The Last Person to Post Wins - Taimatsu-Maru

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
It's funny, when I was a youngin, my mum never let me have a dog.

She said I could have rodents, though, as

:invalid

Now that I have kids, I kinda get what she meant - though I did feel pretty beat up when my first hamster died
We had all kinds of pets back in the day, everyone didn't care if a hamster died for example, except for me. I always felt sad. Mostly because if you spend enough time with a pet, you get a connection, which is, of course, something only I did, lol.

I never really cried for 'rodents' with exception of my rat, Professor Ratigan Ratterfield mysteriously vanished, which kind of fit, since Ratterfield was a play on Copperfield. He went everywhere with me in this little bag I always carried around, or in my big coat, but one day I went to a snackbar to get dinner for the family, and when I came home he was gone.. :lmao

I wanted to go back and look for him, but my parents forbid it, "You can't go to the fucking snackbar and ask if they've seen your rat!!" :emocat
I was distraught, I knew that he was probably heading to a speedy demise in there, and the fact that I didn't know anything was fucking with me for weeks after that.

Currently we have a dog and three cats, one cat; Mister Moustachio Magnifique, is definitely the cat of our son, it's the only reason why we kept him from the nest, they've been playing since both were a few weeks old and they still do. They run to each other first instead of us, when either of them wlkas in the room, or when Moes (short name) comes home. I'm already dreading the day for him, he doesn't have much with our dog, but he's definitely going to miss him of course, I'm glad cats got a longer life expectancy


Yeah, when Lucky (the dog I grew up with) had to go that seriously wounded me and I’ll definitely never get over it. It’s corny as heck, but he was honestly my best friend, definitely like a “brother”. Don't have quite the same connection to Zeke, but still, he's family.

It's pretty hard for Vide, because he's grown up with my parents' one dog and Jenny's mom's dog and two cats. And after tomorrow all four of them will have been put down in the last six months. There's been a steadily growing amount of thoughts and questions about death the last half year (especially with other, human family members passing away as well), it's a tough process. :/
Yeah, that's definitely not something I'm looking forward too, especially since I'm rather blunt when it comes to a subject like that. When it comes to my best friends (including dog) I'm a little bitch, but when it comes to family, acquaintances or whatever, I simply don't care. I've experienced a lot of death in my life, including losing actual best friends, family and pets all in just a few years. It hardened me a lot even though I can be an emotional wreck.

Conan has yet to experience any of that, my grandma died somewhere this or last year and my other grandma's sister died a week or two ago, both family members I didn't see or speak (the latter called me on my birthdays tho), but I doubt he would miss them anyway. He doesn't see much of my family or friends tbh.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@Farfalla @Lambu what manga are you guys talking about?
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,997
Reaction score
18,583
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I had a similar experience Xad

During my undergrad degree, my housemates and I had a rat - it'd spend most of the day in my friend's hoodie.

One night, whilst drinking before a night out, we forgot to put it back in its cage.
We only realised when it fell out of my friend's hoodie and onto the dance floor.

Luckily we saw, but it did lead to 3 rather drunken guys scrabbling around the floor, chasing a rat around people's feet.

We did get the rat back in the end
:verily

... also, I fucking love those animal names
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
I had a similar experience Xad

During my undergrad degree, my housemates and I had a rat - it'd spend most of the day in my friend's hoodie.

One night, whilst drinking before a night out, we forgot to put it back in its cage.
We only realised when it fell out of my friend's hoodie and onto the dance floor.

Luckily we saw, but it did lead to 3 rather drunken guys scrabbling around the floor, chasing a rat around people's feet.

We did get the rat back in the end
:verily

... also, I fucking love those animal names
That sounds like a very terrifying moment. I would've sobered up immediately I think.


Those are definitely two of my more creative names, Moes is a black/wihite cat, but it looks like he has a moustache, and not a good one. so the name is a bit ironic, since it's definitely not a magnifique moustache. :lmao Not sure if you remember or know the name Professor Ratigan, but he's the villain from The Great Mouse Detective. Our other two cats just got bird names, I named my rabbits after alcohol (I was 8 lol) and I never named the dogs since most of them came from a shelter or my parents named them (when I was a good), always those cliché terrible names too, like Angel, Devil, Spike, Lady etc.

I try to go for a different kind of name since I hate clichés when it comes to something like that, case in point; Conan.
 

Shobu_Yoruichi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
732
Reaction score
4,332
Gender
Hidden
Country
Chile
It is not the time yet... to find a person who enjoys more the exam arc rather than york shin arc.
Suppose ppl cannot help themselves but like chaos in their lives in any way possible.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,692
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
We had all kinds of pets back in the day, everyone didn't care if a hamster died for example, except for me. I always felt sad. Mostly because if you spend enough time with a pet, you get a connection, which is, of course, something only I did, lol.

I never really cried for 'rodents' with exception of my rat, Professor Ratigan Ratterfield mysteriously vanished, which kind of fit, since Ratterfield was a play on Copperfield. He went everywhere with me in this little bag I always carried around, or in my big coat, but one day I went to a snackbar to get dinner for the family, and when I came home he was gone.. :lmao

I wanted to go back and look for him, but my parents forbid it, "You can't go to the fucking snackbar and ask if they've seen your rat!!" :emocat
I was distraught, I knew that he was probably heading to a speedy demise in there, and the fact that I didn't know anything was fucking with me for weeks after that.

Currently we have a dog and three cats, one cat; Mister Moustachio Magnifique, is definitely the cat of our son, it's the only reason why we kept him from the nest, they've been playing since both were a few weeks old and they still do. They run to each other first instead of us, when either of them wlkas in the room, or when Moes (short name) comes home. I'm already dreading the day for him, he doesn't have much with our dog, but he's definitely going to miss him of course, I'm glad cats got a longer life expectancy


Yeah, that's definitely not something I'm looking forward too, especially since I'm rather blunt when it comes to a subject like that. When it comes to my best friends (including dog) I'm a little bitch, but when it comes to family, acquaintances or whatever, I simply don't care. I've experienced a lot of death in my life, including losing actual best friends, family and pets all in just a few years. It hardened me a lot even though I can be an emotional wreck.

Conan has yet to experience any of that, my grandma died somewhere this or last year and my other grandma's sister died a week or two ago, both family members I didn't see or speak (the latter called me on my birthdays tho), but I doubt he would miss them anyway. He doesn't see much of my family or friends tbh.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@Farfalla @Lambu what manga are you guys talking about?
Amatsuki o/
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Amatsuki o/
ah

Always interested me, but never had any type of priority, I read the first volume, maybe two back in the day though, which I liked.
@zimbardo @Xadyu @Ustegius @Brandish @EVERYONE

Speaking of projects Shinichirō Watanabe has been attached to lately...

BLADE RUNNER HYPE!
Ah, I didn't share it because I was certain it would've been discussed here already.

I didn't like the Black Out 2022 short Watanabe did, I liked the main character Iggy though. So I'll stay skeptic just to be sure.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
ah

Always interested me, but never had any type of priority, I read the first volume, maybe two back in the day though, which I liked.

Ah, I didn't share it because I was certain it would've been discussed here already.

I didn't like the Black Out 2022 short Watanabe did, I liked the main character Iggy though. So I'll stay skeptic just to be sure.
Did we? I missed out then probably.
 

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Happy late birthday @Hardy!
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
ah

Always interested me, but never had any type of priority, I read the first volume, maybe two back in the day though, which I liked.

Ah, I didn't share it because I was certain it would've been discussed here already.

I didn't like the Black Out 2022 short Watanabe did, I liked the main character Iggy though. So I'll stay skeptic just to be sure.
Anyway, he’s “just” a creative producer on this, not writing or directing afaict. The director of Stand Alone Complex plus some other guy who has a somewhat impressive resume are co-directing the whole first season. Also, those two are making a new GitS series. Hopefully that might be good too. :zomg

Gonna try to be optimistic about new stuff now. Except for the Bebop thing.
 

Shobu_Yoruichi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
732
Reaction score
4,332
Gender
Hidden
Country
Chile
What should i eat?
Peach
Ham with french bread
Pear
Banana

:hmm
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
ah

Always interested me, but never had any type of priority, I read the first volume, maybe two back in the day though, which I liked.
Its a manga you have to read very slowly to grasp the set up, but its a very unique isekai manga. o/

@Lambu O.O you read so fast! XD
I'm shocked 'cause the manga is quite dense.
Well, that's one of the MCs trait^^" Kinda love it or hate it that he's been consistent on that... Lemme be back from work and I'll talk more xD
I mean, its alright if he's soft or simple minded, its kind of realistic that he's not straightforward like every typical MC, but I can't understand why... just why is he so dumb?! :XD

Situation ----> Teiten changes the net and erases Ginshu and Kon's memories (and pretty much everyone else save a few like Tsuurume), Kuchiha is away with other guys and you might not see her again, Bonten is sleeping and could be like that for weeks, the only side that wants to help the Unwritten page and not "use it" is the demon side (Superpigeon and Tsuyukusa).
Toki's response ----> Ah no worries,thinking about all this is not my style, it will get alright on its own. I wont team up with the Demons but... Hey! I will stick with them cause they are the only ones who take care of me. Lets tell the new Ginshu that was put there by Teiten that I sympathize with the Ayakashi, she and the Anti-demon force will surely follow me!

Oh and when he's captured by the Shrine people (of course): - Superpigeon and Tsuyu come to the rescue but... Hey! Benitobi said she knows Ginshu was replaced, I'll follow her, fuck the people that came to save me! \o/

I get that his naivity and easy-going behaviour is a way for the story to develop, but his train of thoughts is borderline irrational.
I also dont get how is he so calm all the time with the exception of a direct crisis, whatever kind of person you are: If there's a god out there changing history at his will, you wont just stay waiting for something to pop up... Its even said that if you dont take posture the world is going to end. How in the world can you be smiling and brushing it off?
To quote Tsuyukusa: "I dont know if you are fucking with me or you are just plain stupid" Holy cow, my exact thoughts, wtf Toki...

It seems the last talk with Ginshu in that "dream" managed to take him out of that ignorance loophole in which he was, but I wont confirm it till I've seen proper actions.
I so hope Bonten wakes up soon ._.
 

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
What should i eat?
Peach
Ham with french bread
Pear
Banana

:hmm
All of the above? Could you turn them into a fruit salad and have the sandwich as the main course?
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Cabbage rolls are in the oven :redface
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,765
Reaction score
26,123
Gender
Male
Country
United States
:bored

On the path to being sick, resistance... hope its not futile................. :sexyarf
 
Last edited:

Shobu_Yoruichi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
732
Reaction score
4,332
Gender
Hidden
Country
Chile
All of the above? Could you turn them into a fruit salad and have the sandwich as the main course?
Hmm, my plan is to eat 2 things today and tomorrow the other 2. I think will go with peach (already eaten) and the sandwich -which is incomplete, my colleague gave it to me- for a snack around 10 pm.

Thanks!


Oh boy, a manga you have to read carefully to understand it, what a draaaag.
That is not enjoyable.
 

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
:bored

On the pack to being sick, resistance... hope its not futile................. :sexyarf
I have homemade chicken broth in my freezer. Best remedy :)
 
Top