Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
Despite the fact that he essentially became a meme right after his second serialized got canned I always have a soft spot for Yasuhiro Kanō, any mangaka that can take the piss out of himself is okay in my book. And while Bobobo lost A LOT of steam towards the end and the sequel couldn't recapture the same magic I still consider Yoshio Sawai pretty underrated and hey he does hold the record for fastest cancellation in Jump so you can't take that from him.
Hoping Kano (or even Kenta) will return to SJ proper now that Kiss x Death is over, not exactly next round or anything, but soonish

_____


I sure hope a certain series massive debut(larger than what most JUMP series are currently doing) with seemingly(waiting exact numbers) a 2:1 , digital to physical ratio from a different magazine won't be use as an argument here.
 
Last edited:

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,558
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
We're talking about sales..
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Orange Road is good but I only read 6 volumes so far, To Love Ru is a masterpiece, Yuuna was staled but the current arc is pretty HYPE, I like Nisekoi enough to get 24 volumes.

WNL is passable, Video Girl I's is decent enough.

Ichigo 100% is bad, the rest i haven't read.
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
I would like Kano returning with a nekketsu to the magazine. Harisugawa in Mirror World was decent(I prefer it to nisekoi when both were running almost in the same time) but his streng is in action.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,558
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Speaking of sales, some constructive answer would be welcome the place of the "Lol bait" ....
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yoichi Amano, I liked Akaboshi alot.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,558
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Too soon and not enough data to say the BLack Clover rise has halted. The full year rankings for the volume will show Volume over Volume growth.
Honestly it seems normal considering the month and the problems due to the flow .....

And anyway compared to Kimetsu, I think it increased ....
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,717
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Why so much hate for Ichigo 100%? :(
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Digital Sales...Black Clover...Increase...Decline...
These fucking key words every damn time

MUST. RESIST. TEMPTATION. GOD DAMMIT.
That's it, I'm going on an internet-less world tour just to not take this bait.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,300
Reaction score
7,336
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I think Kiss x Death just ended recently so Kanou returning is possible.

Though I think he's almost 50 now so it might be a bit late to return to a harsh weekly schedule.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,558
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Why so much hate for Ichigo 100%? :(
It just sucks. As far as romcom premises goes its second to Nisekoi as being the most stupid. The MC and most of the girls are mostly forgettable and I've never been the biggest fan of Kawashita's artwork. I'm surprised that people even remember it enough to recall how bad it was.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,558
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
With the anime, how it will increase Kimetsu ?
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
im curious about its appeal to a mainstream audience. Its a very niche series, but with ufotable making gorgeous animation it might see a sizable increase.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think its doubtful, Yuuna/Yuuragi has had no benefit from the anime.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,558
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Yuragi is not a battle shonen
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I wonder why Black Clover is so hated in Internet. Asta is a very likeable MC.
I don't know.

Okay. I understand the taste, but sometimes is very exagerated.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
BC drop, did something happen in the manga?
Ehm nothing...

Also what drop ?
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
With the anime, how it will increase Kimetsu ?
Its up in the air really. It has a very niche appeal and Aniplex will be smart enough to capitalize on that rather than making it kid-friendly ala Toriko. This is a first for ufotable though so they have to leave a good first impression.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
it'll become popular in the west and get compared to Bleach at least lol
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,558
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
More Inuyasha to me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top