The Last Person to Post Wins - Taimatsu-Maru

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Lucky. I have two more weeks :shakefist
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Just one more week before Christmas Break. I can't wait! :x3
Before that, Christmas party... and my wishlist:

A Sherlock Holmes book :blushbirb
or any book by Jane Austen
Oooh, any particular Sherlock book? :zomg I’ve got this lovely set since a couple of years back. Personal favorite is probably The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. I tend to prefer the Short Story anthologies over the novels. :nod
 

Elusia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2017
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
11,568
Country
Philippines
Oooh, any particular Sherlock book? :zomg I’ve got this lovely set since a couple of years back. Personal favorite is probably The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. I tend to prefer the Short Story anthologies over the novels. :nod
Any is fine, but the one I wanted the most is the Adventures of Sherlock Holmes :^_^
 

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,109
Reaction score
12,873
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
I minced all the meat that my mother was storing in the fridge.. They were a lot i think she won't be happy about that :XD that what she get for leaving for 3 weeks :hmph

I put a lot of effort tho, It's hard working
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
If you like audiobooks - this one is great
I adore audiobooks - it gets me through work days. And Stephen Fry is one of my favorite people on the planet (as he should be any sane person’s). Next time I wanna do the full runthrough I’ll probably get that one indeed. :verily
 
  • Like
Reactions: z.5

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I adore audiobooks - it gets me through work days. And Stephen Fry is one of my favorite people on the planet (as he should be any sane person’s). Next time I wanna do the full runthrough I’ll probably get that one indeed. :verily
Not a fan of audio books. I find my imagination thinks of various voices and quirks to go with the characters where audio books hinder me painting the picture. :) Also, if the actor has a heavy accent it's unappealing.
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,994
Reaction score
18,566
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Not a fan of audio books. I find my imagination thinks of various voices and quirks to go with the characters where audio books hinder me painting the picture. :) Also, if the actor has a heavy accent it's unappealing.
Well, here it is (though, I'd recommend buying - as I'm happy to pay for something this classy)

You can see what you think about the accent
:verily
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,056
Gender
Male
Country
United States
@gnut
But that holiday pay tho.
:zomg
 

Shobu_Yoruichi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
731
Reaction score
4,327
Gender
Hidden
Country
Chile
:hi

How are you in this wonderful day, Shobu? o/
It was a fun day; i watched One Piece with my colleague -Franky Vs Fukurou & Chopper Vs Kumadori- some parts that we enjoyed... especially with Fukurou's "chapapa" which its his end sentence style, and resembles a lot with "chapalapáchala", a chilean way to insult by changing the vocals of the phrase, meaning "chupalapichula" or suck my dick xDD.
Then ate churrasco with salad and rice for lunch, went for a siesta, woke up to eat my dessert: 1liter of chestnut icecream with chocolate sauce and meringues.

Today realized that it was too much for my stomach, so gotta keep drinking a lot of water, sadly some fruits and end the day with camomile tea.

How about you? Also checked Duterte's opinion about catholic priests :lmao that guy is so crazy, what do you think about it?
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
So Pervert and Swearing from that are Freudian slips :lmao

Mutha Fucker? Fuck your mom? I’m guessing it’s not Castellano Spanish? Make’s sense since the character is from Mexico.
Indeed, its not castellano. And no, "Motherfucker" isn't the right translation, the first "pervy" one I made was more accurate... latinos have a curious way of swearing :lambirb
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Licuado, another example of latino speech
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Btw, extreme right is also rising non-stop here in Spain... I guess it was bound to happen, but damn ._.
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
But that's a drink ç.ç



Fucking diabetes >_>
*leaves and slams door*
I know, its just that in Spain nobody calls it like that, we simply say the english word "smoothie" cause we are lazier o/

Btw Farf, I forgot to tell you before but an anime film I recently watched with Cres, Gry and Van



If you havent watched yet, check it out. I think you will like it a lot.
 

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Well, here it is (though, I'd recommend buying - as I'm happy to pay for something this classy)

You can see what you think about the accent
:verily
That's not too bad with a bit of cheesiness but it's not an American Sherlock Holmes :)

Indeed, its not castellano. And no, "Motherfucker" isn't the right translation, the first "pervy" one I made was more accurate... latinos have a curious way of swearing :lambirb
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Licuado, another example of latino speech
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Btw, extreme right is also rising non-stop here in Spain... I guess it was bound to happen, but damn ._.
Right-winged people are louder here as well :sad. They really hate our Prime Minister and elected a bozo into provincial legislation :notrust. Seriously, the guy's brother was the infamous crack smoking mayor.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
But that's a drink ç.ç



Fucking diabetes >_>
*leaves and slams door*
That really sucks :sad Is it pregnancy diabetes?
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,056
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I know, its just that in Spain nobody calls it like that, we simply say the english word "smoothie" cause we are lazier o/

Btw Farf, I forgot to tell you before but an anime film I recently watched with Cres, Gry and Van



If you havent watched yet, check it out. I think you will like it a lot.
Where does this name originate from?
Sounds like someone is cursing in a foreign lang. The art is puurty tho. :nod
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
That's not too bad with a bit of cheesiness but it's not an American Sherlock Holmes :)


Right-winged people are louder here as well :sad. They really hate our Prime Minister and elected a bozo into provincial legislation :notrust. Seriously, the guy's brother was the infamous crack smoking mayor.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

That really sucks :sad Is it pregnancy diabetes?
It can be... to the diebtic and the fat.
:notlikethis
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I know, its just that in Spain nobody calls it like that, we simply say the english word "smoothie" cause we are lazier o/

Btw Farf, I forgot to tell you before but an anime film I recently watched with Cres, Gry and Van



If you havent watched yet, check it out. I think you will like it a lot.
You all went to the cinema together?
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Not a fan of audio books. I find my imagination thinks of various voices and quirks to go with the characters where audio books hinder me painting the picture. :) Also, if the actor has a heavy accent it's unappealing.
That’s true for some books. If it’s a so-so written one, a well narrated audiobook can actually enhance the experience.
I tend to listen to ones I’m only half-interested in or ones I’ve already read (having it read to you can bring forward jokes, meanings and subtext which maybe your own mind missed - although it often happens that I find myself bothered because the narrator misses some of that stuff which I didn’t as well so it goes both ways).
 
Top