- Joined
- Mar 7, 2015
- Messages
- 12,553
- Reaction score
- 11,295
- Age
- 33
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Judging by the results, I wouldn't say ...So, is this mean Kishimoto's name alone arent enough to carry a series?
Judging by the results, I wouldn't say ...So, is this mean Kishimoto's name alone arent enough to carry a series?
First day of 2.5D just outsold 9 other Jump+ new October releases. Besides SxF Vol 2 and 2 manga based on popular things being BC Quartet and Shokugeki Letoile, which is really great for a Vol 1 only manga with a pen-name that is not of a veteran mangaka.It's not bad, to be honest. It's always up in 6th position or so in popularity rankings. It's doing better than for example Interrogation Princess, and compared to, let's say, Hina Change and Sa-chan, that got picked by M+, its performance surpasses BY FAR both. It won't sell much being it a Jump+ series nor will reach SxF level, but considering it's only 15 chapters for now, it's doing really fine. Also, having a special chapter published in WSJ is already a big deal.
Well, I was talking about print more than sales. It won't reach sales but it can most definitely reach print of 1 million by then. Same as AC.Is SxF Vol.1 still selling around 20k per week like the past months? If so then maybe, but I think together Vol.1 and 2 can reach 800k before Vol3 comes out easily, 1 Million on their own seems pretty low chance to me.
I made the mistake of not listening to this post and checking for myself12 consecutive pages of Samurai 8 zzzz
It is not hard to understand, I know it exists, I just don't see the comments here so harmful like that. People are just arguing with sound arguments.You know what anime I want on Netflix in Canada? HxH. They have it but until greed Island or something.
Is it hard for you understand the concept of bandwagoning? People, particularly the younger people, want to feel included and if the cool thing is to hate on something or someone, they join in without even giving it a genuine try. Happens all the time with music artists, movies, some sport athletes, authors, food, you name it.
But it's also clear that S8 hasn't resonated otherwise either. So, I'm not even trying to deny that. Honestly, don't really care. I don't read the series. I'm more intrigued to see how it ranks in the next few days and if its final number will have any surprises.
Well, in the Tomioka gaiden last page there was this message "expect more gaiden in the future" so he might be working on those right now.So Kimetsu no Aima ended, do you think that Hirano is going to do another spin-of (maybe a prequel about the pillars in the Kanae's era or another shinobu/tomioka story) or is he going to work in his next series(I doubt it , is too soon)?
Sa Chan is interesting. MC is not that unlikeable to me.Nobody here reads 2.5D/Sa-chan to comment on that instead I guess?
Uhhhh I'm not sure if that's a good idea. I like the idea of making polls more fun but not sure if we need to start with S8@Buranchi hey, what about giving a prize for the people that are right about S8 sale on the first week poll. Makes the discussion but more fun/comedic rather than serious judging, especially whens about S8..
It's just first day results.@Buranchi hey, what about giving a prize for the people that are right about S8 sale on the first week poll. Makes the discussion but more fun/comedic rather than serious judging, especially whens about S8..
As the new poll is up, I will post here the results of the former poll so we can compare to the Oricon results
![]()
![]()
![]()
I don't think there's been a case of this to really know but they might keep it running if it's big enough outside Japan although I assume move it to Jump+ so a series not popular in Japan wouldn't be wasting space just because it is outside Japan. Considering it hasn't even cracked 500K Views on Manga+ yet (behind Jujutsu which you'll see people bring up how unpopular it is outside Japan) I don't think Samurai 8 will be a first in this regard though.Does the sales only matter for Japan and not worldwide for let's say an manga is not well received in Japan but its selling well worldwide minus japan so will that series be allowed to continue or will that be axed soon after recovering the expenses incurred?
Honestly, we don't really know.Does the sales only matter for Japan and not worldwide for let's say an manga is not well received in Japan but its selling well worldwide minus japan so will that series be allowed to continue or will that be axed soon after recovering the expenses incurred?