- Joined
- Oct 29, 2019
- Messages
- 334
- Reaction score
- 1,337
- Age
- 32
- Country
-
Someone else think it is taking a while for Act-Age to have a popularity poll? Practically every Jump series that lasted more than a year had an one.
There are double issues as well and Jump needs a period of time so they can print the copies and send them out to the bookstores so that tightens the schedule. In my opinion, it would be much healthier to release volume 95 in February.How weird. The series feels like it could be approaching the end, but one chapter is very little to wrap up all the loose ends.
Oda takes a break every four weeks, so that's 39 chapters a year. If they throw in some extras, four volumes should be feasible (just).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Yeah, JJK had one not too long ago, maybe (hopefully) AA will get one in the following months.Someone else think it is taking a while for Act-Age to have a popularity poll? Practically every Jump series that lasted more than a year had an one.
How sure are you, tho?Articles and interviews from mangaka and publishers that tries to educate creators on what rights they do have.
Except it's exactly how it works in the Japanese publishing world. Publishers are licensed out distribution of specific chapters and volumes from the creator, but not the IP. Primary ownership always resides with the creator.
I think this only happened with really popular mangakas.Doesn't Shueshia pay their mangaka a yearly salary even when they have no series running? Because that could also be a reason to stay.
Fair, but OP is still doubling what kimetsu receives.I can understand why you would think One piece can't be dethroned, it's my favourite running manga so I have a hard time believing it myself, but the fact is that Kimetsu just had a week of over 700K while OP had a week of 70K, Kimetsu looks to be keeping this momentum in this week, and in the week when both volumes came out, one piece had an edge of 300K.
It looks like in the upcoming month, if this sales speed keeps up, Kimetsu can add ~2.5M copies to it's sales and surpass One piece by quite a wide margin(close to a million).
I completely agree about One piece being the best ever selling manga, there is no doubt about it, yet looking at it having 3 volumes alone this year and I will be generous, let's say they all sold 2.7M each although they dropped at 2.2M and even add 1M of backlogs for all volumes and it will reach 9M or a bit more.Fair, but OP is still doubling what kimetsu receives.
That case was also for attack and titan but that didn't happen either. One piece is the greatest manga in sales.. in history. From every manga that existed, I don't believe even kny can beat that. Either the manga has to come from heaven to believe it (not literally lol) or It only if it HAPPENDS.
If it happends, I gonna make a gif of myself eating a sock
Bakuman mentioned an annual salary for rookies (ch 35). Though I don't know how reliable that is.I think this only happened with really popular mangakas.
I think regular mangaka is only pay by the pages they create.
Kimetsu before anime just had mediocre sales (about 150k). And last year, it just ranked 24 on top best - selling manga. AoT had been already famous before anime.AoT nearly beating One Piece will always be more impressive than Kimetsu actually doing it. Those were near OP's peak years right before sales started rapidly declining in 2015. Beating it in 2019 is like knocking out an out-of-shape heavyweight champion.
I think the same. Even Jujutsu had already a popularity poll in chapter 50s. Meanwhile Act-age is almost in chapter 90 and still nothing.Someone else think it is taking a while for Act-Age to have a popularity poll? Practically every Jump series that lasted more than a year had an one.
You meant this?How sure are you, tho?
Some links would help.
Someone posted about this before about how Togashi seems to be the sole authority when it comes to HxH. But most others, for example Bleach, Kubo and Shueisha are both involved.
I'm sure someone who isn't lazy and has links readily available can post those again.
There are web-based or foreign publishers that have different contracts, but by and large most big manga publishers in Japan follow the same standard.How sure are you, tho?
Some links would help.
Someone posted about this before about how Togashi seems to be the sole authority when it comes to HxH. But most others, for example Bleach, Kubo and Shueisha are both involved.
I'm sure someone who isn't lazy and has links readily available can post those again.
・・・って、おいおい。ぶっちゃけ、現在より作家側が有利になっているような?(笑)
- Q : 作家が出版社とケンカしたら、どうなるの?
- A : 作家側が、それ以降の重版や電子化を止めさせることが出来ます。(作家大勝利)
- Q : 他の出版社で再出版するとき、前の出版社の許諾は必要ですか?
- A : 原則として必要ありません。(作家大勝利)
- Q : 2次創作同人誌はどうなる?
- A : 「(仮)出版物に係る権利」との関係で、同人誌が問題になることは原則としてありません。(同人作家大勝利)
実際には、今も上と同じ権利があるにはあるのですが、こうして改めて明文化されると、「この事実を知らなかった作家が、改めて知るようになる」じゃないですか。すると、「今の出版社が気に入らないから、他の出版社に行こうっと!」とかいう作家が増えませんかねコレ?(^^)
Jump contract is given to most serialized Jump authors, including newbies. Tsukuda has mentioned before that the money helped him get by during his time between Shounen Shikku and Souma.I think this only happened with really popular mangakas.
I think regular mangaka is only pay by the pages they create.
I take it this proposed amendment is already passed into law?This is from back during the "controversial" proposed amendment to the digital manga copyright in 2012.
No, that version failed to pass. But a similar one that Akamatsu helped lobby for did.I take it this proposed amendment is already passed into law?
Yeah, I first noticed it in the Viz digital magazine (when they were doing that).I thought it was a joint ownership for most series. That's why if you look at the copyright pages in any of the crossover games it credits the author(s) and Shueisha with a few exceptions (Togashi is the only one I can remember).
Aaaaalthough it's not the first time for Arata to bring up only 2 ID's, it's indeed not the usual. Honestly, given the fact M+ is pulling some new series (and still some more have to pop up yet) and the development of the series, it wouldn't be weird to think it's actually ending.As I suspected. Per MangaPlus IDs for Arata Primal, it seems to be potentially ending next week. Only 2 new IDs, 1 filled today. Usually it is from 3-5 since it is a weekly series.
@RafGL probably knows more than I do.