- Joined
- Feb 10, 2018
- Messages
- 1,955
- Reaction score
- 4,863
- Country
-
oh, i see new poll is up, here is my response
couldn't care less
We are two, it's not worth it, gonna wait for the next batch and move on.oh, i see new poll is up, here is my response
couldn't care less
That’s a big improvement on the quality of this series’ covers, then. Glad to see it
All this shows is that Kimetsu's following mostly dwells on twitter or the marketing campaign surveys that website over others. Its still behind MHA and TPN on other platformsThis is nothing new, Kimetsu has always had a strong twitter/social media following. I very well remember Kimetsu's twitter beating BC's follower count even before the Kimetsu anime was announced.
Heroaca had worldwide trends for every other episode during its second and third season and TPN also had trended for its first episode and last episode. People always seem to forget when something gets widespread attention immediately after its over but it says a lot when episode 19 is the only episode of Kimetsu everyone ever talks about.Also its no surprise either as Kimetsu's episodes trended worldwide, episode 19 & the finale being big examples of that. I dont recall TPN/MHA having that level of success with their anime.
And to further prove this the OP official twitter account has has less followers than Kimetsu, Haikyuu and MHA. Now I'm pretty sure Kimetsu isn't more popular than OP, $21 billion franchise that has lasted for two decades, and I'm pretty sure OPs fanbase consist of more than 300k people. Always remember that Twitter is just one of many platforms available and one that only as recently as 4 years ago garnered a sizable userbase and they're still people who don't even know what it is yet have a facebook and instagram account.Just goes to show how unreliable something like twitter is to measure the popularity of something and I'm not talking about just manga but the entertainment industry overall.
I think you should consider that Bnha already was on everyone's mind because of the manga and first season. So it was expected to be a trend a few more times for the following seasons.All this shows is that Kimetsu's following mostly dwells on twitter or the marketing campaign surveys that website over others. Its still behind MHA and TPN on other platforms
Heroaca had worldwide trends for every other episode during its second and third season and TPN also had trended for its first episode and last episode. People always seem to forget when something gets widespread attention immediately after its over but it says a lot when episode 19 is the only episode of Kimetsu everyone ever talks about.
And to further prove this the OP official twitter account has has less followers than Kimetsu, Haikyuu and MHA. Now I'm pretty sure Kimetsu isn't more popular than OP and I'm pretty sure OPs fanbase consist of more than 300k people. Always remember that Twitter is just one of many platforms available and one that only as recently as 4 years ago garnered a sizable userbase and they're still people who don't even know what it is yet have a facebook and instagram account.

Can't argue with that. Though I feel its due to Anitwitter's ever growing presence as the years go on and anime companies in general being more 1:1 with fans in terms of content. Japan in general was way behind a lot of others and most of its more popular franchises only recently started twitter accounts and the very notion of an anime trending worldwide wasn't really a thing until Kemono Friends in 2017. Haikyuu didn't have worldwide trends back then neither did Kuroko and Dragonball Super didn't trend worldwide until it was nearly over.Only tpn and kny have manage to be a trend worldwide several times with only their first season.
Holy shit, AssClass was trending that much on Google? No other peak comes close...I'm not sure what we can really infer from this, but here is a google trends comparison of Kimetsu, Neverland, HeroAca, Haikyu and AssClass in Japan
This is probably the most accurate way to measure online popularity, since it doesn't really on specific social media platforms. (As long as google is as widespread in Japan as in the rest of the world.) Also maybe should add One Piece and something like Black Clover for more control.I'm not sure what we can really infer from this, but here is a google trends comparison of Kimetsu, Neverland, HeroAca, Haikyu and AssClass in Japan
It's no match for the likes of One Piece or Attack on Titan and at its peak, Naruto was above, but AssClass was indeed huge. Kuroko seems to have been close, but that's itHoly shit, AssClass was trending that much on Google? No other peak comes close...
There's also the fact that a lot of these series have abbreviations or their English names are more searched than their Japanese ones.Wait a minute. Did you use the English names? Those numbers seem way too small.
This is probably the most accurate way to measure online popularity, since it doesn't really on specific social media platforms. (As long as google is as widespread in Japan as in the rest of the world.) Also maybe should add One Piece and something like Black Clover for more control.
Wait a minute. Did you use the English names? Those numbers seem way too small.
As far as I can tell, google's algorithm takes care of those issues. When you write the japanese name, such as "鬼滅の刃 ", you are given a choice:There's also the fact that a lot of these series have abbreviations or their English names are more searched than their Japanese ones.
Oh. This is an excelent source then.As far as I can tell, google's algorithm takes care of those issues. When you write the japanese name, such as "鬼滅の刃 ", you are given a choice:
"鬼滅の刃
search term"
or
"Kimetsu no Yaiba
Manga series"
I think the first one strictly checks for the number of time those specific words were googled, while the second is a more complex algorithm that tries to take into account stuff such as abbreviations, typos, synonyms, etc. The second is likely written in English because google recognizes that I'm not japanese, but the results should be the same.
I might be wrong though
Edit: Also, those numbers can't be "small", it's all relative to each other: it checks when the peak happened and which series did it and then draws a graph based on that. "100" is the peak, the rest is all just proportions. It's not a graph that uses a unit such as "number of time this item was searched"
Edit2: I can't add One Piece because it's too high, it becomes too hard to see the difference between the other manga. On the other hand, Black Clover has the opposite issue, it's too low to be compared with those manga I've chosen
I know...Twitter follower counts dont mean a lot but I had to point out that on twitter especially Kimetsu had a strong following.All this shows is that Kimetsu's following mostly dwells on twitter or the marketing campaign surveys that website over others. Its still behind MHA and TPN on other platforms
Heroaca had worldwide trends for every other episode during its second and third season and TPN also had trended for its first episode and last episode. People always seem to forget when something gets widespread attention immediately after its over but it says a lot when episode 19 is the only episode of Kimetsu everyone ever talks about.
And to further prove this the OP official twitter account has has less followers than Kimetsu, Haikyuu and MHA. Now I'm pretty sure Kimetsu isn't more popular than OP, $21 billion franchise that has lasted for two decades, and I'm pretty sure OPs fanbase consist of more than 300k people. Always remember that Twitter is just one of many platforms available and one that only as recently as 4 years ago garnered a sizable userbase and they're still people who don't even know what it is yet have a facebook and instagram account.
I always bring up the fact that the anime announcement trended on twitter a year prior which was only like 3 seconds of footage. Kimetsu had a really big following before the anime even aired hell Rengoku trended worldwide on twitter last Saturday and animeonlies don't even know why its such a big deal.I know...Twitter follower counts dont mean a lot but I had to point out that on twitter especially Kimetsu had a strong following.