Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

RingoRoadOnceMore

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 20, 2019
Messages
33
Reaction score
105
Age
32
Country
United States
Although I want Kimetsu no Yaiba to beat One Piece, I voted no because my gut disagrees with my hopes and dreams.
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
Honestly... I don’t even know anymore. Anything can happen at this point. I dunno how big or small the gap is now. I didn’t think we’d be in this situation where One Piece could actually be dethroned for a year, let alone by goddamn Kimetsu of all manga, but here we are.
 

TJQ15

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2019
Messages
95
Reaction score
190
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I mean like the average or maybe a better measure is the first few episodes of wano compared to WCI? I hardly follow TV ratings anymore.
WCI
Week 1 (4/9) - 7.9 (#4 anime wise)
Week 2 (4/16) - 5.9 (#6 anime wise)
Week 3 (4/23) - 7.2 (#4 anime wise)
Week 4 (4/30) - 6.6 (#5 anime wise)
Week 5 (5/7) - 6.8 (#3 anime wise)

Wano
Week 1 (6/23) - 6.5 (#6 anime wise)
Week 2 (6/30) - 6.3 (#4 anime wise)
Week 3 (7/7) - 5.2 (#5 anime wise)
Week 4 (7/14) - 5.3 (#4 anime wise)
Week 5 (7/21) - 6.0 (#5 anime wise)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

From my time on wrestling twitter tho, I think looking Year to year is the best way to get the best picture. Of course taking into account arc premiers, events, competition and natural disasters is always good so you can understand the context.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,547
Reaction score
15,706
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I'd love Kimetsu to beat One Piece, but I don't see it possible. I see there is just a 1% of happening.

Kimetsu volumes to run out of stock precisely in this moment (SxF has surpassed it in Shoseki rankings) make the feat even more impossible
 

Tarot

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2017
Messages
420
Reaction score
535
Country
Italy
Kimetsu has plenty of time to beat one piece.
 

Ctkk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2019
Messages
692
Reaction score
874
Country
Highgarden
Oda won't allow anybody to beat One Piece. He will force the editors to not make any KNY reprints before the ranking is out. And when One Piece is the #1 again people will only hear "Zehahahaha!!" coming out of his house.
But they're already reprinting the backlog, which is what actually matters for this.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
2.5d Seduction close to overtake Samurai 8 Vol 2

104 9784088820828 サムライ8 八丸伝 2 集英社 大久保彰 2019.10.4
107 9784088821290 2.5次元の誘惑 1 集英社 橋本悠 2019.10.4
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
My heart wants Kimetsu to beat OP but my intelligence tells me it's very difficult

Also Seduction overtaking S8 :3c
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,552
Reaction score
11,289
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Kimetsu has plenty of time to beat one piece.
But I would not say, in fact I would say the game will be this year.
 

costicla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2007
Messages
690
Reaction score
603
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Yeah, no, Kimetsu doesnt deserve to beat One Piece.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top