Gildarts & Zeref vs. Acnologia? Who wins?

  • Gildarts & Zeref

  • Acnologia


Results are only viewable after voting.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
No, i think suicide case is only related to gray winged haibane aka rakka & reiki, but i do think the place is a transitory kind of place like a purgatory or a " waiting room" before going to somewhere or something like this. But i think suicide /unhappiness/self-acceptance is the main topic of the story.
yyeah Reiki scene was awesome i loved the non graphical but still somehow violent/disturbing imagery.

Yeah agree Reiki had likely the most painful life and death, Rakka overwhelmed things and realized she had someone who cared for her, but reiki, i felt so bad for her. Yeah Nemu was awesome, loved her lot too.
Yup, that's the gist of what I think, we are pretty much on the same page. :nod
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait you watched Tokyo magnituuuuude, thats awesome !!!! :zomg


that was a sad anime too ! :pout
I think it was one of those many great recommendations from Nii. :lmao It was a thrilling series from start to finish with a bittersweet end.
@syx its been a while i hadnt share tpn art, here my last 2018 contribution


@cry_mond






















Those are great. :wtf The second one kinda captured Demizu's style. :zomg Emma and Gilda with different hair styles. <3

And the last one... Yugo...such a strong smile... :crying
What a sweet gif. :zomg Gonna steal it from you and make it mine.

 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Read the Shiganshina Arc today:




I really enjoyed the first two-thirds of this arc. Many o chara's got their chance to shine. Erwin was pretty epic, but he had such a death flag on him that it took a bit off it. At least most people thought he should've been titanified...

The other bits where we found out about the world I wasn't crazy for, these reveals often aren't for me. However it's more about what the story does with that info from here, so I'll be waiting. Some of the stuff, like the baby bit, feels connected to Historia's bump :teehee Got more resource/population vibes from the Eldian story.

Arc ending at the beach was something we/Eren could see coming ; ) Eren couldn't be happy, because the memories have made him more Jellal-like... felt sorry for the other two, mainly Armin. Couldn't imagine how it would feel to see the ocean for those guys.

Oh, does Eren have two great titan powers in him? lol.
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
I'm so proud of you, @Brandish. Posting only the one true panel that matters. You made me run tears of joy.


I really enjoyed the first two-thirds of this arc. Many o chara's got their chance to shine. Erwin was pretty epic, but he had such a death flag on him that it took a bit off it. At least most people thought he should've been titanified...
Yup, Erwin had quite the spotlight there. In general, he was a great character and top notch leader. Too bad he couldn't make it to the basement. He was so damn close. :crying Dunno whether I would have went with Armin or Erwin, my head kinda says Erwin while my heart goes for Armin. A though decision which was nicely portrayed, the struggle was real. Well, I can get over with character's deaths whom I like as long as there is a proper replacement. Armin may be not Erwin, but he has other qualities, so I'm fine with it.
The other bits where we found out about the world I wasn't crazy for, these reveals often aren't for me. However it's more about what the story does with that info from here, so I'll be waiting. Some of the stuff, like the baby bit, feels connected to Historia's bump :teehee Got more resource/population vibes from the Eldian story.

Arc ending at the beach was something we/Eren could see coming ; ) Eren couldn't be happy, because the memories have made him more Jellal-like... felt sorry for the other two, mainly Armin. Couldn't imagine how it would feel to see the ocean for those guys.
Do you have any idea what you would have preferred in regards to the reveals, any ideas? I already told you that the opinions differ. I can see where you guys are coming from. The reveals weren't that great for me either, but I have seen so many bad reveals that it makes a kinda okayish reveal - like in SnK's case - look better than it actually is. :lmao Revelations generally have the habit to disappoint because it takes away the thrill which was build up over so many years, hence expectations are very high. Well, that's at least the way I see it.

Where exactly does the Shiganshina Arc end? I thought it ended when they entered the basement and found that photo. But you seem to know way more than that (Eldian, baby, Historia, beach scene). I have to be careful to not spoil you, haha. But you made an interesting point, in the end it's up to the author what he intends to do with the revelations.

You would think Armin reaching the beach would be some kind of a happy epilogue panel at the end of the series, but the real deal is just starting for them.
Oh, does Eren have two great titan powers in him? lol.
Yes. : )

You doing great, man!
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Yup, Erwin had quite the spotlight there. In general, he was a great character and top notch leader. Too bad he couldn't make it to the basement. He was so damn close. :crying Dunno whether I would have went with Armin or Erwin, my head kinda says Erwin while my heart goes for Armin. A though decision which was nicely portrayed, the struggle was real. Well, I can get over with character's deaths whom I like as long as there is a proper replacement. Armin may be not Erwin, but he has other qualities, so I'm fine with it.
Yea I don't think they can replace Erwin. I didn't want Armin to die either, it would be harder to handle for me emotionally. Plus, it wouldn't feel right if the person with the most authority in the corps was a strong titan lol.

Do you have any idea what you would have preferred in regards to the reveals, any ideas?
Nah, I'm not creative in the slightest. When I don't like a reveal like this one, it's often that the build-up > truth.

I didn't really understand Ymir's bits. I was getting so confused because of the other Ymir. Was she just lead astray by some cult? That titan of hers looks a lot like that 'devil'.

Where exactly does the Shiganshina Arc end? I thought it ended when they entered the basement and found that photo. But you seem to know way more than that (Eldian, baby, Historia, beach scene). I have to be careful to not spoil you, haha. But you made an interesting point, in the end it's up to the author what he intends to do with the revelations.
Chapter 90. I stopped because I saw some kid at the start of 91 (who looked like Norman lol) and checked google.

Yep the photo was seen mid-80s, and there were about 5 flashback chaps.

Hard to miss the Historia is pregnant news. There was a Maury Povich type poll in SnK section, I even voted on it :lmao

You would think Armin reaching the beach would be some kind of a happy epilogue panel at the end of the series, but the real deal is just starting for them.
Yes it is. And tbf, this type situation has been built up all series, ever since we found out Eren could be a titan; that being humans are the real enemy. And if I've got it right, only humans with Ymir blood can be turned into a titan. Which means Zeke could stroll into town and turn people who aren't Ackerman's into a titan? That guy is dangerous af Levi was soo close...
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell




For the Okita fanboy : )
Okita-chan <3 :wtf She never let me down in FGO. :crying And Nobu is crazy cool. :x3

Nah, I'm not creative in the slightest. When I don't like a reveal like this one, it's often that the build-up > truth.
Isn't the build-up always better than the revelation though? Build ups are all about mysteries, thrill, theorizing, curiosity and excitement. The truth takes all that away and brings everything to conclusion... more or less.
I didn't really understand Ymir's bits. I was getting so confused because of the other Ymir. Was she just lead astray by some cult? That titan of hers looks a lot like that 'devil'.
Yes, you are right. Ymir has no connection with the ancient Ymir Fritz.
Chapter 90. I stopped because I saw some kid at the start of 91 (who looked like Norman lol) and checked google.

Yep the photo was seen mid-80s, and there were about 5 flashback chaps.
Oh, there you are. : )

I wonder how you will like the next batch of chapters. It will be different since there will be a change of scene, if I'm allowed to say as much. Some fans thought it was kinda dragging. But since you will probably read it at in one sweep, it might not feel that dragging for you.
Hard to miss the Historia is pregnant news. There was a Maury Povich type poll in SnK section, I even voted on it :lmao
Haha, totally agree with you. I try to avoid SnK spoilers as much as I can, but it's not possible sometimes. It's the same for the upcoming chapter (#113). I know what happens more or less due to my friends going apeshit crazy about it.:lmao Can't wait for that chapter, I would have preferred to read it without prior knowledge. :nomoar
Yes it is. And tbf, this type situation has been built up all series, ever since we found out Eren could be a titan; that being humans are the real enemy. And if I've got it right, only humans with Ymir blood can be turned into a titan. Which means Zeke could stroll into town and turn people who aren't Ackerman's into a titan?
Not gonna spoil you, I think you are still missing some Zeke bit.
That guy is dangerous af Levi was soo close...
No, you clearly don't know who you consider dangerous, so let me clue you in. Zeke is not dangerous, Brandish, Levi is! A big ass beast titan faces Levi and you hear trample sounds and think it's Levi stomped to death? No. Levi is the one who stomps!
(credits to Breaking Bad)

 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Isn't the build-up always better than the revelation though? Build ups are all about mysteries, thrill, theorizing, curiosity and excitement. The truth takes all that away and brings everything to conclusion... more or less.
I wouldn't say always, but probably most of the time. Especially in manga where the buildup can feel like forever. I really liked the TPN reveals for example.

I wonder how you will like the next batch of chapters. It will be different since there will be a change of scene, if I'm allowed to say as much. Some fans thought it was kinda dragging. But since you will probably read it at in one sweep, it might not feel that dragging for you.
So there is an arc before the current chapter? I might read it then.

No, you clearly don't know who you consider dangerous, so let me clue you in. Zeke is not dangerous, Brandish, Levi is! A big ass beast titan faces Levi and you hear trample sounds and think it's Levi stomped to death? No. Levi is the one who stomps!
(credits to Breaking Bad)

"Be careful if you're attacked by a single solider"
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
I wouldn't say always, but probably most of the time. Especially in manga where the buildup can feel like forever. I really liked the TPN reveals for example.
Yeah, agreed. But in my case, I can hardly say a revelation made me more hyped than the mystery itself. Though, it may be not even a fair comparison anyway. Uncertainty and secrets are more sexy anyway.


You have to be more active in the TPN section. :nah
So there is an arc before the current chapter? I might read it then.
I honestly don't know what you mean? Chapter ~91-100 will have a different focus in regards to plot, location and characters. I was referring to this.

You have to tell me if I'm being too spoilery. :lmao
Poor Cu and his bad luck. xD

At least Fake Archer knows how to treat the real Archer. :blush









And last but not least...



@Credits goes to their respective owners.
Hohoooo you guys can finally post Umineko pics without spoiling me. :lmao The second pic is amazing, the third one - even though I have no idea what it is about - is lol, chibi Dlanor is always a win <3 and Bern rejecting - "please, would you not" - Lambda while blushing is glorious.

:awe
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I honestly don't know what you mean? Chapter ~91-100 will have a different focus in regards to plot, location and characters. I was referring to this.
Ah right. I'll be reading one arc at a time, so if 91-100 is the first part of the arc I'll just wait til it's done.

The great people at Wiki inform me that the "Marley arc" is 91-106. So I can do that, then hold off for some time.
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Wait still no title :arf... yare yare
Hey, hey, easyyyy there Erinyes-chan. My thread has a title. A title which perfectly represents my humble self.


My 1st 2019 contribution , enjoy :zomg


Amazing pic ♥ source Rousteinire Devianart







@minokakasi


Not that im celebrating fictional characters birthday, but just remembered its Ray birthday today !!!!


@eizvm3Pon8kg508













The grown up Emma one must be the best adult version of Emma I ever saw as far as I remember. :zomg She will be so awesome when she grows up! : ) The Isabella one is also nicely done, as well as the "expedition" picture, where our trio wear casual clothes. :blush As always, the others are also cool. Oh, I completely forgot about Ray's birthday. :nomoar
I know you're a Shalltear fan, so here.





And as a little extra:

Who isn't a Shalltear fan, Nii? Come one, you just can't dislike her. :lmao

And shouldn't Kimetsu air this season? Great pic by the way, The Flame Pillar was a really cool one. : (

Thank you both of you so much!

 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Who isn't a Shalltear fan, Nii? Come one, you just can't dislike her. :lmao

And shouldn't Kimetsu air this season? Great pic by the way, The Flame Pillar was a really cool one. : (

Thank you both of you so much!

True, Shalltear is great. Maybe a bit too devoted to Ainz, but hey :^)

It's going to air next season, in April. Should hopefully be great, expecting a lot from ufotable.

Also, you should be on slack more often. And I'm saying this exactly bc I know it's annoying you :3
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
True, Shalltear is great. Maybe a bit too devoted to Ainz, but hey :^)
Yeah, I know. I have sometimes problems with characters who are too devoted as well. But I guess I turn a blind eye on her because I don't take the Overlord series very serious. :lmao

It's going to air next season, in April. Should hopefully be great, expecting a lot from ufotable.
Ah, shoot! : (

Also, you should be on slack more often. And I'm saying this exactly bc I know it's annoying you :3
:rolleyes: Yes, it's annoying because I - usually - do spend a good amount of time on slack but you are never there, hence I take my leave because I hate having open tabs which I don't use.
 
Last edited:
Top