Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Weird that nobody brings One Piece into these arguments like back in the Big 3 days.
all one piece fans are brick walls to talk to so its pointless to bring them up.

Additionally, Yuki Tabata crafted a story that is just way more immersive, exciting, and understandable than One Piece, HeroAca, and other manga are. Oda cant generate any bit of excitement for beans.
 

Aeneas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
3,995
Country
Italy
Excitement for beans.

I gotta add that one to my repertoire.
 

Felcis

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2007
Messages
150
Reaction score
243
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
One of the first pages of ch1 showed a female samurai, Yasha, master of Daruma. I guess I don't need to say more.
Gawd, I didn't even remember that part. Goes to show how good the series is at keeping my attention. Hopefully this legit either means GirlXGirl-"couples" or male "princesses" (though I still really dislike the concept, especially with that name...).
Yasha has a great design, btw... The artist sure knows how to draw well, despite his eagerness to clutter the panels...

My defense is not totally only at you, but mostly at people like Spectre, who each weak repeat the same thing, how bad, how boring, etc the series is and how he can't understand how someone can like it. Obviouslyl he haven't heard of different taste and that his opinion is not a fact.
As a sporadic MH-visitor I can't much judge the intensity of the "hate", but I still don't see anything unusual with weekly criticism, especially with a series that does ride on high-expectations.
But, as a wise man already mentioned, you are free to complain about complain-y people and thus everyone can be happy, I guess.

(Granted, it does make things harder for people like me who mostly wanna quickly find the relevant information like ToCs and stuff... orz)
 
Last edited:

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,719
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Jesus, this thread has become too monotone. All this Samurai 8 meaningless discussion is already boring.

Let's talk to some other interesting stuff. Who did watch Yu-gi-oh anime in its original way (japanese opening, japanese ost, japanese voices, subs), and who did watch Yu-gi-oh anime in the 4kids version that was so popular worldwidely in early-2000?

Heck, I'd say Yu-gi-oh has been the last Jump anime to be aired in practically all-world (well, maybe Naruto, but for example, it came late and very incomplete in Spain, so almost nobody noticed it).
 

SalesNerd69

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 23, 2019
Messages
196
Reaction score
211
Age
28
Country
India
How come WSJ chapters are fully translated and out 2.5 days before they are posted on M+ or Viz for official translations but something like DBS isn't? I know V-Jump isn't that big but DBS is a huge brand name , is v-jump magazine just more careful about leaks or what? And what gets me is that before the wholw $1.99 per month deal came out for shonen jump app, the v-jump chapters would leak fully days before ala wsj chapters but now thats ceased
 

OniluapL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2012
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,341
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Is DBS still scanlated? Maybe people just don't care now that it's freely available.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Much of the issue with S8 is simply one of expectations. There was so much riding on the manga, and yet, when Chapter 1 came out, my response was "That's it?". Feeling the series hasn't been living up to the insane standards its set for itself is more or less the underlying theme behind all my, and I suspect everyone's, complaints surrounding the manga.
I have a two questions for you.

1. Is there anything you enjoy about the series?

2. Assuming the series continues to disappoint you, at what point will you stop reading it?
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Jesus, this thread has become too monotone. All this Samurai 8 meaningless discussion is already boring.

Let's talk to some other interesting stuff. Who did watch Yu-gi-oh anime in its original way (japanese opening, japanese ost, japanese voices, subs), and who did watch Yu-gi-oh anime in the 4kids version that was so popular worldwidely in early-2000?

Heck, I'd say Yu-gi-oh has been the last Jump anime to be aired in practically all-world (well, maybe Naruto, but for example, it came late and very incomplete in Spain, so almost nobody noticed it).
The subs, I have watched the OG, GX and 5DS. Good times, before they complicated the game itself a lot now with Pendulum and Link.
Also sad that your post is ignored, which means nobody watched the anime, which I find iconic in my personal opinion.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Is DBS still scanlated? Maybe people just don't care now that it's freely available.
yeah on Manga Plus, i still read it whenever it shows up.
How come WSJ chapters are fully translated and out 2.5 days before they are posted on M+ or Viz for official translations but something like DBS isn't? I know V-Jump isn't that big but DBS is a huge brand name , is v-jump magazine just more careful about leaks or what? And what gets me is that before the wholw $1.99 per month deal came out for shonen jump app, the v-jump chapters would leak fully days before ala wsj chapters but now thats ceased
why would someone pay early raw for one series?
Maybe there is an incentive now since Boruto will be on that magazine
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,719
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
The subs, I have watched the OG, GX and 5DS. Good times.

I've watched almost all the YGO series except Zexal and half of Arc-V and another half of VRAINS. Nothing like the OG though.

I swear, 4Kids has done the most damage something has done to a Jump anime ever. When almost everybody calls Osiris ''Slifer'' because 4Kids wanted to rename Yugi's egyptian God as their executive producer :emobirb
 

SalesNerd69

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 23, 2019
Messages
196
Reaction score
211
Age
28
Country
India
Is DBS still scanlated? Maybe people just don't care now that it's freely available.
A few scans come out the night before like 4-5 pages worth but thats it. Before the whole chapter would come out raw and people would do summaries
 

zygmunt95

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 25, 2019
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Age
30
Country
France
Does anyone know how much manga sales outside of japan ? I know that it's like 1% of japan per series but do you have the number ?
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
I have a two questions for you.

1. Is there anything you enjoy about the series?

2. Assuming the series continues to disappoint you, at what point will you stop reading it?
I actually like a lot of the ideas Kishi has mentioned planning to tackle in interviews. Shame the way things are playing out makes those ideas feel so aimless and uninspired.

Once the series loses relevancy and drops in the TOC, I'll stop reading it. Until then, I'll continue to keep up to date.
 

TxxT

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2018
Messages
563
Reaction score
2,476
Country
Japan
Much of the issue with S8 is simply one of expectations. There was so much riding on the manga, and yet, when Chapter 1 came out, my response was "That's it?". Feeling the series hasn't been living up to the insane standards its set for itself is more or less the underlying theme behind all my, and I suspect everyone's, complaints surrounding the manga.
You complain about S8 on literally every page😹😹😹will you ever talk about something else or...
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Once the series loses relevancy and drops in the TOC, I'll stop reading it. Until then, I'll continue to keep up to date.
If I buy a sandwich, and that sandwich has feces in it, I'm not going to continue eating it.

So, my question is, why continue reading it if you don't like it? Why does relevancy matter? Why does ToC placement matter?

Why continue to eat the shit sandwich?
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
If I buy a sandwich, and that sandwich has feces in it, I'm not going to continue eating it.

So, my question is, why continue reading it if you don't like it? Why does relevancy matter? Why does ToC placement matter?

Why continue to eat the shit sandwich?
Call it curiosity, I guess. Even though I don't think it's good, a part of me wants to see what happens with it.
 

SalesNerd69

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 23, 2019
Messages
196
Reaction score
211
Age
28
Country
India
Anyone have Edens Zero sales numbers?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top