Discussion Who does each slayer target?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,290
Reaction score
24,922
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
This is something that has been bothering me for a while. So far we are just familiar with White's and karakas targets. White targets hon and karaka targets zahard.


Karakas target is specially interesting considering luslec. You'd think the number one slayer and overall leader of fug would aim for the big fish zahard himself. He even has a personal stake at targeting zahard. But instead zahard as a target was left alone until karaka became a thing.

Going a bit further, you'd think luslec would have his pick at who to target... But if he did, that means he likely picked either someone he hates even more than zahard OR perhaps he is to scared to actually target zahard... Or there is some other factors that prevents him from going after zahard. I am a fan of the idea that there is someone he hates more than zahard.

And then we have bayroad and imort. So far what we know of bayroad concerns the fighting pits and blood related experiments... And given the mad dogs i kinda imagine bayroad is a similar fighter to them but far more powerful and feral. A true beast of sorts. So maybe he targets the lo po bia head? No idea about imort though.

Thoughts?
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,290
Reaction score
24,922
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
And then we have kallavan... Who would he have targeted? Given what we saw yurin seems like a probable choice since kallavan can counter standard ha abilities.
 

King Dryst

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 17, 2018
Messages
6,456
Reaction score
10,910
Country
Cobra
Karaka wants to have Zahard, but I think that's just his own presumption. It's clear that the role is intended for Baam, as only an Irregular can accomplish it.

Aside from Baam, all the other Slayers are pretty much doomed to failure regardless. None of that lot are ever going to be able to even contend with a Family Head, far much less kill one. I'd go so far as to say that they could all surprise and gang up on an isolated one and they'd still lose. My own take on the matter is that they were never even seriously intended to succeed at that venture. They're mostly a bunch of blissfully ignorant false idols meant to give the cause something to rally around during the long wait for the chosen one to appear. It'd be only Luslec, and perhaps certain among his personal inner circle who might know the truth of that.
 
Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,290
Reaction score
24,922
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Karaka wants to have Zahard, but I think that's just his own presumption. It's clear that the role is intended for Baam, as only an Irregular can accomplish it.

Aside from Baam, all the other Slayers are pretty much doomed to failure regardless. None of that lot are ever going to be able to even contend with a Family Head, far much less kill one. I'd go so far as to say that they could all surprise and gang up on an isolated one and they'd still lose. My own take on the matter is that they were never even seriously intended to succeed at that venture. They're mostly a bunch of blissfully ignorant false idols meant to give the cause something to rally around during the long wait for the chosen one to appear. It'd be only Luslec, and perhaps certain among his personal inner circle who might know the truth of that.
SIU outright stated karakas target is zahard. This isn't debatable, its a fact. The nuances behind this and the overall role of the slayers is a different issue though.
 

Ripcord

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2012
Messages
1,220
Reaction score
609
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This is something that has been bothering me for a while. So far we are just familiar with White's and karakas targets. White targets hon and karaka targets zahard.


Karakas target is specially interesting considering luslec. You'd think the number one slayer and overall leader of fug would aim for the big fish zahard himself. He even has a personal stake at targeting zahard. But instead zahard as a target was left alone until karaka became a thing.

Going a bit further, you'd think luslec would have his pick at who to target... But if he did, that means he likely picked either someone he hates even more than zahard OR perhaps he is to scared to actually target zahard... Or there is some other factors that prevents him from going after zahard. I am a fan of the idea that there is someone he hates more than zahard.

And then we have bayroad and imort. So far what we know of bayroad concerns the fighting pits and blood related experiments... And given the mad dogs i kinda imagine bayroad is a similar fighter to them but far more powerful and feral. A true beast of sorts. So maybe he targets the lo po bia head? No idea about imort though.

Thoughts?
Personally I think that the slayers are not intended to kill the heads themselves but to weaken each of them so as to bring about a fall later.

What I mean is that the slayers can gather knowledge and destroy key things, or prepare to when the time is right. For example, we know the Yeon family relies on the Zigena jewel and maybe other gems isn’t a bad assumption. The slayer assigned to Yeon could work out how to cripple them politically and economically. Not that the Zigena baby was their idea... or was it? We have no idea who Repellista works for.

Embarrassing one of the ten heads might seem like not much but it could force them to make a mistake at a crucial moment.

Regarding Lusec and Karaka... I think that Karaka seeks to make Zahard suffer and FUG is using that. Lusec’s desire, I think, is not to just destroy Zahard but to accomplish what V and Arlene could not. This means he may be busy running FUG and working out what comes after.

It is also possible Lusec is managing all of the things swirling around Bam. If this is the case I think he’s busy enough and needs to delegate Zahard to someone else.

I don’t think any of the slayers were intended to beat any of the 10 heads, but their families are a bit weaker targets.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,290
Reaction score
24,922
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I don't particularly object to the idea that luslec and whoever else is in charge were just waiting for bam to show up and the rest of the stuff is just meant to weaken the great families but i don't think its the case the other slayers are in on it. I just can't imagine bayroad or karaka not being in on this to actually get their targets. They are gods within fug and regarded as such by their subjects. It also does not look like slayers generally actively aim to harm the 10 families all the time either.
 

King Dryst

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 17, 2018
Messages
6,456
Reaction score
10,910
Country
Cobra
I don't particularly object to the idea that luslec and whoever else is in charge were just waiting for bam to show up and the rest of the stuff is just meant to weaken the great families but i don't think its the case the other slayers are in on it. I just can't imagine bayroad or karaka not being in on this to actually get their targets. They are gods within fug and regarded as such by their subjects. It also does not look like slayers generally actively aim to harm the 10 families all the time either.
To be clear, I don't think they're in on it. I think they themselves legitimately believe in what they're trying to do, but also that Luslec and the Elders responsible for elevating them are really just stringing them along. If any of them actually do manage the impossible, of course, then all the better.
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
re: the other slayers - we don't know what we don't know. Maybe there's an irregular there or something. Many are 'sleeping' (there's that word again). Literal sleep? Waiting for the Chosen One (TM)?

Karaka - obviously has some connection to Zahard; maybe this is why he's his target specifically. SIU said Karaka and Wangnam are both central to the story. Maybe Karaka, a rising star (and not even in his final form....! /s), is uniquely qualified to take on Zahard due to whatever connection, the ring, etc.

11 Slayers for the 10 FH + Z. Makes sense. But, as mentioned, maybe they just wage war on their offspring or snipe their family members off guerrilla-style. (until the arrival of someone like Baam).

To note, Karaka targets Zarhard, sure, but now he's targeting Kallavan, a Zarhard subordinate. Sure, it's personal, but it looks to be more a targeting of Zahard's legs and arms at this point rather than go right for the center of mass. Maybe the other slayers do the same.

Similarly, White targets ANYTHING Hon. Not just Arie himself.

So, yeah, it seems like they are/have been in wait (specifically if many slayers are in slumber/not activated and as Karaka says the elders are just sitting on their hands). Waiting for Baam and/or the thorn consolidation of course.



But, I also get a feeling there's at least some element of controlled opposition. Maybe an elder or someone has been infiltrated.
 

shaheer

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
4,190
Reaction score
2,208
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
I think FUG is just playing a make believe till Irregular shows up (in this case did) they have to have some kind of assurance to their majority followers that they are planning to kill off the family heads and thus the slayers exist but I doubt they have much capabilities to actually kill one. I suppose the slayers are thus chosen in the sense that their powers are unique in the way they got it so that the fug can claim that hey these people are not normal so they can make some difference.
 

toil

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2018
Messages
520
Reaction score
410
Country
United States
I joked in another thread that Zahard has let FUG do its thing because he’s still hung up on Arlene. Maybe half a joke?

It concerns me—and should concern Baam and friends—just how elegantly Zahard exploited their plan to crash the hidden floor so Zahard could advance his own interests. I have a feeling FUG will wind up getting similarly “played by Zahard”—or more precisely, I think they are already getting played but won’t realize it until a lot later.

In terms of targeting, I don’t have anything to add except that I think it’s possible one or more family heads will wind up not targeted by the end. This might let SIU sidestep the issue of who Karaka targets once Baam “claims” Zahard as his target (at least in terms of his assignment...what he does may be different).
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
I think FUG is just playing a make believe till Irregular shows up (in this case did) they have to have some kind of assurance to their majority followers that they are planning to kill off the family heads and thus the slayers exist but I doubt they have much capabilities to actually kill one. I suppose the slayers are thus chosen in the sense that their powers are unique in the way they got it so that the fug can claim that hey these people are not normal so they can make some difference.
I half agree. I think the higher-ups know what's up. That's why most of the slayers are asleep, and the elders won't 'move' - not to mention not all of the slayer positions are filled.

That said I do think they hope to - in time - find the strength (like you said, via Baam) to be able to overcome the 10FH and as such WHEN that time comes the slayers better be qualified and very strong to do so.

Again, they seem more interested in indirect confrontation for the time being. Guerrilla armies know they can't take over an invasive force by direct, conventional means.

I joked in another thread that Zahard has let FUG do its thing because he’s still hung up on Arlene. Maybe half a joke?

It concerns me—and should concern Baam and friends—just how elegantly Zahard exploited their plan to crash the hidden floor so Zahard could advance his own interests. I have a feeling FUG will wind up getting similarly “played by Zahard”—or more precisely, I think they are already getting played but won’t realize it until a lot later.

In terms of targeting, I don’t have anything to add except that I think it’s possible one or more family heads will wind up not targeted by the end. This might let SIU sidestep the issue of who Karaka targets once Baam “claims” Zahard as his target (at least in terms of his assignment...what he does may be different).
I am guessing once the war actually kicks off and goes up a notch (requiring Baam's vanguard and/or Gustang's actions or whatever) the targeting designations will go out the window. For instance, Karaka seems more interested in cutting out Z's legs by taking on his army first. I don't see an war in a structured sequence of events of 1 V 1 based on pre-assessed determinations (not that their targets would even comply with such a set of matchups). If they aren't sniping their targets, then it will probably become a free-for-all (running FUG is like herding cats anyways...). FUG just needs a cumulative force strong enough to take on the family heads.

Orrrrr, as you and I state, they get 'Zaharded' (similar to Aizened). That's one reason I think there could be an element of controlled opposition. Possibly.

I mean if we go on strict rankings, then even Luslec isn't qualified to take on quite a few FH's and Z. So how can lower ranked slayers be qualified? He has to know better - or there has to be something else at play.
 

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 23, 2006
Messages
3,134
Reaction score
2,325
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I am also a fan of the Idea that Slayers oppose Jahad and 10FHs, not really literally fighting one Head on. But also that they aren't exclusive to one FH, but rather Just meant to be equal in numbers to them (like setting an opposing basketball team, you need an equal amount of players regardless of How good they are). Slayer position is like a team position, If you are defense then you oppose the other team's attack players, maybe more than one If you are really good, and Everyone opposes the ace player (Jahad and Bam in this case).

Except imo they have ToG classes to fulfill instead of positions. Yama could be for instance a good candidate for Fisherman of this team, as Bam would be a great WC Idea and Karakka a great Scout. I think swordfighters such as White fall in between Fisherman and Scout, using Hatz as an example. And we have zero Idea of what Seto Peppomemo and Imort would play out like, or the other remaining unknown 4.

To answer the question about Kallavan, I think he would definitely be a Scout, using Yurin and Jahad as role models (toughest body seems like the ideal Vanguard), but perhaps got replaced by Karakka instead.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Actually, I do have a clue as to what Seto Peppomemo must be like: judging from Madoraco's wide Intel abilities, I think Peppomemo should be more like a Light Bearer oriented Slayer, the same way Tu Perie and Gustang go about. If we think about roles we would get It all wrong imo, because Bam would turn out to oppose Eurasia Blossom instead, and so far that doesn't make sense either.
 

Ripcord

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2012
Messages
1,220
Reaction score
609
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I am also a fan of the Idea that Slayers oppose Jahad and 10FHs, not really literally fighting one Head on. But also that they aren't exclusive to one FH, but rather Just meant to be equal in numbers to them (like setting an opposing basketball team, you need an equal amount of players regardless of How good they are). Slayer position is like a team position, If you are defense then you oppose the other team's attack players, maybe more than one If you are really good, and Everyone opposes the ace player (Jahad and Bam in this case).

Except imo they have ToG classes to fulfill instead of positions. Yama could be for instance a good candidate for Fisherman of this team, as Bam would be a great WC Idea and Karakka a great Scout. I think swordfighters such as White fall in between Fisherman and Scout, using Hatz as an example. And we have zero Idea of what Seto Peppomemo and Imort would play out like, or the other remaining unknown 4.

To answer the question about Kallavan, I think he would definitely be a Scout, using Yurin and Jahad as role models (toughest body seems like the ideal Vanguard), but perhaps got replaced by Karakka instead.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Actually, I do have a clue as to what Seto Peppomemo must be like: judging from Madoraco's wide Intel abilities, I think Peppomemo should be more like a Light Bearer oriented Slayer, the same way Tu Perie and Gustang go about. If we think about roles we would get It all wrong imo, because Bam would turn out to oppose Eurasia Blossom instead, and so far that doesn't make sense either.
It might not be a fight fire with fire idea but more like a Rock-Paper-Scissors. Karaka was targeting Zahard and he’s a scout, but Zahard is not. Of course Bam is a wave controller but he would be assigned to Zahard solely because of his special nature, not his position.
 

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 23, 2006
Messages
3,134
Reaction score
2,325
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It might not be a fight fire with fire idea but more like a Rock-Paper-Scissors. Karaka was targeting Zahard and he’s a scout, but Zahard is not. Of course Bam is a wave controller but he would be assigned to Zahard solely because of his special nature, not his position.
I think If It was for the ability to kill an imortal, Bam would have to fill every Slayer seat, and Kallavan wouldn't be invited to a Slayer position. All FHs are imortals, none can be killed by regulars.
 

Ripcord

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2012
Messages
1,220
Reaction score
609
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think If It was for the ability to kill an imortal, Bam would have to fill every Slayer seat, and Kallavan wouldn't be invited to a Slayer position. All FHs are imortals, none can be killed by regulars.
Yes I know that!

I was initially referring to your statement that Bam should face Eurasia (a fire fight fire idea), but it might make more sense for a different position to fight a wave controller, such as a fisherman - which is the rock-paper-scissors idea.

I don’t imply that they can kill the heads, just who is best to oppose them. Bam wouldn’t fit the rock-paper-scissors game of weaknesses of course because well... he’s the nuke.
 

shaheer

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
4,190
Reaction score
2,208
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
A fully prepared Bam can obliterate Eurasia.. Atleast that's how I see it. Bams only trouble should be Zahard
 

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 23, 2006
Messages
3,134
Reaction score
2,325
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Well I just think the whole Idea of a Slayer targetting one FH doesn't make a lot of sense. They probably mirror the 11 GW that are on Jahad's side, but not necessarily are meant to fight them like this. IIRC the whole thing abt each Slayer having a FH as target was Just a fan assumption that became Common knowledge, not SIU or the series stating that anywhere. Does anyone have a source that supports this for real?
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,290
Reaction score
24,922
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Well I just think the whole Idea of a Slayer targetting one FH doesn't make a lot of sense. They probably mirror the 11 GW that are on Jahad's side, but not necessarily are meant to fight them like this. IIRC the whole thing abt each Slayer having a FH as target was Just a fan assumption that became Common knowledge, not SIU or the series stating that anywhere. Does anyone have a source that supports this for real?
SIU said each slayer targets a specific warrior in a blog post some time ago. And said the number of slayers is specifically meant to mirror the number of family heads.
 

Echizen_Akira

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2019
Messages
95
Reaction score
111
Age
35
Country
England
With only 2 known it's kind difficult to guess, as they say "2 is a line, 3' a pattern" hopefully we'll find out Yama's target soon, now that he's been officially introduced, knowing his abilities would also help.

Based on just Karaka and White however, I have 2 possible options.

#1 Compatibility: Arie swordsman for Arie swordsman and Pseudo-Immortal for an immortal.

#2 Political: Karaka's connection to Jahad, perhaps his mere existence. White simply being a slayer would make the Arie family look bad. Though these would be more reasons to simply make them slayers, rather than determine who they target.
 

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 23, 2006
Messages
3,134
Reaction score
2,325
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
SIU said each slayer targets a specific warrior in a blog post some time ago. And said the number of slayers is specifically meant to mirror the number of family heads.
Well, in this case I cannot see what will become of Karakka since he clearly has ties to Jahad and apparently to nobody Else. Is Bam a candidate to take over Karakka's position? Will Karakka quit being a Slayer If Bam becomes one? Maybe he is meant to grow through battles with Yuri and develop ways to fight Ha Yurin instead?

As for Yamma and Luslec, not only we have Very little Intel on both, but we never saw Ari Han, Hendo Lok Bloodmadder, we don't even know Lo Po Bia's FH name.

Yamma does seem, through his Minions, like he could fight like Ha Yurin. Or maybe the Beast that hunt the Lycans was Lo Po Bia's work. There's Very little to know about him, and we saw him Interact with the main in an arc that revolves around himself. Luslec then, we now near zero.

We know he worked as a Warrior under V, pretty much like we saw Mascheny and Marco. I think Luslec is the first son of Arlene and V, Bam's brother. And judging from how Gustang had something against V, this might be It: Luslec opposing Gustang. Ofc, this is grasping straws, there's really nothing besides wild assumptions that point this way. But since the game here is wild betting, then:

Bam-Jahad
White-Arie Hon
Karakka-Ha Yurin
Yamma-Lo Po Bia
Luslec- Gustang
Seto Peppomemo-Tu Perie
Imort-Edwan

Last four, whoever they are, should target Yeon, Eurasia Blossom, Hendo Lok and Ari Han. Why? No Idea, simply randomly shooting lol
 
Top