very strong. The anime design makes her look like a regular teenager and I don't like that. She is an adult in her late 20s.

The terrifying ugly look she had in the manga was part of her charm as an antagonist, so I hope they don't completely do away with that in the anime.
If they take that part away from her completely, they will ruin her as a character.

Cloverwork is gonna blow TPN's chance at being a million copy seller. I hope Im wrong
Becoming a million seller would have been hard enough with a great anime studio. But with Cloverworks and this staff the chances of significant growth seem to be way smaller, at least that's what I think. I would love it if the anime gave the manga a huge boost, but I don't know if the anime will be able to generate enough hype. It was much easier to get large boosts in the past with the Nichigo timeslot, but that isn't an option any longer unfortunately. I don't know how effective noitaminA will be.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,563
Reaction score
11,299
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
What are now the total sales of My Hero ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top