The Last Person to Post Wins - Raijū

Status
Not open for further replies.

liductan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2011
Messages
854
Reaction score
3,074
Gender
Female
Country
United States
It's also an unrealistic amount of money to own though, to be honest. When you really think about what owning a billion would mean, it starts to look more like a burden..

I'd rather have, say, 10 million. I could probably give up manga/anime for that.
I feel like so weight is on my shoulders listening to that.

You're probably one of the few that gets it...
But music...
Recently, a few months ago, I stumble upon a soundtrack I used to listen to when I was a teen. Man, it brought back so much memories. Nostalgic. All the sensation I felt during that exact point of time. It was like traveling back in time to 15 and remebering what I was thinking, feeling and who I was. It was bitter sweet to me.
I just love music.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
A fine catchphrase, but oh so wrong...
Lmao...that looks great. Medium for me.

There's something you go through in life and you realize money can't solve the problem.
 

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2010
Messages
3,228
Reaction score
6,476
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
Might Re-watch Diamond no Ace while I work, I love that Anime/Manga
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,534
Reaction score
21,756
Gender
Female
Country
China
There‘s being a good boy, and there‘s also being very naive :grumble Thought he‘s the type to have more realistic approaches.
Meh, I've come to accept that ruthlessly pragmatic and pragmatically ruthless are not the same thing or at least shouldn't be. Of course this was merely a hypothetical, but I think while I'm still young its healthy to start developing a less misanthropic code :lmao
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I feel like so weight is on my shoulders listening to that.

You're probably one of the few that gets it...
But music...
Recently, a few months ago, I stumble upon a soundtrack I used to listen to when I was a teen. Man, it brought back so much memories. Nostalgic. All the sensation I felt during that exact point of time. It was like traveling back in time to 15 and remebering what I was thinking, feeling and who I was. It was bitter sweet to me.
I just love music.
Exactly. I could probably define my entire range of emotions best by explaining it through songs, or segments of songs, or just one word of one song. Of course, it wouldn’t mean the same thing to anyone else.. But as cliché as it sounds, music seriously brings me life; it’s how I deal with anything - I connect it to music.

There’s music in my head constantly, and didn’t have an output for that (just singing or playing whatever’s on my mind in the car/while cooking/whatever) I would literally just have a cacophany in my head all the time. That’s also what happens when I get overworked or fall into depression; that constant loud-yet-undefinable noise inside my head which won’t go away (happened a few years back). Mostly I can channel that by playing, singing, listening to stuff and calm down the brain like that. It’s literally what keeps me sane.
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,534
Reaction score
21,756
Gender
Female
Country
China
Yes.

But wait, does that mean I'm not allowed to listen/play/sing music anymore myself?
Can I still go to parties? How about music in TV and film? Or video games?
What if I'm in the same room as my wife and she puts on some music?

Or do I get an implant that blocks out certain music? Like, I get to keep my music in TV etc, but outside of that it's just blocked. I won't be even able to hear it?

First option, I'll think about it. Second, yes.
I was also thinking of loopholes, but for a billion, essentially assume that any and all things that could be considered music (or things that you'd eventually come to consider as music) would be cut out automatically just for you. I figured there'd be some kind of chip in your brain; a fair assumption since you become richer than most governments upon accepting

You're taking me back to my teen days when even eating a lettuce would make me feel guilty lol.
.. That's very you

That wasn't my point but I get yours.
I know I'm not and I'm trying to be. It was more so assuming truth based on not not enough answers provided. That's all.
That's fair, yeah

I feel like so weight is on my shoulders listening to that.

You're probably one of the few that gets it...
But music...
Recently, a few months ago, I stumble upon a soundtrack I used to listen to when I was a teen. Man, it brought back so much memories. Nostalgic. All the sensation I felt during that exact point of time. It was like traveling back in time to 15 and remebering what I was thinking, feeling and who I was. It was bitter sweet to me.
I just love music.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


Lmao...that looks great. Medium for me.

There's something you go through in life and you realize money can't solve the problem.
I recently revisited my Bleach playlist. I like the music very much, but it's mostly the nostalgia... I can remember those summers almost a decade ago, sunny and windy during outside gym class, that Orange song playing while everyone is getting hyped to play soft ball over Mc Donalds... I guess certain songs have come to strong remind me of certain feelings. Nostalgia is a helluva drug
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
gb, did you see the new Venom? If so, did you like it? That why you gone all Symbiote?

I only heard very meh things about it so far..
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,685
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
How is that possible?
'Cause I watched the "Meet your Meat" vid and decided to stop eating meat+milk+eggs etc. Then went out with a group of friends to a burger place and mine was bread+lettuce+tomato. A friend said that was stupid 'cause the bread had eggs and the lettuce was another being that got killed for my sammish. I started to feel bad about eating leaves overall. In Forestry I also heard about Jagadish Chandra Bose, a plant physicist that presented studies about plants perceptions and reactions, including suffering. I, personally, don't like to draw a line... a being is a being. So yeah, I have to either stop thinking about what's in my plate or I'll go depressed lol. Decided to be mindful about the product origin and waste.
.. That's very you
'_'
 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,969
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
cute :wtf

is it by chance yours?
 

liductan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2011
Messages
854
Reaction score
3,074
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Exactly. I could probably define my entire range of emotions best by explaining it through songs, or segments of songs, or just one word of one song. Of course, it wouldn’t mean the same thing to anyone else.. But as cliché as it sounds, music seriously brings me life; it’s how I deal with anything - I connect it to music.

There’s music in my head constantly, and didn’t have an output for that (just singing or playing whatever’s on my mind in the car/while cooking/whatever) I would literally just have a cacophany in my head all the time. That’s also what happens when I get overworked or fall into depression; that constant loud-yet-undefinable noise inside my head which won’t go away (happened a few years back). Mostly I can channel that by playing, singing, listening to stuff and calm down the brain like that. It’s literally what keeps me sane.
The bolded part got me through depression. I've always been obsessed.
Everything you said is perfect and relatable to the core.

Especially the beginning" I have songs that I could listen to and deacribe a specific time of my life. I have titled certain songs in my head about a certain chapter or subject. Like this is the beat of my heart, corny ish..
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I don't share


You, obviously, haven't bought the right kind of drugs
:invalid
We can definitely agree on not sharing.
Get your own mofo, is my rule.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
'Cause I watched the "Meet your Meat" vid and decided to stop eating meat+milk+eggs etc. Then went out with a group of friends to a burger place and mine was bread+lettuce+tomato. A friend said that was stupid 'cause the bread had eggs and the lettuce was another being that got killed for my sammish. I started to feel bad about eating leaves overall. In Forestry I also heard about Jagadish Chandra Bose, a plant physicist that presented studies about plants perceptions and reactions, including suffering. I, personally, don't like to draw a line... a being is a being. So yeah, I have to either stop thinking about what's in my plate or I'll go depressed lol. Decided to be mindful about the product origin and waste.

'_'
Aww, you sound sweet.
We're all one.
It's a chain of life. From plants to animals to humans.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
1st World Problems part 437:

Can't decide whether to buy Taiko no Tatsujin with a drum controller or Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu with a Pokeball controller as a Christmas gift for myself.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
1st World Problems part 437:

Can't decide whether to buy Taiko no Tatsujin with a drum controller or Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu with a Pokeball controller as a Christmas gift for myself.
Hows married life?
xD
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
:Haha
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top