Games Mafia Game 68 - World of Warcraft: End Game - Missing Night Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,624
Gender
Female
Country
China
Yeah, correct. Rule 4 says the curse would prevent a time bomb or say a Santa Claus from working. The time bomb would be permanently dismantled if they were to explode that night, the Santa can go back to giving presents. The player getting the curse and the curse leaving the player are by mechanic the first and last thing to happen to them in a cycle.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,606
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Time out chief... I did NOT extend the phase with you. When I voted there was a 4-way tie with 2 votes. My vote on desin with less than 10 minutes left was explicitly so the phase WOULDN'T be extended. I wanted it over with, and I wasn't the one who tied it up last minute while playing videogames. :rolleyes:
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
My vote then wasn't to "save" anyone... it was to kill desin
You broke the tie, preferring one player over the other for some reason. Lambu tied again, Vand broke it, I tied again. Seemed that something had to be there. You being first kinda excludes you from the rest, but still broke the tie for some reason.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,228
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
You broke the tie, preferring one player over the other for some reason. Lambu tied again, Vand broke it, I tied again. Seemed that something had to be there. You being first kinda excludes you from the rest, but still broke the tie for some reason.
I gave the reason.... I broke the tie because someone had to die and we were running out of time. Not sure why I would be mentioned along with people who actually voted with the intent of extending the phase.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,606
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Well I'm sure as hell not gonna vote Vandred last, if anything Mafia Det Grysun should take the Bomb risk.
Did I miss him claiming to have NVD or are you just hysterical? And I recall you asked me for my role day 1, not satisfied? When can we expect more from you?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Uh, why care if you're Townie? :notsure
Because it‘s him. Wouldn‘t mind if the SK was one of the other 3.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Gotta sleep now, early classes in 7 hours. Will try to come before the end again.

!votekill Vandred RIP

 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,228
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Updated Ruling Section: Not Voting will not incur any penalty votes (initially rule 1, but figured I'd lead with a disclaimer and forgot it. cute mistake.)
Hmm I think I missed this. Why exactly are there no penalty votes this game?
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,624
Gender
Female
Country
China
Hmm I think I see a silly question. Why exactly are you asking the host about game mechanics, during a game? Just flame me like everyone else does, geez
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Fuck, DD, you're such a dick...

So I'm a detective, you asshole. Thx for compromising my N1 but I would appreciate if you won't screw the third one as well. I'm currently a bomb and can't investigate this night... So yeah, I either become a deadload till N4 to maybe not even know my sanity by then or I spill the beans now and try to argue reason with this mofo so I don't get the curse a second time...

At first I entertained the idea of giving you my curse as well this night, DD, so I could read your funny AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH tomorrow, but we're quite lost regarding mafia right now, and I would rly appreciate being able to use my fucking role on D3 if I'm able to and if I can survive. So yeah if you wanna be an ass and keep me alive and without results till then, I can't rly stop you... But now you know the price. Thx for the extra mind work you're proving to any protection we might have left as well '-' (reinforcing that I'm a bomb this night and I don't need protection now). Wouldn't even feel sorry for causing you to lose your action a second time as well, LOL, BKs are so fucking cancerous...

Btw I checked on Desin. After arguing with Vand that he looked as valuable as Marma and also that he could provide positive outcomes, I expected him to die. Oh well, didn't happen, but I got innocent on him. Not that it means anything at all since I was targeted by DD.

God help me, why do I always get those old ghosts on my ass out of nowhere, with no reason at all, LOL. Now you have a dead det and an alive and useless one till midgame '-' you so deserve a cookie. Good job being stubborn and narrow sighted. "Oooooh she's so suspicious!!! She called for a wagon on Santa!!!" Marvelous reasoning '-'

Oh and if anyone doubt that I'm a bomb now, you can check the post count and see if my vote on Van is there...
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,189
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Gry could be Mafia Det though, that would be the perfect cover :rolleyes:
Umineko flashbacks? :gwah

And now that I think about it Pompom is completely missing, she's literally the most inactive player...
:aweacquired a new level in sneaky skills, yay! Sneaky pom lvl2

Vandred confessed he is Sk? Hm... I'm always suspicious of him when he tells things, must be the rivalry :hehbut he could be trying to pull a lynch being a mafia bomb... Still think he is a good lynch since he is among Gry's targets.

Votekill Vandred!

Also, Asako-chan are you hungry-kun? :zomg Miss those old days you were cohosting with me and Sprigg.
 

Takuan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
1,839
Reaction score
7,564
Age
33
Country
France
Well fuck... Got out for 4-5 hours and when i come back, a thousand reveals and 20 pages of discussions.

Anyway, i was suspicious of GrySun's reveal as BK and finding the SK, but after Vandred admitted it... It seems he's pretty cleared. Mafia Det is a possibility but that would be so ballsy of Gry to claim BK like that... Plus that would mean he found out the SK first night, which is incredibly lucky, compared to having more chances with BK. Idk, for now i trust him.
I was also suspicious of digitaldude, i've been suspicious of him for a while. But claiming BK minutes after another one claimed BK, seems like a huge gamble. For now i'm willing to trust both of them are really what they claim.
Vandred revealing to be SK... Why though?! I don't get it, but at least it simplifies things.

!Votekill Vandred
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,322
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
I had to read over 30+ pages. That on its own is severely exhausting.

On Gry being BK or Mafia Det, tbh no real way to know, multiple Bks aren't weird in a panda game, so that line of reasoning doesn't really go anywhere. Van admitted rather easily to being SK. A bit too easily anyway. I saw some mentions of possibility of being a mafia bomb, but I don't think that makes sense. If Gry is mafia buds with Van, I'd say he wouldn't sacrifice a teammate this early when unwarranted. Van s the SK, not sure why a mafia bomb thought comes in. However, he could have contracted the non voter disease. I don't recall if it was randomized or not, but it'd be pretty terrible for a lone SK to be inhibited for a night imo. Anyway, that's 3 claimed bombs so far I think (Farf, Asako, DD?). That's a lot more than I expected, but not entirely unsurprising. Tbh, this mechanism is pretty interesting. However, I'm slightly confused by DD's actions- the way he questioned Farf was weird, but perhaps it was a lack of understanding of role? BK doesn't know what target is affected, so not sure why he was insistent on farf.

Gary to respond, we are not the same at all. You're measuring participation by post counts. We might have had roughly same, but our participation was vastly different. I engaged Lambu and have commented on different threads when I can. At the time I made that post, you had literally done only 2 things, First was Warcraft roleplaying/lore. Second was showing up 10 mins to the entire day to break a tie you had no knowledge about (because you had been gone the entire day). You don't bother hinting and you always do this, even more so when you're mafia. I know for a fact you cruise to end game just like this. Show up with inexplicable actions, say next to nothing about yourself, rinse repeat.

On the 2 TBs, not sure what to believe. I mean, there are 2 claimed TBs, and now apparently 3 NVD going round? I find this quite weird tbh. ES also has a nice limit of N4 so basically D5. Some games don't even get that far. Will need to consider this a bit more.

Probably missed some things, but there was a ton to read and I had to take multiple breaks in between. This is as much as I can do for now

!Votekill Vandred
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,228
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Gary to respond, we are not the same at all. You're measuring participation by post counts. We might have had roughly same, but our participation was vastly different. I engaged Lambu and have commented on different threads when I can. At the time I made that post, you had literally done only 2 things, First was Warcraft roleplaying/lore. Second was showing up 10 mins to the entire day to break a tie you had no knowledge about (because you had been gone the entire day). You don't bother hinting and you always do this, even more so when you're mafia. I know for a fact you cruise to end game just like this. Show up with inexplicable actions, say next to nothing about yourself, rinse repeat.
I didn't say we were the same, did I? I said you were mistaken about my activity. Aside from jokes/roleplay in the first hour or so of the first day I don't think you've paid attention to what I've said/asked if you think I'm just coasting and not contributing at all. My actions are not inexplicable, I did not show up to the end of the last day with 10 minutes to go, I broke the tie with 10 minutes to go. There was a lot less to catch up on on the first day when I returned. What knowledge is needed for a 4-way tie on day 1? It isn't like anyone with 2 votes at that time was a credible suspect or anyone offered any revelation about them, how could they? It was about as random as it gets. However, why others like Lambu, Vandred, and GrySun chose to lock us back into a stalemate and extend the phase may be useful to speculate on. And that's precisely what I tried to bring up today on multiple occasions, as well as Jinx's interactions with others on the first day.

The only thing you got right about me this game is not hinting much about my own role, and joking aside, I already said why that is. If you want to use that basis for me being Mafia, so be it, but don't say I've contributed nothing and acted inexplicably.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,673
Reaction score
61,374
Gender
Male
Country
France
Three Bombs, huh? You know, I think I'd like Asako or Lala to give it to me just so that I can trust them more. Lala especially since she was the last one to reveal.

My role is passive anyway.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
@James Rye it seems u could survive if I pass the disease to you and you won't explode, do you want me to do it?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,228
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
So my postmortem on how the first phase ended -

1. Why did Lambu save desin by voting for Marmalade, who turned out to be a Townie?
2. Vandred voted to break the tie after this, but if his Serial Killer claim is legit, he wouldn't be working with any inside info here as far as who is Townie and who isn't
3. If GrySun is actually the Barkeeper, he also voted for Marmalade, a Townie, and saved desin, extending the phase

Desin didn't offer much on the first day except reasons for his low activity, commenting on him being suspected for said low activity, voting for Demonspeed instead of Marmalade in order to save himself, explaining how he mistakenly did that, voting for WYIS after the extension, reminiscing about previous games, etc....
 

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
Okay gotta read 20 pages fcking hell. I didnt feel well yday and still dont but ok time to catch up.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Okay I tried to read most part of the convo's.

So Gry-kun claimed to be a BK that found the a SK and Van admitted to be the SK while he had three other people that he invited in his bar, also? Not sure why Vandro-kun would admit to be the one lol. Vandro-kun why u wanna meme urself man. Now you won't see D3 again. -3- Also I find DD a bit strange since if he invited two more people in his bar, why only going the whole time after Farfosh then? Why not the other two optios also? I mean, he can't know who what/which target has been effected so I kinda find that a bit weird but oh well.

And Farfosh is currently a bomb also? Lol. So if I have it correct then we have 2 BK's, 2 Time bombs and 3 people with the NVD? Erh.. actually.. is it strange that I don't find this surprising at all? I mean, knowing Panda and the ideas that we sometimes had when we hosted a game together, I am honestly not surprised by this in case if people speak the truth that is. Oh well, my head is spinning too much right now. Going to rest a bit again. >_<;

Also as last I will add that I find my role quiet memeish as per usual but I kinda like it.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
@James Rye it seems u could survive if I pass the disease to you and you won't explode, do you want me to do it?
I dunno tbh. I mean, it seems we need to get rid of those NVDs as soon as possible else if they keep hitting our dets and docs an bks we are fucked. Also it makes sense that there are many as this way mafia NVD holders can mess with our investigation and protection and blocking by turning our roles into useless bombs. So me getting bomb might be better as I got no night action anyway and I might hit a townie tonight anyway.
However, the dets investigating me, though it seems farf cannot do that this night phase anyway due being bomb, when I blow up to confirm half their sanity would be helpful as well.
Honestly... hm... @Copy Panda What happens if all 3 NVDs gets given to the same person is that person bomb for 3 nights in a row till he got rid of them all or do all 3 get merged into one NVD or will only one randomly of the 3 NVDs hit the target and the other 2 remain with their original holder till they find a NVD-fre target?

Maybe another way for me to make use of my timebomb is either to blow up the other bomb to prevent more deaths or to blow one of the NVDs though with a det and bk and "hungry-kun" among them that would seem wasteful.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,228
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Stacking poison/debuff would fit in with a WoW theme but like any other non-overlapping player targeting there isn't a overlapping effect. It seems like giving someone NVD for 3 days would be a bit much.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top