The Last Person to Post Wins - Pixie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
Such an interesting fungus that was, I wonder if its edible :lambirb
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,759
Reaction score
26,070
Gender
Male
Country
United States
@liductan - inb4thatdelete
I'll claim this ass my territory. :nod

:hi

What's going on peeps.
 

Elusia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2017
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
11,568
Country
Philippines
Piru is a creature in Finland, Bia :lmao

Poltergeist looks tempting but I'll go with Pixie :awe
Yay for pixies :zomg

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And heyo Charlie :hi
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,759
Reaction score
26,070
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Good morning Elu, how you do?
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
What‘s the lhe mean and how is it so misused.
It's a pronoun that means "to you" in that context. It means to you there cause some verbs in portuguese are called of "indirect transition" (to the complement) and in those cases you gotta use "lhe". But the direct transition ones use a "te" instead of a "lhe", and people just use whichever of those 2, not following any rule. "Te" would only mean "you" instead. Ex.: "te enviei ao Japão" (I sent you to Japan); "lhe enviei o livro" (I sent you the book/I sent the book to you). Dunno if I explained properly @.@
Such an interesting fungus that was, I wonder if its edible :lambirb
Dip it in a bit of chocolate :hurr
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Now I'm off to my last day of suffering at work before some vac days T.T
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,759
Reaction score
26,070
Gender
Male
Country
United States
  • Has a rare long break, gonna catch a few zzZz's .
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I'm fine. Looking forward to the weekends as always :zomg
oh naisu, any plans?

I'm going to catch up on some zzzz's. :bedtime
:wtf
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,637
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
It's a pronoun that means "to you" in that context. It means to you there cause some verbs in portuguese are called of "indirect transition" (to the complement) and in those cases you gotta use "lhe". But the direct transition ones use a "te" instead of a "lhe", and people just use whichever of those 2, not following any rule. "Te" would only mean "you" instead. Ex.: "te enviei ao Japão" (I sent you to Japan); "lhe enviei o livro" (I sent you the book/I sent the book to you). Dunno if I explained properly @.@
I just checked via google translate, and it’s translated the same whether it‘s lhe or te :hmm I do understand your explanation, doesn‘t seem too complicated. Here it‘s because of giving a table „to you“ correct? Though there‘s probably more grammatical rules to it than just that.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
German has some pretty retarded cases too, where people misuse „wie“ when it should be „als“, which is rather infuriating to hear...

Xad you know what I mean?
 
Last edited:

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Weirdos :nah
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
German has some pretty retarded cases too, where people misuse „wie“ when it should be „als“, which is rather infuriating to hear...

Xad you know what I mean?
Yeah, I do that a lot too.

German and Dutch aren't that different in the end. But some words that mean the same thing need to be used differently, which is really annoying.
I do that in Dutch too, we have plenty of those words, the fact that I talk Dutch/German/English and some dialects daily doesn't really help either.
 

Elusia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2017
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
11,568
Country
Philippines
oh naisu, any plans?

I'm going to catch up on some zzzz's. :bedtime
:wtf
Just gonna do my hw and thesis, and going over some mafia sites and this forum as well.

There's one I signed up where the setup is very different, but sounds great for newbies.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,637
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Weirdos :nah
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Yeah, I do that a lot too.

German and Dutch aren't that different in the end. But some words that mean the same thing need to be used differently, which is really annoying.
I do that in Dutch too, we have plenty of those words, the fact that I talk Dutch/German/English and some dialects daily doesn't really help either.
You mean you‘d say „besser wie..“?!

Wtf :gtfo
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
You mean you‘d say „besser wie..“?!

Wtf :gtfo
Well, I can't imagine me saying that. If I have to type I rarely make that mistake. But in actual conversations the translation just goes wrong in my head.
The fact that I'm learning Spanish and Swedish right now is definitely not helping in any way or form.
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
It's a pronoun that means "to you" in that context. It means to you there cause some verbs in portuguese are called of "indirect transition" (to the complement) and in those cases you gotta use "lhe". But the direct transition ones use a "te" instead of a "lhe", and people just use whichever of those 2, not following any rule. "Te" would only mean "you" instead. Ex.: "te enviei ao Japão" (I sent you to Japan); "lhe enviei o livro" (I sent you the book/I sent the book to you). Dunno if I explained properly @.@

Dip it in a bit of chocolate :hurr
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Now I'm off to my last day of suffering at work before some vac days T.T
Looks like spanish with the pronoun use depending on context. I take "Ihe" would be like "Yo" as agent of an action while "Te" directly implies it, like a form of reduction.
Still its difficult to explain grammar like that.

Just gonna do my hw and thesis, and going over some mafia sites and this forum as well.

There's one I signed up where the setup is very different, but sounds great for newbies.
Hope you are doing good Elu. :hug
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,950
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Ah I thought it was gonna be Pocong :lmao

@Copy Panda btw what does TS stand for?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top