- Joined
- Dec 15, 2018
- Messages
- 4,556
- Reaction score
- 4,471
- Age
- 25
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
S8 seems have been already axed lol 

since it's scans of the latest chapters ain't coming till now when it should be here 2 days earlier.
Why does he need to cater to an audience?I think I should stress that all these talks about Samurai 8 underperforming are just mere observations about how it's doing at the moment. This is Kishimoto we're talking about so he might bring readers back any moment and realize his visions for S8 while making it entertaining at the same time. However, it's clear that he needs to change his writing approach and cater more to his audiences.

Wow, so you put all the blame on the customers.The major reasons for S8 being a failure lies mostly with the readers.
1. The trash talking and hate it got for the first chapters but currently it's good but I'm sure those people ain't even reading it.
2.japanesse have a niche to sci fi that's just not their type.
3. Lack of patience which is another important reason I'm sure most readers left it after the first few chapters . There's a saying in our language that"Savr ka fal mitha hota hai" Meaning the results of patience is Sweet.
4.A part of its failure lies with kishimoto too as he did what he wanted, not knowing what the readers wanted to, even though he could bring them as his readers in future but that would be a lot of hard work .
So with all these I hate to say this but Our Beloved Japanese Have Failed to Evolve
Of course not. But it will lead to more people supporting and buying his manga. No matter how big Kishimoto is, he needs support from readers.Why does he need to cater to an audience?
That doesn't necessarily lead to greatness....
Even if I take everything back but one thing's clear that they all lack patience. The only wrong in S8 were it's first few chapters being boring but now it's getting better and might be a masterpiece in future who knowsWow, so you put all the blame on the customers.
Customers are the one who decide a product's success by their purchase decision. If they don't like it, they won't buy it.
Unless you are some kind of high-art misunderstood genius who talent won't be discovered years later (which is definitely not the case here), if your works doesn't sale, you much have done something wrong.
Is this not art?Of course not. But it will lead to more people supporting and buying his manga.

Btw it is off topic but the thing you said about customers are the one who decides the product's success but in some cases it's businessmen who decide itWow, so you put all the blame on the customers.
Customers are the one who decide a product's success by their purchase decision. If they don't like it, they won't buy it.
Unless you are some kind of high-art misunderstood genius who talent won't be discovered years later (which is definitely not the case here), if your works doesn't sale, you much have done something wrong.
Not in Jump.Btw it is off topic but the thing you said about customers are the one who decides the product's success but in some cases it's businessmen who decide it
Didnt compare the writers only that sales mean shit...when it comes to creativity.Also lmao at comparing Kishi to one of the greatest American Renaissance writer. I bet the character writing of Sakura would make Dostoevsky shed tears.
Dude what are you talking about. The Japanese are neither some ultra-intelligence ethnic group or brainless troglodytes. They’re humans like the rest of us that have individual opinions that are partially affected by they genetics and environment (I.e. culture). Plus WSJ purpose is to write enjoyable series not “high art”.Ain't the Japanese superbly talented individuals.... So can't they understand the infos....... Damn I need to change a lot of my perspectives regarding Japanese people
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And I said in some cases. But the sad thing is that they ain't me who could have even drive readers into my stuff
Go Jujutsu! HZ making out of the 30k club would be cool even if its is unlikely. Btw what chapters does CSM volume 4 cover?Just posting because... https://honto.jp/ranking/gr/bestseller_1101_1201_011_029004000000.html
Honto Daily Rankings 10/4
1. One Piece #94
2. Kimetsu no Yaiba #17
3. The Promised Neverland #16
4. Spy x Family #2
5. Jujutsu Kaisen #7
6. Koyoharu Gotoge Short Story Collection
8. Shokugeki no Soma #36
9. Black Clover #22
11. Boruto #10
12. Chainsawman#4
20. Yuuna #18
21. Hinomaru Sumo #27
43. Samurai 8 #1
57. Samurai 8 #2
Ain't the Japanese superbly talented individuals.... So can't they understand the infos....... Damn I need to change a lot of my perspectives regarding Japanese people
Functionally speaking, there is no such thing as "high art" in a modern sense.Dude what are you talking about. The Japanese are neither some ultra-intelligence ethnic group or brainless troglodytes. They’re humans like the rest of us that have individual opinions that are partially affected by they genetics and environment (I.e. culture). Plus WSJ purpose is to write enjoyable series not “high art”.
Same as any normal Vol 4. In other words Chapter 26 to 34.Go Jujutsu! HZ making out of the 30k club would be cool even if its is unlikely. Btw what chapters does CSM volume 4 cover?
That Kimetsu volume would probably do 550-600k in a month. Its gonna be insane lol
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Ain't the Japanese superbly talented individuals.... So can't they understand the infos....... Damn I need to change a lot of my perspectives regarding Japanese people
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And I said in some cases. But the sad thing is that they ain't me who could have even drive readers into my stuff
Dude, not sure if it's your intention but are you implying Japaneses are all hivemind who buy stuff because businessmen told them to. They are no different from you or me, just a random person looking for interesting stuffs to read. It's their personal freedom to choose what to read, to purchase and directly make it a bestseller.Btw it is off topic but the thing you said about customers are the one who decides the product's success but in some cases it's businessmen who decide it

Though remember that comment from him? I always got the sense that it was meant to be a short-term thing, with him just having fun with a mishmash of ideas before starting up a more mainstream serialization. Especially since it was a monthly series in Jump. And I wanna say it did 1 million copies over the 3 volumes? But I'm most likely misremembering (if that info even exists lol).Togashi (still made Level E tho)
You do realize that the discussion we are having is about how poorly Samurai 8 has done in spite of Kishi's name value and the amount of promotion, right?Their interests and willingness will be manipulated naturally
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Level E is a shitpost from Togashi reflecting his disillusionment with Jump as a system at the time. The whole thing was basically made with the intent to confuse and piss everyone off.Though remember that comment from him? I always got the sense that it was meant to be a short-term thing, with him just having fun with a mishmash of ideas before starting up a more mainstream serialization. Especially since it was a monthly series in Jump. And I wanna say it did 1 million copies over the 3 volumes? But I'm most likely misremembering (if that info even exists lol).
Yea I agree with that, was just throwing it in there cuz it was short and most likely cancelled. I did enjoy the anime adaptation tho when it came out (never read the manga).Though remember that comment from him? I always got the sense that it was meant to be a short-term thing, with him just having fun with a mishmash of ideas before starting up a more mainstream serialization. Especially since it was a monthly series in Jump. And I wanna say it did 1 million copies over the 3 volumes? But I'm most likely misremembering (if that info even exists lol).
Level E is a shitpost from Togashi reflecting his disillusionment with Jump as a system at the time. The whole thing was basically made with the intent to confuse and piss everyone off.
It definitely reads like a fever dream. Back when the anime came out, I was hoping Viz was gonna pick it up (given how short it is), but that time came and went. Though in 2011, that was when manga in the west was struggling, right? Same year they stopped doing Gintama.Yea I agree with that, was just throwing it in there cuz it was short and most likely cancelled. I did enjoy the anime adaptation tho when it came out (never read the manga).