Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I've been trying to ask this for a while, what's the difference between Jump + and mangaplus? Is Jump + available in english?
Jump+ is an app and website in Japan with original manga published on the platform, along some manga from other jump magazines. Manga plus is a app/website for the west with content from Shonen Jump, some of the Jump+ manga, and a few from Young Jump and SQ Jump.
Finally, something new on MangaPlus. Plus Torture Princess was already running and seems to be pulling in decent numbers. Again, why don’t they just do this for all of their currently running stable non-ecchi series?
There's more than 100 current manga published on Jump+. But yeah, I wish that at least more were translated.
 

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,054
Reaction score
1,214
Country
United Nations
I would like to see Young Jump, Jump SQ and maybe Ultra and saikyuu new series in the app, but there's is also the possibility of oversaturate the site.
Do all of them appear on Sunday?

Because it'd be good if they could add some more series for weekdays once the reruns are done.
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
Jump+ is an app and website in Japan with original manga published on the platform, along some manga from other jump magazines. Manga plus is a app/website for the west with content from Shonen Jump, some of the Jump+ manga, and a few from Young Jump and SQ Jump.


There's more than 100 current manga published on Jump+. But yeah, I wish that at least more were translated.
If I may ask, how many of them are ecchi, though? While there are a lot of Jump+ manga, but I notice that many of them have ecchi elements, if not are just outright ecchi. Those obviously won’t be translated.
 

TJQ15

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2019
Messages
95
Reaction score
190
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Speaking of which, I wonder if we'll get a new Jump SQ on manga+/viz anytime soon. We're now getting every WSJ series except Yuuna, and seem to get a new Jump+ manga about every month, but nothing from Jump SQ.

They were going to add Rurouni Kenshin Hokkaido to the lineup but dropped it after the scandal. I suppose World Trigger returning pretty much became Kenshin's replacement (though weirdly manga+ runs chapters of the original series).
Even before that they gotta update Hunter x Hunter, D. Gray-man and Kaguya (WYJ). All three have been there since the beginning and only D Gray-man has chapters but not up to date.
 

Kolbe

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2019
Messages
150
Reaction score
338
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Am I bipolar if (as you all know) BNHA manga isn't doing it for me, and as a whole the series is very disappointing now, but I'm hyped for S4 of the anime?
Can't think of any reason why I feel this way :zomg
The anime is better than the manga. I dislike the Overhaul Arc but I want to see the Kirishima fight animated, as Boku no Herl fights are much more interesting in the anime to me.

You're welcome
The first tweet answering this one is saying how we shouldn't take it literally though
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
Do all of them appear on Sunday?

Because it'd be good if they could add some more series for weekdays once the reruns are done.
Jump SQ is first Friday of the month (where Platinum End, Blue Exorcist, Seraph, World Trigger come from) , Young Jump is every Wednesday, Ultra Jump seems to be the 18th of every month. (times adjusted for US since you said Sunday)
 

Ctkk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2019
Messages
692
Reaction score
874
Country
Highgarden
Do you think Yuuna might end up in Jump+ if the sales keep going down but Miura wants to keep going?
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
Does anyone know all the manga on page 3, chapter 3 of Time Torture Princess? I got Jigokuraku, Blue Flag, Summer Time Rendering, and Lycopene
 

KoL2.0

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 6, 2019
Messages
37
Reaction score
35
Age
29
Country
United States
When does Oricon post they're numbers?
 

RafGL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
5,867
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Does anyone know all the manga on page 3, chapter 3 of Time Torture Princess? I got Jigokuraku, Blue Flag, Summer Time Rendering, and Lycopene



Aharen-san wa Hakarenai
Akuma no Memumemu-chan
Summer Time Rendering
Jigokuraku
Blue Flag
Abyss Rage
Dorei Yuugi
Suginami Toubatsu Koumuin: Dungeon Kinmu no Hitobito
Tomatoypoo no Lycopene
The Right Way to Make Jump!

Can't recognize more.
 

Brizzi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2019
Messages
184
Reaction score
582
Age
37
Country
Brazil
This week TOC leaks on tuesday or wednesday?
 

Ctkk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2019
Messages
692
Reaction score
874
Country
Highgarden
What did Yasuki Tanaka do before Summer Time Rendering?

Since both Horikoshi and Shibashi mention working with him.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
What did Yasuki Tanaka do before Summer Time Rendering?

Since both Horikoshi and Shibashi mention working with him.
Kagijin/my dear Hitomi no Catoblepas for Jump, Gaist Crusher for V Jump.



Aharen-san wa Hakarenai
Akuma no Memumemu-chan
Summer Time Rendering
Jigokuraku
Blue Flag
Abyss Rage
Dorei Yuugi
Suginami Toubatsu Koumuin: Dungeon Kinmu no Hitobito
Tomatoypoo no Lycopene
The Right Way to Make Jump!

Can't recognize more.
I am also seeing that cat gag Nekoda Biyori. And Slime Life. The guy on the upper right above the Blue Flag duo looks like the dude from Boukyaku Battery. Two characters from Jigokuraku in the middle, left and right from the Abyss Rage guy . I think that's it?
 
Last edited:

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
What did Yasuki Tanaka do before Summer Time Rendering?

Since both Horikoshi and Shibashi mention working with him.
could have been an assistant
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
I didn't understand, what should I read ?
Try this then, for real, even if you dont follow Gintama, you should know that Sorachi is probably the biggest troll in Jump history
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top