Discussion - Escanor | Page 18 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Escanor

T25

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
So, what are you trying to say? Are you saying that is possible for Mel to gain more darkness and be considerably stronger in this mode than he already is? I mean, it's not an assumption to say that this mode is Mel at his strongest if you discount a hypothetical Indura or the absorption of the commandments.

It could be but so far the only way you can go Indura is by sacrificing 6 of your 7 hearts and a PL over 50K to endure the transformation.
Mel merely produced darkness in such away and amount as to title it “Assault mode.” Who is to know wether he can’t simply put more? That is what makes it an assumption.

That’s about all info we have about indura.

Ger

Reaction score
Country
Canada
As you can see meliodas own darkness here is much larger and more in depth of volume than the one that was used on escanor. Usually if darkness is larger than the other demon dictates the power.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Mel merely produced darkness in such away and amount as to title it “Assault mode.” Who is to know wether he can’t simply put more? That is what makes it an assumption.
I think he can only gain more darkness in two ways: Indura or the Absorption of the Commandments. I don't think Mel can gain more darkness and be stronger outside of these two methods, unless his innate magic is something related to that.

T25

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think he can only gain more darkness in two ways: Indura or the Absorption of the Commandments. I don't think Mel can gain more darkness and be stronger outside of these two methods, unless his innate magic is something related to that.
I think it is a possibility he could without those two and I don’t care to bring up the 10 Cs because they are not his to begin with but I supppose that’s that huh?

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I think it is a possibility he could without those two and I don’t care to bring up the 10 Cs because they are not his to begin with but I supppose that’s that huh?
Let's agree to disagree here. We're going off-topic also, this thread is for Escanor and not Mel and his darkness.

T25

Reaction score
Country
United States

Ger

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Are we forgetting like meliodas own darkness back when he fought mael was much larger in volume than when h used it against escanor?

Tristan

Reaction score
Country
Germany
It was confirmed that he can reach the DK's level with training. Theoretically, he potentially has the full capacity of strengthening his power of Darkness into higher levels .
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Are we forgetting like meliodas own darkness back when he fought mael was much larger in volume than when h used it against escanor?
And he wasn't even in Assault Mode!

Zeldris-sama

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
So, what are you trying to say? Are you saying that is possible for Mel to gain more darkness and be considerably stronger in this mode than he already is? I mean, it's not an assumption to say that this mode is Mel at his strongest if you discount a hypothetical Indura or the absorption of the commandments.

It could be but so far the only way you can go Indura is by sacrificing 6 of your 7 hearts and a PL over 50K to endure the transformation.
Onii-chan, I think Divine 1000 slices are not Meliodas's strongest technique ... but it's probably one of the strongest techniques he has.

Try to compare the Strength that comes when Meliodas sees the death of LIZ, or the other Elizabeth ... That power is far more terrifying, even to the point of destroying the whole City and the very deep Hole.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
It was confirmed that he can reach the DK's level with training. Theoretically, he potentially has the full capacity of strengthening his power of Darkness into higher levels .
Oh yeah, that's right. I forgot about this, he can potentially increase his level of darkness if he trains. However, I think the point T25 was making is that he could gain more darkness and be considerably stronger in AM before doing that training. At least, that's how I interpreted it. If a hypothetical training Mel can reach the DK level, he for goddamm sure beats The One.

Onii-chan, I think Divine 1000 slices are not Meliodas's strongest technique ... but it's probably one of the strongest techniques he has.

Try to compare the Strength that comes when Meliodas sees the death of LIZ, or the other Elizabeth ... That power is far more terrifying, even to the point of destroying the whole City and the very deep Hole.
Please, stop calling me Onii-chan, it's weird :XD

As I said previously, I didn't state that Mel's 1000 divine slices was the the strongest attack he got, rather, I said that it was one of the strongest he has shown.

You have a point, that attack Mel did with Liz's death was the most impressive one he has made thus far. However, being the most impressive doesn't make it the most powerful since it failed to kill a 32K Fraudrin.

titantron91

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Okay so when did it become Escanor's job to become God-King Meliodas' measuring stick?

Noelle Silva

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Okay so when did it become Escanor's job to become God-King Meliodas' measuring stick?
It feels so good to have king comparable to mel and escanor!
Edit: or rather surpassing them XD

titantron91

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
It feels so good to have king comparable to mel and escanor!
Edit: or rather surpassing them XD
While I was one of the people who had problems with how King got his power-up, I really don't mind King reaching PL at the level of them heavy hitters.

It makes the tiering a lot more boring. Even as an Escanor and Mael fan, it feels kind of stale to have my faves be compared PL-wise to only a very few characters, one of which is the actual main character.

This also makes me want to know Zeldris and Ryudoshiel's peak PLs now.

Zeldris-sama

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Oh yeah, that's right. I forgot about this, he can potentially increase his level of darkness if he trains. However, I think the point T25 was making is that he could gain more darkness and be considerably stronger in AM before doing that training. At least, that's how I interpreted it. If a hypothetical training Mel can reach the DK level, he for goddamm sure beats The One.

Please, stop calling me Onii-chan, it's weird :XD

As I said previously, I didn't state that Mel's 1000 divine slices was the the strongest attack he got, rather, I said that it was one of the strongest he has shown.

You have a point, that attack Mel did with Liz's death was the most impressive one he has made thus far. However, being the most impressive doesn't make it the most powerful since it failed to kill a 32K Fraudrin.
Okay okay Onee-chan (this is the last one :XD:XD)
For some reason, when Fraudin did not die, maybe Fraudin tried to escape or Meliodas still felt sorry for Faudin. I am sure that if Meliodas seriously wants to kill him at that time Fraudin can die (Given that Fraudin died easily when Anime Ending S2)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
While I was one of the people who had problems with how King got his power-up, I really don't mind King reaching PL at the level of them heavy hitters.

It makes the tiering a lot more boring. Even as an Escanor and Mael fan, it feels kind of stale to have my faves be compared PL-wise to only a very few characters, one of which is the actual main character.

This also makes me want to know Zeldris and Ryudoshiel's peak PLs now.
Zeldris will surpass Escanor or Ludoshel, taking his full strength...

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Okay okay Onee-chan (this is the last one :XD:XD)
For some reason, when Fraudin did not die, maybe Fraudin tried to escape or Meliodas still felt sorry for Faudin. I am sure that if Meliodas seriously wants to kill him at that time Fraudin can die (Given that Fraudin died easily when Anime Ending S2)
I hope so :XD. Anyways, I have no doubts that Unsealed Mel could kill Fraudrin in a fight but the point here is that the most impressive attack Mel has shown didn't kill him, it was pretty near, but it didn't kill him in the end. Also, Fraudrin died from a punch of Post-Purgatory Mel, a version far stronger than the Unsealed Mel we're talking about. My point here is that just because that's the most impressive attack Mel has shown doesn't mean it's the most powerful, since like I said, it failed to kill a 31K Fraudrin.

Zeldris-sama

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I hope so :XD. Anyways, I have no doubts that Unsealed Mel could kill Fraudrin in a fight but the point here is that the most impressive attack Mel has shown didn't kill him, it was pretty near, but it didn't kill him in the end. Also, Fraudrin died from a punch of Post-Purgatory Mel, a version far stronger than the Unsealed Mel we're talking about. My point here is that just because that's the most impressive attack Mel has shown doesn't mean it's the most powerful, since like I said, it failed to kill a 31K Fraudrin.
Alright, Unsealed is not the strongest. But Divine 1000 slices are also not the strongest :spaz

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
@Crimson Ice this is the thread for it.

First and foremost regular Escanor is boring. Dayscanor is the interesting part and Sunshine being Mael’s grace diminished the intrigue. And speaking of Sunshine, it’s repetitive. The man is basically walking plot convenience. You know he’s going to win because somehow every fight he’s ever had happens at exactly the right time based on his opponent. The morning (50,000)was just above Galand’s Critical Over PL(40,000) and every subsequent fight will take place right around noon. Except the one fight where he somehow transforms at nighttime because Merlin is the sun. And now I can jump to Merlin because that’s why I called him weird in the first place. His love for Merlin is based on the fact that he was saved by a woman who looked like her. And even if I’m willing to let that slide given that he’s taken the time to get to know Merlin (And I’m not) it doesn’t change that I think his love for Merlin stems from something completely unrelated to her. I’m almost positive that it didn’t have to be Merlin. Had anyone else shown up and looked like Rosa I’m willing to bet it would be the same result. He basically fell in love with her at first sight so her personality wasn’t quite a factor. And let’s not forget that he’s jealous of what’s essentially Merlin’s kid. This 40 year old man has forced himself into some sort of awkward love triangle with a child.

I don’t see it with Escanor. The manga has actually done very little to develop him past obsessing over Merlin and being around at about 11.Thats pretty much his entire character. They show that he cares for his friends but the amount of time we see that pales in comparison to all the Merlin and being a breathing Deus Ex Machina. I can see the Argument for Ban or Meliodas but Escanor’s not all that great. And I like Escanor it’s just the truth.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India

First and foremost regular Escanor is boring. Dayscanor is the interesting part and Sunshine being Mael’s grace diminished the intrigue. And speaking of Sunshine, it’s repetitive. The man is basically walking plot convenience. You know he’s going to win because somehow every fight he’s ever had happens at exactly the right time based on his opponent. The morning (50,000)was just above Galand’s Critical Over PL(40,000) and every subsequent fight will take place right around noon. Except the one fight where he somehow transforms at nighttime because Merlin is the sun. And now I can jump to Merlin because that’s why I called him weird in the first place. His love for Merlin is based on the fact that he was saved by a woman who looked like her. And even if I’m willing to let that slide given that he’s taken the time to get to know Merlin (And I’m not) it doesn’t change that I think his love for Merlin stems from something completely unrelated to her. I’m almost positive that it didn’t have to be Merlin. Had anyone else shown up and looked like Rosa I’m willing to bet it would be the same result. He basically fell in love with her at first sight so her personality wasn’t quite a factor. And let’s not forget that he’s jealous of what’s essentially Merlin’s kid. This 40 year old man has forced himself into some sort of awkward love triangle with a child.

I don’t see it with Escanor. The manga has actually done very little to develop him past obsessing over Merlin and being around at about 11.Thats pretty much his entire character. They show that he cares for his friends but the amount of time we see that pales in comparison to all the Merlin and being a breathing Deus Ex Machina. I can see the Argument for Ban or Meliodas but Escanor’s not all that great. And I like Escanor it’s just the truth.
Escanor is just a plot device created just to defeat strong opponents.Kind of like Gildarts in FT.

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Escanor didnt fall in love with Merlin because she looks like Rosa, the manga has yet to even acknowledge their similarity. At best Merlin's resemblance to Rosa ignited his crush on her. Escanor came to love Merlin because she was the first woman not to see him as a monster, the only woman to take an actual interest in him and to want to spend time with him. The whole "she's my sun" thing is because of all that, not because she looks like Rosa.

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
Escanor didnt fall in love with Merlin because she looks like Rosa, the manga has yet to even acknowledge their similarity. At best Merlin's resemblance to Rosa ignited his crush on her. Escanor came to love Merlin because she was the first woman not to see him as a monster, the only woman to take an actual interest in him and to want to spend time with him. The whole "she's my sun" thing is because of all that, not because she looks like Rosa.
I see what you’re saying but the Rosa/Merlin thing is still weird to me. I think I pointed out that he actually got to know Merlin but the Rosa thing is still to prominent for me. The one time we see her is right before we see Merlin and Escanor meet for the first time. It’s like Nakaba wanted readers to draw that conclusion.