Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

supercow297

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
665
Reaction score
745
Country
United States
just sounds like willful ignorance to me
Nope. Just not getting any good answers, and my bar is set relatively low. Go ahead and let me know what you like about them, I won't argue.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

There is no "hate-bandwagon", there is a series getting popular and more people realizing it exists. The probability of finding people who don't like it is greater. It is just Statistics. Anybody has the right to like or dislike anything and comment about it, people that get offended by that and want to shut down people's opinions is what should review their concepts. We are talking about manga series, not their families. XD
Oh no, there definitely is a hate bandwagon. Even fans from before can dislike a new fanbase and in the worst case it burns them out on the series. I'm not quite burned out but it always somewhat lowers my enjoyment of JoJo when no matter where I go there's always "le funneh JoJo meme!! Haha isn't Dio funny OHHH MAAAA GOOODD". That kind of popularity can really get at the older fanbase.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Basically what we can get from this page is Kubo saying Hori's manga is popular with kids.
Is Ichigo wearing the UA uniform lmao.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,560
Reaction score
5,411
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I wanted to see Kubo's take on the girls instead of Bakugou....
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Nope. Just not getting any good answers, and my bar is set relatively low. Go ahead and let me know what you like about them, I won't argue.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Oh no, there definitely is a hate bandwagon. Even fans from before can dislike a new fanbase and in the worst case it burns them out on the series. I'm not quite burned out but it always somewhat lowers my enjoyment of JoJo when no matter where I go there's always "le funneh JoJo meme!! Haha isn't Dio funny OHHH MAAAA GOOODD". That kind of popularity can really get at the older fanbase.
--- Double Post Merged, ---



Basically what we can get from this page is Kubo saying Hori's manga is popular with kids.
Is Ichigo wearing the UA uniform lmao.
Pretty sure that's supposed to be Kubo's take on Bakugou.

With this interview, Hori has done interviews with all of the previous era's Big 3. If that doesn't tell you his standing among the current crop of mangakas, I don't know what is....
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
I have no idea if that’s Kubo’s take on Bakugo or of he just drew Ichigo in a UA outfit. Though I’m more happy at the fact that at this point, Horikoshi has interviewed with (or at least talked to) the authors of the Big Three era.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I wanted to see Kubo's take on the girls instead of Bakugou....
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Pretty sure that's supposed to be Kubo's take on Bakugou.

With this interview, Hori has done interviews with all of the previous era's Big 3. If that doesn't tell you his standing among the current crop of mangakas, I don't know what is....
Damn, exact same time.
 

Konja9

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2015
Messages
472
Reaction score
451
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
There isn't much space at the top so midtier and I don't think it will go below that anytime soon.
The midtier for the first chapter is risky.

I mean Saiyuki and Kamio Yui were midtier in their first chapter, but these end up falling pretty fast.


PS: To be exact, the first chapter of Saiyuki and Kamio Yui were in the top 6 (the last of the top 6, but still).
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Pretty sure that's supposed to be Kubo's take on Bakugou.
What? >_>

I haven't read the translation, but going by looks, that's 100% Ichigo.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,331
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Geez, it's like a whole secondary magazine worth of content on Manga+ today.

4 Jump SQ series
Zumou epilogue
I'm From Japan
Arata Primal
Hina Change

it's so nice (even if I don't read Arata I do read everything else).
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,560
Reaction score
5,411
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Nope, it is Ichigo. The side-note even says something along the lines of "Why is Ichigo wearing the U.A. school uniform?" and you can clearly see his name there.
Thanks. Good catch there.
 

Ctkk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2019
Messages
692
Reaction score
874
Country
Highgarden
That has to be Ichigo. Otherwise they would have had Horikoshi drawing someone from Bleach instead of Deku.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Geez, it's like a whole secondary magazine worth of content on Manga+ today.

4 Jump SQ series
Zumou epilogue
I'm From Japan
Arata Primal
Hina Change

it's so nice (even if I don't read Arata I do read everything else).
If only MangaPlus would pick up Kono Oto Tomare or Majo no Kaigashuu...
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
If only MangaPlus would pick up Kono Oto Tomare or Majo no Kaigashuu...
At least there's the anime for the former...

MangaPlus should really reach and pick up some of the more popular ongoing Jump+ series. I know a lot of their titles are ecchi, but there's still some things they could pick up, like Aharen-san. I bet that could see some success.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
At least there's the anime for the former...

MangaPlus should really reach and pick up some of the more popular ongoing Jump+ series. I know a lot of their titles are ecchi, but there's still some things they could pick up, like Aharen-san. I bet that could see some success.
Muto to Satou, It's Time for Interrogation Princess!, Boukyaku Battery, Tokedase! Mizore-chan, Hidarikiki no Eren, Psycho Against...and the list goes on.
Dorei Yuugi is also in the vein of Abyss Rage (though it had some nudity parts)
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Is this the whole interview?

Nice to see Kubo drawing stuff.
Also, I'm fairly sure the MHA in the middle was his idea. He does that all the time.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

With this interview, Hori has done interviews with all of the previous era's Big 3. If that doesn't tell you his standing among the current crop of mangakas, I don't know what is....
Didn't Nakano himself state that this is MHA era?
If your magazine's chief editor says that, then it can't be negated by anyone else.
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
Now that’s an epilogue worthy of being Hinomaru’s last chapter, and a very beautiful to boot. This one sure was more fulfilling and really gave the story a proper sense of closure, it had everything one as a fan of the series could ask for. Thank you Kawada for such a great story this last 5 years and looking forward for your next project.
PD: Jinou-sama will now haunt me on my nightmares as well
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
That HZ ending really was perfect. Tied up all loose ends, gave laughs, satisfying. Shame it couldn’t have got the extra two chapters in Jump to finish in the magazine (Not like anything worthwhile took its place), but oh well. Perfect run from start to finish and never dragged on. You did us all proud Kawada <3. All the best for the future.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top