Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

westabyss

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2018
Messages
195
Reaction score
523
Country
Germany
One Piece - since i was like 7/8 years old, i started following the manga with like 10
HeroAca - since ch. 1, am not as enthusiastic about the Manga as at the start but still follow it almost weekly
Black Clover - since ch. 1, is on pause but i'll get back to it
Haikyuu - only saw the first season of the Anime, it was fun but i am not really feeling the itch to continue it
Kimetsu no Yaiba - since around ch. 15
Yuuna - started with the first translation, dropped around ch. 100
Neverland - started ch. 1, dropped after the Goldy Pond arc
Act Age, Jujutsu, Chainsaw - since ch. 1, reading weekly
Samurai 8 - ch. 1, dropped after ch. 6 or something
WNL - ch. 1, dropped around ch. 80
Dr. Stone - ch. 1, dropped around ch. 60
Yozakura - ch. 1, dropped ch. 3
Hunter X Hunter - the Manga was somewhere in Chimera Ant Arc when i started it

So the only thing im reading weekly is Chainsaw, Jujutsu, KnY, Act Age and HeroAca. One Piece, i read in like 3-5 chapters sittings.
 

animeexpert

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2019
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
1,269
Age
29
Country
Norway
Reading:
One Piece: since 2003 with it's german dub. Switched to the manga in 2009.
Boku no Hero Academia: since chapter 5
Kimetsu no Yaiba: since chapter 1
Yozakura Family: since chapter 1

Dropped:
The Promised Neverland: At the end of the Goldy Pond arc
Black Clover: Around chapter 150
Dr. Stone: Around chapter 100
We Never Learn: 2 months ago
Samurai 8: After chapter 2
Act Age: Around chapter 30
Jujutsu Kaisen: dropped 2 times. First time around chapter 20 and second time around chapter 40
Mitama Security: After chapter 2
Tokyo Shinobi Squa: After chapter 5

Everything else currently published in WSJ I either never started or dropped at chapter 1.
I feel you will be more interested in seinen than shonen if you dropped, THAT many shonens
 

TJQ15

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2019
Messages
95
Reaction score
190
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
United States
One Piece - around Punk Hazard (might’ve been sooner if Funimation didn’t stop at Skypeia for like 10yrs or what not)
Hunter x Hunter - caught up during the big hiatus during 2014ish, right before the Dark Continent stuff
Haikyuu!! - waiting for next anime season before I catch up
My Hero Academia - caught up around the sports festival, stopped somewhere in the 70s and caught up again around the 110s
Black Clover - right at the climax of the last arc
Demon Slayer: KnY - a little after the start of the current arc
Promised Neverland - around the start of Goldy Pond
Dr Stone - Chap 1
act age - on and off at the beginning until Viz solidified a release schedule
Jujutsu Kaisen - on and off from beginning until Viz solidified a release schedule
Chainsawman - Chap 1
Yui Kamio - Chap 1
Samurai 8 - Chap 1
TSS - Chap 1
Double Taisei - last week
Yozakura Family - Chap 1
Mitama - Chap 1

Dropped
Beast Children - started at Chap 1
WNL - never caught up
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
I am probably the only one here who hasn't read a single chapter of OP...ever. It's not that I don't want to, but I can't make myself read 900+ chapters. Maybe when I have more time, who knows.
Don't worry Jovan, I'm right there with you. Never read One Piece, and at this point, I highly doubt I'll ever have sufficient time to do it, even if I ever had the strong desire to do so
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Mitama seems to be finally getting an arc. Too bad Yozakura just did a similar one already.

Act-Age is going waaay too slow for me right now. Might put it on hold for now until more chapters are out.
 

pamuchi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
3,654
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico
MHA - right after the first season
BC - it was around episode 40 (anime) and started reading it from there
KnY - From chapter 110

On plan:
Jujutsu and act age
 

Aeneas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
3,995
Country
Italy
Japan knocked out of the Rugby World Cup.

Jump:

Also, idk what's going on with that Taisei ending.
 

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,055
Reaction score
1,217
Country
United Nations
So I guess Double Taisei is taking place in the far future now.

Seriously, why even put a date on there if you're not gonna explain it. And I would've accepted "Oh, the stonemason made a typo" too.



Don't worry Jovan, I'm right there with you. Never read One Piece, and at this point, I highly doubt I'll ever have sufficient time to do it, even if I ever had the strong desire to do so
You know you don't HAVE to read the entire thing, right? You can easily just try a few chapters and quit after the first or second arc. The different story lines are pretty self-contained (especially in the beginning), so it won't leave you on a cliffhanger.
 

TxxT

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2018
Messages
563
Reaction score
2,476
Country
Japan
Boruto Super Stage Announced for Jump Festa '20
(12/21-12/22)

Confirmed Super Stages
-One Piece
-Haikyu!!
-My Hero Academia
-Kimetsu no Yaiba
-The Promised Neverland
-Black Clover
-Dr.STONE
-New Prince of Tennis
-Boruto

(3 more stages left) :derp
-???
-???
-???

Voice Actors/performers will be announced in future WSJ issues
 

Konja9

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2015
Messages
472
Reaction score
451
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
Mitama seems to be finally getting an arc. Too bad Yozakura just did a similar one already.

Act-Age is going waaay too slow for me right now. Might put it on hold for now until more chapters are out.
I have similar feelings about Act-Age.

In itself, I find the story pretty good and interesting, but the events are progressing very slowly (to the point that it is frustrating).
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
You know you don't HAVE to read the entire thing, right? You can easily just try a few chapters and quit after the first or second arc. The different story lines are pretty self-contained (especially in the beginning), so it won't leave you on a cliffhanger.
I never skip chapters of a manga no matter what, so it's a no from me.

I have similar feelings about Act-Age.

In itself, I find the story pretty good and interesting, but the events are progressing very slowly (to the point that it is frustrating).
Last 3 chapters together are basically something I would have seen in one chapter of a monthly manga. Not really surprised as to why it isn't having more momentum on TOC right now, there is too much buildup. I found it okay 5-8 chapters ago, but now?
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
15,717
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
With almost 10 chapters already....

¿David or Miitama?
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Another amazing chapter of Double Taisei. Please survive. PLEASE.
That last page got me massively hyped for the upcoming chapter. I definitely wasn't expecting that twist at the end, so I hope we get to see some more glorious shenanigans for a few more weeks. It definitely feels like next week won't be the final chapter of the series, so I'd imagine we'll have at least 2 more chapters for Double Taisei.

With almost 10 chapters already....

¿David or Miitama?
Hands down David-kun. The first chapter of Miitama was alright this week, but the second one really fell flat for me. David-kun I thought was consistently funnier than Miitama, after factoring out all of the pee jokes.
 

TJQ15

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2019
Messages
95
Reaction score
190
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
United States
With almost 10 chapters already....

¿David or Miitama?
I really liked the first 10 chapters or so of David but after that I didn’t really mesh that well with the direction.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top