Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Samurai 8 still feels so overprinted compared to the things around it.
Yeah, especially when you see there are plenty of volume 1 copies behind that SXF ad. I also expect to see KNY getting another hit on Shoseki today seeing how every other store is running out of stock.
 

4Eyes

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2015
Messages
403
Reaction score
649
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Samurai 8 still feels so overprinted compared to the things around it.
Yes, and even though I don't like the series, I'm starting feel kinda sad for Kishimoto and the artist now. I think no one was expecting it to be so poorly received.
 

sakuratt91

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 4, 2017
Messages
33
Reaction score
97
Age
25
Country
Vietnam
Yes, and even though I don't like the series, I'm starting feel kinda sad for Kishimoto and the artist now. I think no one was expecting it to be so poorly received.
He is loaded and get money from print. Jump and Gotouge are the ones lost.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Now that I think about it, with Hinomaru ending, the 30k club is ended, isn't it?

The only title that could be in 30k club currently is Chainsawman, but it seems it has already surpassed it.
Can't be forgetting Kimetsu was an honorary member :3c.

My theory is Muzan used blood demon art to cannibalize the potential sales of the other three.
 

TJQ15

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2019
Messages
95
Reaction score
190
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
United States
He is loaded and get money from print. Jump and Gotouge are the ones lost.
I think Gotouge is doing quite well in the bank even with the under printing for this volume. No doubt they’re a 100 millionaire yen wise at this point.
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Shoseki Daily Ranking - 10/10

#1 One Piece 94
#2 The Promised Neverland 16
#6 Spy X Family 2
#9 Kimetsu no Yaiba 17
#12 Shokugeki no Soma 36
#13 Black Clover 22
#14 Jujutsu Kaisen 7
#18 Boruto 9
#22 Gotouge Koyoharu's Collection of Short Stories
#42 Chainsaw Man 4
#52 Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
#94 Samurai 8 1
#104 Samurai 8 2
#119 Hinomaruzumou 27
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Kimetsu's lack of stock is taking a serious hit to volume 17's sales, damn.
 

iamnightwing

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2019
Messages
98
Reaction score
193
Age
42
Country
Philippines
Shoseki Daily Ranking - 10/10

#1 One Piece 94
#2 The Promised Neverland 16
#6 Spy X Family 2
#9 Kimetsu no Yaiba 17
#12 Shokugeki no Soma 36
#13 Black Clover 22
#14 Jujutsu Kaisen 7
#18 Boruto 9
#22 Gotouge Koyoharu's Collection of Short Stories
#42 Chainsaw Man 4
#52 Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
#94 Samurai 8 1
#104 Samurai 8 2
#119 Hinomaruzumou 27
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Kimetsu's lack of stock is taking a serious hit to volume 17's sales, damn.
Wonder why they are not rushing the reprints for it....
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
The scenery looks gorgeous in the preview. I take it heroaca has gotten a new BG staff involved this time?
They did and I think it’s great.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Shoseki Daily Ranking - 10/10

#1 One Piece 94
#2 The Promised Neverland 16
#6 Spy X Family 2
#9 Kimetsu no Yaiba 17
#12 Shokugeki no Soma 36
#13 Black Clover 22
#14 Jujutsu Kaisen 7
#18 Boruto 9
#22 Gotouge Koyoharu's Collection of Short Stories
#42 Chainsaw Man 4
#52 Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
#94 Samurai 8 1
#104 Samurai 8 2
#119 Hinomaruzumou 27
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Kimetsu's lack of stock is taking a serious hit to volume 17's sales, damn.
Man, Shueisha is really about to wall Kimetsu no Yaiba out of 600k first month, huh?
 

pamuchi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
3,654
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico
But why the worry? They can announce the reprints for Volume 17 by the end of this week or next week. For sure it will affect the second week but the rest of the month it can recover very easily.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Even if they reprint those Kimetsu volumes, One Piece will still win :3c.

I say we do a poll for who's going to take the #1 spot this year, One Piece or Kimetsu. It could go either way depending on whether Kimetsu's backlog can keep up for the month of November. I think it will be fun to predict and I think someone asked for this a few pages back, not sure if the idea was rejected or not.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell

Kinda doubtful given fan base and after trending events if last chapters along boost of great animation to OP anime, OP will pull through again as it's serious for backing of the show.
This has gotten me curious, have we seen an improvement in the TV ratings for the OP anime with the Wano arc? I know the ratings for the OP anime are no where near where they were a few years back (same can be said for most of the shows we see in TV rankings). I wonder if the improved look of the OP anime is getting praised in Japan as much as we praise it.
 

pamuchi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
3,654
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico
I still can't wrap my head around the fact Kimetsu went straight from "has a chance to be in top 10" to "let's see if it can beat OP for #1 spot" in half a year. Who even saw this coming?
For me the idea that KnY could get in the 10th or 9th place was fantastic but now it's in the 2nd place. Unexpected things happen all the time,the thing is that when and how.
 

TJQ15

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2019
Messages
95
Reaction score
190
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
United States



This has gotten me curious, have we seen an improvement in the TV ratings for the OP anime with the Wano arc? I know the ratings for the OP anime are no where near where they were a few years back (same can be said for most of the shows we see in TV rankings). I wonder if the improved look of the OP anime is getting praised in Japan as much as we praise it.

It beat Detective Conan last week
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,552
Reaction score
11,289
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Yes, and even though I don't like the series, I'm starting feel kinda sad for Kishimoto and the artist now. I think no one was expecting it to be so poorly received.
Based on what I read on reddit, the first volumes were not appreciated because readers want to have fun and these first two volumes were heavy, they don't like explanations and they want a co-protagonist to complement the current one, in fact they are having more fun now
from when they embarked on the journey
that not before


Do you think the typhoon will affect next week's sales as well as the upcoming toc?
Why ? It only last one weekend
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top