I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
How the hell can it even get worse than this? By it being the first time Mafia wins a Mafia game without losing a single member (not counting the mini-mafia-game Team Fortress that was won by me and a crazy bomb)?
At this point, the game will be forever known by how bad the town played rather than any actions the scum took this game. It looks like the town played to the point they didn’t even try.
Can’t complain when you passively let others play you better than you play you.
How the heck are we supposed to play good when this 18% shit happens for real? There was 82%chance of it not happening and Asako thus lying about being an apprentice! I was not wrong given the rules we have. I was just unlucky that the 18% was the case and not the 82%.
At this point, the game will be forever known by how bad the town played rather than any actions the scum took this game. It looks like the town played to the point they didn’t even try.
Can’t complain when you passively let others play you better than you play you.
How the heck are we supposed to play good when this 18% shit happens for real? There was 82%chance of it not happening and Asako thus lying about being an apprentice! I was not wrong given the rules we have. I was just unlucky that the 18% was the case and not the 82%.
So i was gone during the ending hours...and i return to see @Zasz killing me...out of all the People that you could've picked...gg Town...i had faith until today but now you're dead to me...
Watching you all bandwagon that poor little thing that is Asako was as heartbreaking as watching the likes of Shigatsu or Koe no Katachi. There is a special place in hell for you guys, I'm sure of it!
@James Rye Wait you were for real about hostkilling me for a CLEARLY troll kill?
WTF? Are you even serious when you say that?
Many others before me did the same thing and were fine, but since I'm Zasz, it's not good right?
Spy is a freaking claimable role by Mafia, just like Aprrentice was, so I don't regret my decision.
And since I'm a Vanilla Town I won't be useful because I don't write Bibles like anyone else in this game, I don't post as much as others and yada, yada.
But it's fine, AFTER ALL I'M MOTHERFUCKING ZASZ, RIGHT?
You know me, I love to joke and you don't have to worry, for tomorrow I'll be back to normal, but still saying that I should be hostkilled?
Nope, I'm totally salty.
Okay, I saw some complaining here and there and so I decided to check the game thread in the free time that I got right now. As one of the veteran players of this game there are a few things that I would like to tell you players that are currently playing this game hosted by Elusia and Lambu. Firstly, I would like to thank Lambu for helping Elusia out in this very crucial moment when Tuxedo mask has his busy days as far as I have read. Secondly, the game looks really splendid and the avatars do match a few people, well done on that part guys! Finally, I see that the townies are playing great like really great, it is phenomenal. A lot of mafia have been taken out and a lot of people are playing very coordinated, have a clear target in mind who might be mafia with perfect arguments and reasoning that it really blew my mind and of course it is also good to see that there are no last hour/minute/second votes to do a bandwagon or that people just vote for the sake of bandwagon just because. I am honestly in shock, it is wow. It was hard to even give compliments because such a sight like these you won't see that it every game tho. Just amazing. Townies, honestly speaking, it is been a while I have seen you guys playing this great. Mafia has absolutely no chance at this point like for frik sake man. You guys are awesome, I am really impressed, keep it up!
Now I will go to the point where certain people started to complain about Zasz? So as I said before, I checked the game thread because I was a bit curious some people were complaining and even asked for a hostkill because he did a troll move or something along the lines? Well as I stated above, I was rather confused about that and let's say that it was certainly an interesting read when certain people suggested for a possible hostkill. So as a veteran player I kind felt obligated to share you the facts that should be stated and I hope that this will open your eyes. So for those who blamed Zasz all of the sudden for making such a surprised move in the game, let me say this clear:
You guys are just extremely jealous that he at least did a wonderful move that you could simply not do. As far as I have seen, he at least took a to-... eh.. townies looking mafia to his dead in a fabulous way and honestly that alone deserve a lot of credits. You guys are doing already great and then are suddenly complaining about him for making such an amazing move? Why tho? That does not make any sense at all. Although I must admit that itis quite unfortunate that you did not take Takuan with you because once a witch hunt, always a witch hunt. It certainly would have gained over 9000+ points for sure, right Takuan? *huge smile* However Seraph is fine too and that alone gets definitely some bonus points in the books also. Do not forget he took a townie looking mafia with him so please, be a bit generous. Let's be honest, not all mafia can be taken out in one go and you guys have already got plenty mafia taken out so it is ridiculous to complain even about such a thing as a ''troll move'' or ''its Zasz hostkill this dude'' or ''he only spams kappa'' or whatever. Like are you even serious? At least give him so gratitude for doing a great move like that.
Anyway, Zasz it is good to see you back in the game playing again and honestly, do not mind them what they are saying to you because it is crystal clear that they are extremely jealous and butthurted that a genius player like yourself can do such a move with so much passion and so much eagerness in you. Like for real man, keep it up like that and let the kappa be as much alive as possible in the game. You have my bless. I certainly look forward how you will get this game in the pocket my friend. You guys are almost there as we have seen that a lot of mafia have already been taken out, so that is always good news. Cheers from me. Keep it up man!
Okay, I saw some complaining here and there and so I decided to check the game thread in the free time that I got right now. As one of the veteran players of this game there are a few things that I would like to tell you players that are currently playing this game hosted by Elusia and Lambu. Firstly, I would like to thank Lambu for helping Elusia out in this very crucial moment when Tuxedo mask has his busy days as far as I have read. Secondly, the game looks really splendid and the avatars do match a few people, well done on that part guys! Finally, I see that the townies are playing great like really great, it is phenomenal. A lot of mafia have been taken out and a lot of people are playing very coordinated, have a clear target in mind who might be mafia with perfect arguments and reasoning that it really blew my mind and of course it is also good to see that there are no last hour/minute/second votes to do a bandwagon or that people just vote for the sake of bandwagon just because. I am honestly in shock, it is wow. It was hard to even give compliments because such a sight like these you won't see that it every game tho. Just amazing. Townies, honestly speaking, it is been a while I have seen you guys playing this great. Mafia has absolutely no chance at this point like for frik sake man. You guys are awesome, I am really impressed, keep it up!
Now I will go to the point where certain people started to complain about Zasz? So as I said before, I checked the game thread because I was a bit curious some people were complaining and even asked for a hostkill because he did a troll move or something along the lines? Well as I stated above, I was rather confused about that and let's say that it was certainly an interesting read when certain people suggested for a possible hostkill. So as a veteran player I kind felt obligated to share you the facts that should be stated and I hope that this will open your eyes. So for those who blamed Zasz all of the sudden for making such a surprised move in the game, let me say this clear:
You guys are just extremely jealous that he at least did a wonderful move that you could simply not do. As far as I have seen, he at least took a to-... eh.. townies looking mafia to his dead in a fabulous way and honestly that alone deserve a lot of credits. You guys are doing already great and then are suddenly complaining about him for making such an amazing move? Why tho? That does not make any sense at all. Although I must admit that itis quite unfortunate that you did not take Takuan with you because once a witch hunt, always a witch hunt. It certainly would have gained over 9000+ points for sure, right Takuan? *huge smile* However Seraph is fine too and that alone gets definitely some bonus points in the books also. Do not forget he took a townie looking mafia with him so please, be a bit generous. Let's be honest, not all mafia can be taken out in one go and you guys have already got plenty mafia taken out so it is ridiculous to complain even about such a thing as a ''troll move'' or ''its Zasz hostkill this dude'' or ''he only spams kappa'' or whatever. Like are you even serious? At least give him so gratitude for doing a great move like that.
Anyway, Zasz it is good to see you back in the game playing again and honestly, do not mind them what they are saying to you because it is crystal clear that they are extremely jealous and butthurted that a genius player like yourself can do such a move with so much passion and so much eagerness in you. Like for real man, keep it up like that and let the kappa be as much alive as possible in the game. You have my bless. I certainly look forward how you will get this game in the pocket my friend. You guys are almost there as we have seen that a lot of mafia have already been taken out, so that is always good news. Cheers from me. Keep it up man!
Just to clarify,i ain't mad at Zasz for murdering me. Infact when i saw how i died i briefly facepalmed and then laughed...i just laughed.
A few posts later he goes and says "Well good night guys,i did enough for today " that killed me. Doesn't happen everyday that you fall to a Town Kill.
Instead of Host Killing him he should get a medal,he also has to do my part of the investigations now of course.
if theres any game coming soon especially if its a gintama one, pleeeeease, if possible avoid doing it between febr2 to8 (included) ill be very busy this week (exams and stuff) , january (especially around 10th) sounds very fine for me or after feb 9. i would be so sad to miss a gintama game
I mean when I was host long time ago it was always a struggle with zasz he very rarely showed up to play, he was also much much different in personality. I don't recognize who he became.