Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Question time:

Do you think Boku no Hero can become a million seller?
 

Ctkk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2019
Messages
692
Reaction score
874
Country
Highgarden
That HZ ending really was perfect. Tied up all loose ends, gave laughs, satisfying. Shame it couldn’t have got the extra two chapters in Jump to finish in the magazine (Not like anything worthwhile took its place), but oh well. Perfect run from start to finish and never dragged on. You did us all proud Kawada <3. All the best for the future.
Literally nothing took its place. The magazine was running with one less series for a few issues IIRC.
 

OniluapL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2012
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,341
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm so happy with Hinomaru's epilogue - it really was the ending i was waiting for in the magazine that got me disappointed when it didn't happen. What an amazing series.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,560
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Is this the whole interview?

Nice to see Kubo drawing stuff.
Also, I'm fairly sure the MHA in the middle was his idea. He does that all the time.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


Didn't Nakano himself state that this is MHA era?
If your magazine's chief editor says that, then it can't be negated by anyone else.
Yeah, I was sort of referring to the deabate a few pages back on whether this is MHA's era, which is just....a prepostrous proposal and isn't really up for debate.
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Horikoshi seems close with Oda, Kishimoto and Kubo and they all showered him with praises. It makes me happy to see a mangaka that went through rock bottom with two cancelled mangas having a huge hit in his third attempt, with the same series being considered a staple for this decade's manga industry. Horikoshi's come so far.

Question time:

Do you think Boku no Hero can become a million seller?
If anything, I think there's always a chance, even if it's small.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Question time:

Do you think Boku no Hero can become a million seller?
Where it's right now it terms of sales? I believe there isn't much room to grow and I think it will reach its peak and decline a little or altogether.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Question time:

Do you think Boku no Hero can become a million seller?
Not anymore, no. Unless it gets a similar growth sprout from S4. But I don't see that happening.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I think at least 10 volumes cross 1 million already? there your million seller :wooo. Just get the backlog do its job.

(yes i know exactly what he meant by a million seller)
 

4Eyes

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2015
Messages
403
Reaction score
649
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Nah, I feel like BnHA peak has passed already. I (me and myself only) think the arc covered in S4 was a pretty low point plotwise, but if the anime team can make its pacing better I'm all aboard.
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Really liked the epilogue of HZ.

No kids, tho :(
 

Neala897

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 12, 2018
Messages
3,972
Reaction score
2,639
Age
36
Country
Russian Federation
Question time:

Do you think Boku no Hero can become a million seller?
Nope. I stopped reading at Overhaul arc ( wait for anime ) but as I understood it was Kohei first big misstep. And it looks like he made similar thing in mva arc. Big fans might swallow it but broad audience is much less forgiving
Horikoshi seems close with Oda, Kishimoto and Kubo and they all showered him with praises. It makes me happy to see a mangaka that went through rock bottom with two cancelled mangas having a huge hit in his third attempt, with the same series being considered a staple for this decade's manga industry. Horikoshi's come so far.
If you ask me this is just different kind of push. Rain was right on this one. They do try to make Mha one more face of Jump. But isnt going to work. First of all because it is already is. For another see above. If they really want come close to OP they need someone that can break all the rules while at the same time being true to them
 

Ctkk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2019
Messages
692
Reaction score
874
Country
Highgarden
Nah, I'm sure we'll see dozens of anime reactors bawling their eyes out on youtube during S4. The 'broad audience' is there for that kind of stuff.
 

Brizzi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2019
Messages
184
Reaction score
582
Age
37
Country
Brazil
If I'm wrong, correct me, please. But I wonder if we'll have some "Big 3" ou Big Whatever the Number or some iconic series that cause a cultural impact in this era when most anime are divided by seasons. Not that being an anime who runs without hiatus is proof of anything, but it seems to me the biggest series all had animes running nonstop.

I have the impression that being made separated by seasons makes people forget them while they're on hiatus. I don't know, it can be a wrong impression and I'm judging by Brazil standards, where Dragon Ball, Saint Seiya and Naruto keep being these iconic series that anyobody knows, even the ones that have no contact with anime whatsoever.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
If I'm wrong, correct me, please. But I wonder if we'll have some "Big 3" ou Big Whatever the Number or some iconic series that cause a cultural impact in this era when most anime are divided by seasons. Not that being an anime who runs without hiatus is proof of anything, but it seems to me the biggest series all had animes running nonstop.

I have the impression that being made separated by seasons makes people forget them while they're on hiatus. I don't know, it can be a wrong impression and I'm judging by Brazil standards, where Dragon Ball, Saint Seiya and Naruto keep being these iconic series that anyobody knows, even the ones that have no contact with anime whatsoever.
Not necessarily true tho. AC and Attack on Titan are seasonal. Tokyo Ghoul sold almost a million per volume and that was seasonal. Kingdom was 42 episodes or something a season and it even stopped and now almost sells a million per volume. I'm sure its initial print per volume is 1 million at the very least.
The funny thing is that Attack on Titan didn't have a second season for so long, Kingdom's anime was not popular because of the animation style they chose, Tokyo Ghoul's anime was not liked. And yet all of these still did remarkably well one way or another.
As long as the series gets out there and is something the majority will consume, it can happen. But the MAJORITY need to be in on it tho.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,055
Reaction score
1,215
Country
United Nations
As long as the series gets out there and is something the majority will consume, it can happen. But the MAJORITY need to be in on it tho.
The majority of what? I don't think there are any series out there that are followed by the majority of people, or even the majority of manga readers.

And having the majority of WSJ readers isn't enough.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,463
Reaction score
39,370
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Nah, BNHA already reached the peak in sales, if the best arcs + a movie wasn't able to do, isn't the worst arcs being animated that will make it reach 1 million...

Oh no, there definitely is a hate bandwagon. Even fans from before can dislike a new fanbase and in the worst case it burns them out on the series. I'm not quite burned out but it always somewhat lowers my enjoyment of JoJo when no matter where I go there's always "le funneh JoJo meme!! Haha isn't Dio funny OHHH MAAAA GOOODD". That kind of popularity can really get at the older fanbase.
I have to say, the whole "Crunchyroll Anime Awards" + part of the western fans being a bunch of sjw attacking Horikoshi in his own twitter because some character was drawing wearing a bikini or Endeavor was getting a development, really tested my patience with BNHA fanbase, and for a time i was getting into the "hate bandwagon" with the series but i stopped months ago, still the fanbase can get really annoying sometimes :P
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
I'm kind of busy but every time I check the ToC somehow Neverland has a cover. Must have topped One Piece this year.

And speaking of topping things, from the numbers I've been seeing it seems that Kimetsu surpassed BnHA sales. Manga, BD, popularity...And it only took 1 season. Don't play with Ufotable (imagine if the studio adapts Jujutsu).

Is Yozakura Family already being ranked?
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,552
Reaction score
11,291
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Nope. I stopped reading at Overhaul arc ( wait for anime ) but as I understood it was Kohei first big misstep. And it looks like he made similar thing in mva arc. Big fans might swallow it but broad audience is much less forgiving
????

But who are you talking about ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top