Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

westabyss

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2018
Messages
195
Reaction score
523
Country
Germany
overtaking it in what exactly?
I should've specified that. I am not talking about physical vs digital. I meant in terms of quality. I am already enjoying Jigokuraku, Spx X Family and probably other Manga too that i am not remembering right now like their ecchi comedies.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So, something was brought to my attention that I need to run by everyone.

Once a topic on MH exceeds 10k posts, it begins to adversely affect load times. More specifically, response times.

This topic is now over 15k posts. Now, I know the tradition in the past was to use one thread throughout the year, and create a new one for the next year.

However, I don't know if it's worth it to suffer through performance issues just because of tradition. But, I don't want to decide this alone.

Do you guys want to stick with tradition and suffer the consequences or should we create a new thread for better load/response times?
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
1000 pages or bust

honestly fine either way, though I do want to see that 1k pages
 

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,055
Reaction score
1,216
Country
United Nations
It's working fine for me. Is anyone having actual issues yet?
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
I haven't had any issues yet either and don't recall any last year so I'd be fine with just keeping it a once a year thing.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think there should be a new thread.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I don't have any performance issues right now, it is loading at the normal speed, so for me it continues like this.
Not that the forum loads the entire thread every time someone loads a page by the way, or at least it shouldn't. It would be a very bad architecture decision. Therefore I'm very skeptical to this logic.

Disclaimer: I'm a developer.
 

Thores

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2019
Messages
255
Reaction score
865
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
People seem pretty excited about the 1000 page milestone, so I'm okay to keep going in the current thread. At least until there's visible problems with it, which I haven't noticed thus far.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
So, something was brought to my attention that I need to run by everyone.

Once a topic on MH exceeds 10k posts, it begins to adversely affect load times. More specifically, response times.

This topic is now over 15k posts. Now, I know the tradition in the past was to use one thread throughout the year, and create a new one for the next year.

However, I don't know if it's worth it to suffer through performance issues just because of tradition. But, I don't want to decide this alone.

Do you guys want to stick with tradition and suffer the consequences or should we create a new thread for better load/response times?
I mean, I’m personally not experiencing any slow load times
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It's the same thing for me here, fast as ever.
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
I’m in mobile and I haven’t seen any issues with the thread so far, loading is really fast. I gotta say I do want to try and see the 1k pages on the thread since this has never been done before.
if we succeed I guess we can do what happened when I first joined MH with having several threads per year for WSJ. I know 2014 had like 8 threads which all ended after a thread reached 100 pages.
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
I have a question, if anybody would oblige:

With some established WSJ properties very likely ending in the next year, what kind of new manga would you like to see from the magazine in the near future? It could be anything, as long as you think it’ll fit the magazine.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I, too, never experienced slowdown, but one of the staff members directly responsible with the tech side of MH told me this directly, so I took his word for it, since he would know about this more than any of us would.

I guess it doesn't matter though, I feel we've gotten enough opinions for this to be settled. We'll keep this thread rolling.
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
actually, since the topic is brought up and this is related , I kinda want to ask, should we change to magazine year or stay with calendar year?

I personally want to use magazine year IF AND ONLY IF, we already get to 1000 pages by that time
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
New poll is up.

actually, since the topic is brought up and this is related , I kinda want to ask, should we change to magazine year or stay with calendar year?

I personally want to use magazine year IF AND ONLY IF, we already get to 1000 pages by that time
I honestly don't care either way.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
:twitch Stick to the annual tradition please lol.
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
actually, since the topic is brought up and this is related , I kinda want to ask, should we change to magazine year or stay with calendar year?

I personally want to use magazine year IF AND ONLY IF, we already get to 1000 pages by that time
Magazine year would make a lot more sense to me since the first issue of the new year is released a few days before the end of the year. But yeah we gotta reach the 1000 pages for that though. We’re still slightly above 2.5 pages daily to reach that before the end of the year though, even considering the number is gradually coming down.
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
I can't actually think(remember) of anything that I want an actual anime reboot,

I be general and say any anime that diverged so much from the manga that a reboot is worth it. (like what happened to fma -> fma:b)

maybe eyeshield 21(I'm kinda remembering it is slightly different, heck just do it because studio gallop? definitely didn't do justice to Murata's art)


in regards to Shaman King since it fits the criteria, Takei is stubborn so it is unlikely we will get a reboot unless he change his mind, at this point i can see flowers being animated more than a reboot (eventhough the jump anime wise won't make sense and too much would be left unexplained)


more than anything (other than actually getting an anime of some series made) are continuation for the anime that didn't had the chance to completely adapt the manga for closure ,

particularly sket dance (I just want to see some of the highlights arcs animated),
nisekoi (just make cut out the main story and make an ova on shuu x ruri lol)
 

OniluapL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2012
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,341
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm sure when we get Samurai 8 sales numbers we will get like 50 pages in a week discussing them, so 1000 is totally reachable.
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
regardless of your opinion on how s8 will/should sell, most would just apply conformation bias and or moving the goalpost, and some couldn't care less but probably will be roped in,
so... yeah, maybe


I personally don't care about how it will/should do, I'll just be caring about what it does.

I also want a very specific rare niche case to happen and s8 is a good candidate for that at the moment that is just something I'll enjoy internally.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top