Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I think I haven't shared this in MH. A Twitter thread I did last year about how Otoko Ippiki Gaki Daisho and Hiroshi Motomiya shaped Shonen Jump, and all the direct influences Motomiya had on Jump (mainly Kurumada and Tetsuo Hara). If you are interested click the first tweet (not the second tweet, the first tweet is the one which links to the english thread).


The talk of Otoko Ippiki is being too strong this week in Hokuto no Gun thanks to the first anime serial being subbed, and then I remembered I did this multi-tweet thread last year lol

PD: Despite the appearance of that last tweet (dunno why Twitter puts it there, since is from a spanish paralell Twitter thread), entire thread is in english lol. Just checked when I opened the link to see what happened.
Oh, so that guy is you. Nice man. :P
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
2.5-Jigen no Yuuwaku
Honestly, while the concept wasn't really anything mind-blowingly unique, the placement of that color page in the middle of the chapter had a really nice impact. I wasn't expecting it, so it was a pleasant surprise to see, similar to how the color pages in Saguri-chan really made the series since they were so breathtaking. I hope more Jump+ series start taking advantage of the increased flexibility they have being published online and do more things like that
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Top 5 current popular Jump+ manga
1. 2.5-Jigen no Yuuwaku
2. It's Time for Interrogation, Princess!
3. Abyss Rage
4. Saotome Shimai wa Manga no Tame nara!
5. Summer Time Rendering

Honestly, while the concept wasn't really anything mind-blowingly unique, the placement of that color page in the middle of the chapter had a really nice impact. I wasn't expecting it, so it was a pleasant surprise to see, similar to how the color pages in Saguri-chan really made the series since they were so breathtaking. I hope more Jump+ series start taking advantage of the increased flexibility they have being published online and do more things like that
Just skimmed through it, so basically the female MC is a cosplayer?

I think I haven't shared this in MH. A Twitter thread I did last year about how Otoko Ippiki Gaki Daisho and Hiroshi Motomiya shaped Shonen Jump, and all the direct influences Motomiya had on Jump (mainly Kurumada and Tetsuo Hara). If you are interested click the first tweet (not the second tweet, the first tweet is the one which links to the english thread).


The talk of Otoko Ippiki is being too strong this week in Hokuto no Gun thanks to the first anime serial being subbed, and then I remembered I did this multi-tweet thread last year lol

PD: Despite the appearance of that last tweet (dunno why Twitter puts it there, since is from a spanish paralell Twitter thread), entire thread is in english lol. Just checked when I opened the link to see what happened.
Interesting read, thanks for this!
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I think I haven't shared this in MH. A Twitter thread I did last year about how Otoko Ippiki Gaki Daisho and Hiroshi Motomiya shaped Shonen Jump, and all the direct influences Motomiya had on Jump (mainly Kurumada and Tetsuo Hara). If you are interested click the first tweet (not the second tweet, the first tweet is the one which links to the english thread).


The talk of Otoko Ippiki is being too strong this week in Hokuto no Gun thanks to the first anime serial being subbed, and then I remembered I did this multi-tweet thread last year lol

PD: Despite the appearance of that last tweet (dunno why Twitter puts it there, since is from a spanish paralell Twitter thread), entire thread is in english lol. Just checked when I opened the link to see what happened.
“Why don’t you copy paste, twitter bad et cetera”

Goofs about others aside, i’m glad you’re passionate enough about Otoko Ippiki Gaki Daisho to talk about it so much.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,553
Reaction score
15,721
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
“Why don’t you copy paste, twitter bad et cetera”

Goofs about others aside, i’m glad you’re passionate enough about Otoko Ippiki Gaki Daisho to talk about it so much.
Hokuto no Gun subbing the anime is really helping a lot. These last days I've been seeing some people watching and discovering it and becoming interested.

A pity that Shueisha usually acts like Jump started in 1980.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I think I haven't shared this in MH. A Twitter thread I did last year about how Otoko Ippiki Gaki Daisho and Hiroshi Motomiya shaped Shonen Jump, and all the direct influences Motomiya had on Jump (mainly Kurumada and Tetsuo Hara). If you are interested click the first tweet (not the second tweet, the first tweet is the one which links to the english thread).


The talk of Otoko Ippiki is being too strong this week in Hokuto no Gun thanks to the first anime serial being subbed, and then I remembered I did this multi-tweet thread last year lol

PD: Despite the appearance of that last tweet (dunno why Twitter puts it there, since is from a spanish paralell Twitter thread), entire thread is in english lol. Just checked when I opened the link to see what happened.
stop advertising your twitter bro
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
MangaPlus decided to not pick this up, but Shonen Jump+ just started a new ecchi (possibly harem per Color Page) manga 2.5-Jigen no Yuuwaku (2.5-dimensional Seduction). Chapter 1 already has 156 comments on the service after just 1 day, and is the Top 1 popular manga there right now.


ERO SENSES TINGLING
 

El Jacco

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 31, 2019
Messages
342
Reaction score
2,920
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
MangaPlus decided to not pick this up, but Shonen Jump+ just started a new ecchi (possibly harem per Color Page) manga 2.5-Jigen no Yuuwaku (2.5-dimensional Seduction). Chapter 1 already has 156 comments on the service after just 1 day, and is the Top 1 popular manga there right now.


We still should be getting a new series from this month round in MangaPlus, specially because we didn't get anything from the May round.
And yeah, it seems they aren't trying to get any ecchi series on MangaPlus which is a bummer because I don't think an ecchi series should be relegated.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
We still should be getting a new series from this month round in MangaPlus, specially because we didn't get anything from the May round.
And yeah, it seems they aren't trying to get any ecchi series on MangaPlus which is a bummer because I don't think an ecchi series should be relegated.
The next upcoming Jump+ manga is ecchi as well so that is a nope for MangaPlus I guess...
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
there's controversy about this manga in the JP community
a lot of people think the author is Haruto Ikezawa (Kurogane, Mononofu, Noah's Notes) using a pen name
I can actually kind of see it. That brown haired girl on the left of the promo pink has both a similar hairstyle and especially similar eye design as the gyaru from Noah's Notes
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
there's controversy about this manga in the JP community
a lot of people think the author is Haruto Ikezawa (Kurogane, Mononofu, Noah's Notes) using a pen name
Isn't Ikezawa hated because of his shit-talking of Jump mangaka years ago?
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
there's controversy about this manga in the JP community
a lot of people think the author is Haruto Ikezawa (Kurogane, Mononofu, Noah's Notes) using a pen name
Besides the Haruto Ikezawa thing, why though? Because of him? I would never imagine a rom-com (harem in the next chapters) with a cosplaying female MC would be controversial. This is not even close to some really controversial things like World's End Harem which is on a thin line of ****** and manga.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Besides the Haruto Ikezawa thing, why though? Because of him? I would never imagine a rom-com (harem in the next chapters) with a cosplaying female MC would be controversial. This is not even close to some really controversial things like World's End Harem which is on a thin line of ****** and manga.
As I mentioned, Ikezawa is infamously...exceptionally rude and conceited, especially with his infamous comments regarding Medaka Box and how, if he could, he would exercise his rights to have the manga canceled, while outright referencing the plothread concerning Eiji from Bakuman (a comment which, in retrospect, is honestly kind of hilarious).
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
As I mentioned, Ikezawa is infamously...exceptionally rude and conceited, especially with his infamous comments regarding Medaka Box and how, if he could, he would exercise his rights to have the manga canceled, while outright referencing the plothread concerning Eiji from Bakuman (a comment which, in retrospect, is honestly kind hilarious).
people are arguing if it's really him and why is he using a pen name
discussion about the manga itself are normal
Never knew about that, interesting. Would be such a sharp manga genre change. Maybe he is fed up with shonen action manga?
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
As I mentioned, Ikezawa is infamously...exceptionally rude and conceited, especially with his infamous comments regarding Medaka Box and how, if he could, he would exercise his rights to have the manga canceled, while outright referencing the plothread concerning Eiji from Bakuman (a comment which, in retrospect, is honestly kind of hilarious).
he said Jump wouldn't cancel Medaka because otakus buy the volumes and he can write something better than Medaka but Jump won't give him a chance
he said if he was Eiji from Bakuman he would cancel Hitman Reborn
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
he said Jump wouldn't cancel Medaka because otakus buy the volumes and he can write something better than Medaka but Jump won't give him a chance
he said if he was Eiji from Bakuman he would cancel Hitman Reborn
Wow, he's an even bigger dick than I thought.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
So JC Staff has 4 animes airing next season and the season right after that is SnS S4. RIP.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top