Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Illustrations by Oda Eiichiro, Horikoshi Kohei, Tabata Yuki & Miura Tadahiro Commemorating the Conclusion of Shokugeki no Soma

I swear, every time Oda draws another creators characters in his style, it always comes out horrifying.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,547
Reaction score
15,706
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
-Hero Academia cover next issue
-Hero Academia 2nd spinoff special chapter
-Potentially Hero Academia cover in December again for the movie
-4th popularity poll results soon
-Anime S4
-Movie 2
-3 manga spinoffs (one of them has already 60 chapters, and other one ended with like +100 chapters).
-2 databooks
-4 light novels

Do you guys think Hero Academia has became the main 2010s Jump franchise? I mean, is the manga of this decade with the most manga spinoffs and movies, and in Jump collab covers you see how without counting Luffy, Deku is the most important character in these covers (with Hinata).
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
-Hero Academia cover next issue
-Hero Academia 2nd spinoff special chapter
-Potentially Hero Academia cover in December again for the movie
-4th popularity poll results soon
-Anime S4
-Movie 2

Do you guys think Hero Academia has became the main 2010s Jump franchise? I mean, is the manga of this decade with the most manga spinoffs and movies, and in Jump collab covers you see how without counting Luffy, Deku is the most important character in these covers (with Hinata).
Uh...we kinda already figured that out?

I don't think anyone was really against calling MHA the face of the current era. Like, period.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,547
Reaction score
15,706
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
This is just a little speculation of my part but I think one of the reasons some people say currently ''my favorite Jump manga are Neverland and Dr.Stone'' could be because they are tired of My Hero Academia success. These same persons I see in Twitter hyping both Neverland and Dr.Stone usually tend to also ignore MHA. Again, is just a little speculation of my part.

Oh well, Dr.Stone seems it was starting to grow a fandom, but the Kimetsu phenomena has overshadowed both Dr.Stone and Neverland.

In other news, I wonder if in My Hero Academia spinoff chapter in next Jump issue we'll see the team that Deku is in (that it has already confirmed to be
Ochako and Bakugou (0% innovation there lol) under supervision of Rabbit Hero Miruko
)
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
My bad, name calling was immature.
I'm surprised that any fans generally above 18 are still with BnHA.
I mean, I still like the series, it got me into reading manga, personally. It has its flaws (like every manga does), but I like the characters, I’m interested in where the story is going, and (most importantly) I want to support the author. I like Horikoshi, especially after learning about his previous history with Jump before MHA.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

This is just a little speculation of my part but I think one of the reasons some people say currently ''my favorite Jump manga are Neverland and Dr.Stone'' could be because they are tired of My Hero Academia success. These same persons I see in Twitter hyping both Neverland and Dr.Stone usually tend to also ignore MHA. Again, is just a little speculation of my part.

Oh well, Dr.Stone seems it was starting to grow a fandom, but the Kimetsu phenomena has overshadowed both Dr.Stone and Neverland.

In other news, I wonder if in My Hero Academia spinoff chapter in next Jump issue we'll see the team that Deku is in (that it has already confirmed to be
Ochako and Bakugou (0% innovation there lol) under supervision of Rabbit Hero Miruko
)
Three words: Crunchyroll Anime Awards.
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
This is just a little speculation of my part but I think one of the reasons some people say currently ''my favorite Jump manga are Neverland and Dr.Stone'' could be because they are tired of My Hero Academia success. These same persons I see in Twitter hyping both Neverland and Dr.Stone usually tend to also ignore MHA. Again, is just a little speculation of my part.

Oh well, Dr.Stone seems it was starting to grow a fandom, but the Kimetsu phenomena has overshadowed both Dr.Stone and Neverland.

In other news, I wonder if in My Hero Academia spinoff chapter in next Jump issue we'll see the team that Deku is in (that it has already confirmed to be
Ochako and Bakugou (0% innovation there lol) under supervision of Rabbit Hero Miruko
)
Just wait until people jump on the KNY hate-bandwagon and say it's the worst thing since Hitler. Anytime anything gets popular it automatically gets a hater base.
 

pamuchi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
3,654
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico
I mean, I still like the series, it got me into reading manga, personally. It has its flaws (like every manga does), but I like the characters, I’m interested in where the story is going, and (most importantly) I want to support the author. I like Horikoshi, especially after learning about his previous history with Jump before MHA.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Three words: Crunchyroll Anime Awards.
Who are likely to become the winners?
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
people can like or hate a series for their own personal reasons or for no reason at all, some can come to dislike a series after some time, or to follow it forever.

I myself don't let other people or other external affect my enjoyment of a series, nor dictate other on why and how the should enjoy/hate a series.

I sometimes would give suggestions for series I enjoy and have other people or other external factors direct me to new series that I could potentially enjoy.

if people enjoyed a series I don't like, i can understand it, and if a person hated a series i like i can understand it.

no series is perfect because nothing is.

I would correct people on the factual objectives aspect, but anything subjective is ultimately up to their own, I can give my opinion on it but that's it. I can't & won't force my opinion to others so they would agree with me.

ultimately I don't care about others and let me myself and others be themselves. I would still change over time since I'm still human & my opinion on some series/aspects of a series can change in the future.

but hey, that is just my opinion at the moment
 

supercow297

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
665
Reaction score
745
Country
United States
people can like or hate a series for their own personal reasons or for no reason at all, some can come to dislike a series after some time, or to follow it forever.

I myself don't let other people or other external affect my enjoyment of a series, nor dictate other on why and how the should enjoy/hate a series.

I sometimes would give suggestions for series I enjoy and have other people or other external factors direct me to new series that I could potentially enjoy.

if people enjoyed a series I don't like, i can understand it, and if a person hated a series i like i can understand it.

no series is perfect because nothing is.

I would correct people on the factual objectives aspect, but anything subjective is ultimately up to their own, I can give my opinion on it but that's it. I can't & won't force my opinion to others so they would agree with me.

ultimately I don't care about others and let me myself and others be themselves. I would still change over time since I'm still human & my opinion on some series/aspects of a series can change in the future.

but hey, that is just my opinion at the moment
I agree with not letting others' opinions impact you but it's not right to have such a wishy washy stance overall. I dislike statements such as "No series is perfect" "it's just fiction" etc. as if all discussion is necessarily invalidated.

You said you can "understand" but I literally fail to understand any appeal to BNHA and TPN recently besides the spectacles of action. If that's all people claim they're good for than I would accept that.

I love KnY and I love that it's blowing up. Although I'm sure others will start to jump on the hate train, I like that's not why I dislike BNHA and TPN. It's because their arcs got worse.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Teennitro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2019
Messages
611
Reaction score
879
Age
30
Country
Fire Nation
-Hero Academia cover next issue
-Hero Academia 2nd spinoff special chapter
-Potentially Hero Academia cover in December again for the movie
-4th popularity poll results soon
-Anime S4
-Movie 2
-3 manga spinoffs (one of them has already 60 chapters, and other one ended with like +100 chapters).
-2 databooks
-4 light novels

Do you guys think Hero Academia has became the main 2010s Jump franchise? I mean, is the manga of this decade with the most manga spinoffs and movies, and in Jump collab covers you see how without counting Luffy, Deku is the most important character in these covers (with Hinata).
In a interview Oda called horikoshi the face of the next generation of jump
View media item 23047
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
no series can be perfect, and that just it, a fact.
as series can be considered perfect by someone, and I can understand that too.

doesn't mean Discussions should stop there.

while I personally don't care about discussion, i just read a series to read it. but that is just my way of experiencing a series.

call it short sighted or not trying to explore more in reading, but that is just my way.

if you like a series, you can talk about how you find some aspects of it is good, it could be more about the technical aspect or even just be ones opinion.

if someone don't like a series anymore they can express their thoughts on it and just dropped it if it passed theirs limit.

you might get someone to change their mind, or it won't do a thing. whether its on you or them is well... up for debate.

don't get why people like/dislike a series? , try asking people who do why, if their reasoning doesn't make sense to you, try asking more people, you might eventually see someone's reasoning, or you just might never understand why someone could like/dislike something.

like i said, people can have their own opinion and I can have mine, I might be able to change their opinion and vice versa.

*shrug*
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,547
Reaction score
15,706
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
That Neverland color spread has given me the same vibes as Death Note final chapters.
 

supercow297

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
665
Reaction score
745
Country
United States
You really don't get what subjective opinions are, do you? You just think you're right about everything to the point of outright attacking those who disagree with you, and do zero to remotely improve your attitude or better yourself.

The reason behind what Curious said is because you have an extremely one-sided attitude towards virtually everything people talk about, and you refuse to engage in a debate and listen to what they say because it isn't your perception of the world it's adhearing to.

I understand that I've screwed pretty badly in the past, but the thing about me is that I've made an effort to improve myself and listen to what others have said to me (as long as it isn't mindless insults). You have an utter refusal to do any of that, refuse to listen even when people try to reason with you, and you continue to mock and show disdain to people at every turn. And the result is that, while some dislike me, everyone here dislikes you.

You're alone, Supercow, and you always will be.
The sheer amount of projection in this. Grow up lmao

Anyway, looking forward to seeing how TPN wraps up and what the promise entails.
 

Ctkk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2019
Messages
692
Reaction score
874
Country
Highgarden
Illustrations by Oda Eiichiro, Horikoshi Kohei, Tabata Yuki & Miura Tadahiro Commemorating the Conclusion of Shokugeki no Soma

Horikoshi going almost as lewd as Miura XD.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top