Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

PluemBNK48

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
90
Reaction score
283
Age
28
Country
Thailand
Congratulations to both
The last saiyuki and Yui kamio
Both of you survived U19 club
LoL
 

TxxT

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2018
Messages
563
Reaction score
2,476
Country
Japan
They're calling it "major information" so Im guessing they'll finally be announcing the air date and the title name, it will probably be the same "major" anime info they'll release at the HQ day festival on 8/18
 

fuzzb

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 30, 2019
Messages
17
Reaction score
44
Age
46
Country
United States
People still believe the "cp for good reception" thing?


It can be popular , but saying "is popular because it got CP for good reception" ...
Do you have proof for that?
And where exactly I said that? Where I used the word "popular"? Good reception is not popularity, it may have a direct connection sometimes, but it's not the same. A movie can have good reception from both critics and audience, but to do poorly in the box office -> not popular. And also why aren't other newbies getting CPs? Why are only the popular series getting CPs?
Rain is talking about how bad the series is received, Then I comment its getting CPs for good reception. I have no idea how popular it is at the moment, but since it's getting more than 1 CP, it means it getting well received. And you jump in and start talking about popularity...
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Do you have proof for that?
And where exactly I said that? Where I used the word "popular"? Good reception is not popularity, it may have a direct connection sometimes, but it's not the same. A movie can have good reception from both critics and audience, but to do poorly in the box office -> not popular. And also why aren't other newbies getting CPs? Why are only the popular series getting CPs?
Rain is talking about how bad the series is received, Then I comment its getting CPs for good reception. I have no idea how popular it is at the moment, but since it's getting more than 1 CP, it means it getting well received. And you jump in and start talking about popularity...
Uh...you realize that "good reception" is most likely a buzzword, right? Of course Jump is going to give Samurai 8 early CP's, it's a series they were/are very invested in pushing because of Kishimoto's name value. The real reason why they're doing it though is simply just promotion.
 

fuzzb

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 30, 2019
Messages
17
Reaction score
44
Age
46
Country
United States
Uh...you realize that "good reception" is most likely a buzzword, right? Of course Jump is going to give Samurai 8 early CP's, it's a series they were/are very invested in pushing because of Kishimoto's name value. The real reason why they're doing it though is simply just promotion.
Sure, you work at Jump and know there was no good reception for S8. Every series that get early CP is just pushing, and nothing to do with good reception, right? I also bet when Jump says the total number of sales, it's just a buzzword too and real number is 3 times less.
I can agree it got more CP than normal early well received new series, but to completely diss it and label it as only push is delusional.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Sure, you work at Jump and know there was no good reception for S8. Every series that get early CP is just pushing, and nothing to do with good reception, right? I also bet when Jump says the total number of sales, it's just a buzzword too and real number is 3 times less.
I can agree it got more CP than normal early well received new series, but to completely diss it and label it as only push is delusional.
Act-Age first CP: Chapter 20. First LCP Chapter 52.
Jujutsu Kaisen first CP: Chapter 16. First LCP Chapter 29
Chainsaw Man first CP: Chapter 13. Still has yet to get an LCP.

Samurai 8 got two CP's before even hitting Chapter 10, and got a LCP at Chapter 12.

This isn't me trying again rag on Samurai 8, I know everyone's sick of that, but this is something I still feel needs to be pointed out; saying Samurai 8 has received beneficial treatment from Jump due to Kishi's name value and in spite of the mixed reception isn't just me spitballing, it's a simple fact.
 

fuzzb

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 30, 2019
Messages
17
Reaction score
44
Age
46
Country
United States
Act-Age first CP: Chapter 20. First LCP Chapter 52.
Jujutsu Kaisen first CP: Chapter 16. First LCP Chapter 29
Chainsaw Man first CP: Chapter 13. Still has yet to get an LCP.

Samurai 8 got two CP's before even hitting Chapter 10, and got a LCP at Chapter 12.

This isn't me trying again rag on Samurai 8, I know everyone's sick of that, but this is something I still feel needs to be pointed out; saying Samurai 8 has received beneficial treatment from Jump due to Kishi's name value and in spite of the mixed reception isn't just me spitballing, it's a simple fact.
Act-age was bottom dweller and was about to be cancelled. It managed to survive and pick up in reception and popularity later.
Jujutsu wasn't that well received too until 10th or so chapter and started to pick up after that, and thus it got for ch16 CP
Chainsaw was the best received from those 3 and due to that it got it in ch13.

Like I said, I agree it's more pushed that other newbies that are well received, but it's not only pushing. You are trying to completely say its not having good reception and it's only being pushed. That obviously ain't truth. Not everyone who likes the series will write on twitter... Also even if it's mixed, there is a huge difference from: 10k people love it and 1k hate it (very good reception) vs 30k loved and 30k hate it (mixed reception). Example numbers, don't take them seriously. But if you don't know those exact numbers, even if it's mixed it can still be more popular than other series.

We had other series in the past that had CP before chapter 10. And it wasn't just push...
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
Spy x Family is still going extremely strong on Shoseki:
July 29 #18
July 30 #15
July 31 #20
August 1 #15
pointing out that kny fanbook is doing extremely well after the Reprint as well
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Uh...you realize that "good reception" is most likely a buzzword, right? Of course Jump is going to give Samurai 8 early CP's, it's a series they were/are very invested in pushing because of Kishimoto's name value. The real reason why they're doing it though is simply just promotion.
I’m sure if Samurai 8 bombed right out of the gate and was doing awful, Jump would likely invest more time in the other new series that may have better reception, even if they were still will to bet their chip on S8
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
It would be funny if all these new flops survive an extra round because Food Wars, Sumo and TPN all happened to end.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,554
Reaction score
15,722
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
If I recall some convo this morning, Neverland is 6 chapters left to end current volume.

I don't see Neverland ending in this volume however, but in next one. That would mean like 15 chapters left. I totally see it being the remaning length for the manga completion.
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
If I recall some convo this morning, Neverland is 6 chapters left to end current volume.

I don't see Neverland ending in this volume however, but in next one. That would mean like 15 chapters left. I totally see it being the remaning length for the manga completion.
I jus't can't see the series ending that soon. Latest volume that came out went up to chapter 133 which was the beginning of the mini arc that ended with Emma's return in 144. One volume is 9 chapters so volume 16 will be chapters 134-142 so at the very least volume 17 will be until chapter 151, which is 6 chapters when counting from the chapter coming Monday.
The series ending in volume 18 would mean resolving all lose ends in like 10 chapters which I just can't see happening considering the current pace of the manga.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top