Gildarts & Zeref vs. Acnologia? Who wins?

  • Gildarts & Zeref

  • Acnologia


Results are only viewable after voting.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Iz*one! :zomg did you do gacha and get Sakura?
I wasn't aware that Sakura was part of that group, so nope, I didn't pull on that one. :XD
Wait no marian figurine in your 5000 pics @syx

I haven't found Marian Cross, didn't look for Marian Cross, and even if I had found him, I definitely wouldn't have wasted the space on my phone to take a picture of Marian Cross.



@syx some extra curiosity, if you want to answer:

  1. How long were you there?
  2. How many people did you go with?
  3. Did you eat all the goooood stuff?
  4. Were you in the Yodobashi Camera store in Akiba?
  5. Were you in the Akiba arcades with all the claw machines and other games?
  6. How much did they get you with buying merchandise?
That should do it for the start.
I have been in Japan for around three weeks between August and September. My younger cousin was my sidekick. : ) I wouldn't have mind another one tagging along, but I guess more than three people could be too much? Dunno. It was already a miracle to find even one person after so many years without a real vacation.

In regards to the food...hmh, that is not really easy to answer. What do you consider the good stuff? We didn't really had a "must-eat" list except for some recommendations from Nii and I don't remember all of the names. We had all kind of deep-fried stuff, eel, squid (Takoyaki), oysters, Yakiniku, different types of Sushi and Salmon (roasted, belly), Ochazuke, different seafood stuff (plates, curry), beef steaks, Niku Udon and so on. I also wanted to eat that popular blowfish, but my cousin was against it and I didn't want to eat it alone. I also suggested to eat first, but that didn't change his mind.

Yodobashi Camera Store didn't ring a bell, but one look at google answered that question. Yes, we have been there. It was overwhelming, it's like Amazon in real life. :lmao

The claw machines were everywhere, so impossible to miss. But we only tried our luck once or twice as far as I can recall and didn't get anything. We also saw a lot of Arcades, but seriously... it is way too loud in there for my taste. Played a Mecha game with a movable chair, which was pretty funny but I had no idea what I was doing. Also played the Fate Grand Order arcade game. I had no idea that you have to get a "store card" to play. One of the staff saw how helpless I tried to start the game, so he instantly helped me with everything. He even went as far as waiting at least (I'm not joking) 30 minutes behind me to explain/help me whenever I got stuck (since everything is in Japanese). I have never seen such incredible service in my life.

How much did I buy? Hmh... if you ask Nii, he would definitely say far too little. :lmao I was also hesitant to buy stuff for various reasons:
  • I was always thinking "well, you will probably find something better in the next store"
  • The fear of having to use two suitcases if I buy too much in Tokyo. You have to know, Tokyo was just our first destination. We also went to Mt. Fuji and Osaka. So, I thought it would be way too stressful to drag two suitcases with me.
  • I wanted to buy a lot of clothes, mainly t-shirts with japanese like stuff on them like the Great Wave or a fine looking Geisha face. Unfortunately, in most stores it is not allowed to try on these clothes due to hygienic reasons. Which I understand to some degree, but definitely not fully. I won't spend +30 Euros for a single t-shirt only to realize later that it won't fit me. Not only the correct size is important for me, it also has to have the correct "cut", if you know what I mean.
  • Really wanted to buy several "medium-sized", a little bit expensive figures, but also didn't want to lose them to the german customs because of incredible silly EU laws.
I ended up with - I would say - a lot of manga volumes, several small figures, two medium-sized figures, different kind of souvenirs of different places, a Sabo wanted poster, FGO cards, a Shounen Jump, and a couple of t-shirts from stores where I actually could try them on, lol. But those were non-japanese t-shirts. But I'm extremely happy about my two Houston Rockets t-shirts. There is literally no real Basketball/NBA store in my area here. But there are several ones in Tokyo/Osaka. Of course, I will show pictures of my loot. But first I have to show the rest of the places I visited. : )

But not today.
 
Last edited:

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I wasn't aware that Sakura was part of that group, so nope, I didn't pull on that one. :XD

I haven't found Marian Cross, didn't look for Marian Cross, and even if I had found him, I definitely wouldn't have wasted the space on my phone to take a picture of Marian Cross.




I have been in Japan for around three weeks between August and September. My younger cousin was my sidekick. : ) I wouldn't have mind another one tagging along, but I guess more than three people could be too much? Dunno. It was already a miracle to find even one person after so many years without a real vacation.

In regards to the food...hmh, that is not really easy to answer. What do you consider the good stuff? We didn't really had a "must-eat" list except for some recommendations from Nii and I don't remember all of the names. We had all kind of deep-fried stuff, eel, squid (Takoyaki), oysters, Yakiniku, different types of Sushi and Salmon (roasted, belly), Ochazuke, different seafood stuff (plates, curry), beef steaks, Niku Udon and so on. I also wanted to eat that popular blowfish, but my cousin was against it and I didn't want to eat it alone. I also suggested to eat first, but that didn't change his mind.

Yodobashi Camera Store didn't ring a bell, but one look at google answered that question. Yes, we have been there. It was overwhelming, it's like Amazon in real life. :lmao

The claw machines were everywhere, so impossible to miss. But we only tried our luck once or twice as far as I can recall and didn't get anything. We also saw a lot of Arcades, but seriously... it is way too loud in there for my taste. Played a Mecha game with a movable chair, which was pretty funny but I had no idea what I was doing. Also played the Fate Grand Order arcade game. I had no idea that you have to get a "store card" to play. One of the staff saw how helpless I tried to start the game, so he instantly helped me with everything. He even went as far as waiting at least (I'm not joking) 30 minutes behind me to explain/help me whenever I got stuck (since everything is in Japanese). I have never seen such incredible service in my life.

How much did I buy? Hmh... if you ask Nii, he would definitely say far too little. :lmao I was also hesitant to buy stuff for various reasons:
  • I was always thinking "well, you will probably find something better in the next store"
  • The fear of having to use two suitcases if I buy too much in Tokyo. You have to know, Tokyo was just our first destination. We also went to Mt. Fuji and Osaka. So, I thought it would be way too stressful to drag two suitcases with me.
  • I wanted to buy a lot of clothes, mainly t-shirts with japanese like stuff on them like the Great Wave or a fine looking Geisha face. Unfortunately, in most stores it is not allowed to try on these clothes due to hygienic reasons. Which I understand to some degree, but definitely not fully. I won't spend +30 Euros for a single t-shirt only to realize later that it won't fit me. Not only the correct size is important for me, it also has to have the correct "cut", if you know what I mean.
  • Really wanted to buy several "medium-sized", a little bit expensive figures, but also didn't want to lose them to the german customs because of incredible silly EU laws.
I ended up with - I would say - a lot of manga volumes, several small figures, two medium-sized figures, different kind of souvenirs of different places, a Sabo wanted poster, FGO cards, a Shounen Jump, and a couple of t-shirts from stores where I actually could try them on, lol. But those were non-japanese t-shirts. But I'm extremely happy about my two Houston Rockets t-shirts. There is literally no real Basketball/NBA store in my area here. But there are several ones in Tokyo/Osaka. Of course, I will show pictures of my loot. But first I have to show the rest of the places I visited. : )

But not today.
That‘s a good amount of time, and you even went outside Tokyo. Never been to Osaka, how‘s it there? Was it you who planned the whole trip, and how much did you plan and how much was spontaneous „how you feel at the moment“ for how to spend a day?

Did you go to some famous restaurants/ramen places? Ichiran, ippudo, coco curry(for the curry) etc?
How would yodobashi not ring a bell? They play their music every few seconds inside the store, by the time you exit you‘ll be humming it like a brainwashed person.

Those damn arcades took so much of my yen :arf Mostly the time-stop machines. They feel like they‘re skill-based unlike the claws. I‘ve won lots on it, but still overspent there. The rest of the arcade floors with the games are super loud yeah.

How much are you missing Japan now that you‘re gone? The helpfulness of their workers is another world compared to the rude inconsiderate germans.

Good reasons for not buying too much. Any souvenirs for people at home?
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,074
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
I wasn't aware that Sakura was part of that group, so nope, I didn't pull on that one. :XD

I haven't found Marian Cross, didn't look for Marian Cross, and even if I had found him, I definitely wouldn't have wasted the space on my phone to take a picture of Marian Cross.

Syx-kun !






tssss

 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
That‘s a good amount of time, and you even went outside Tokyo. Never been to Osaka, how‘s it there? Was it you who planned the whole trip, and how much did you plan and how much was spontaneous „how you feel at the moment“ for how to spend a day?
We stayed around nine days in Osaka. Within those nine days, we went to Kyoto for three days, one day was reserved for Nara, and more than half a day we spent in Hyogo at the Himeji Castle. Ultimately, we had a little more than three days we could spend in Osaka itself.

Osaka is actually pretty nice. Compared to Tokyo, it is less crowded, more calm, more comfortable for sightseeing and shopping. The women in Osaka also look a little bit better than in Tokyo, I kept an eye on this, hehe. Tokyo is still number 1, but Osaka won't disappoint, especially since it is relatively close to Kyoto, so you can kill two birds with one stone if you are into traditional stuff.

We planned every single day together with my cousin with the recommendations of Nii and several websites, youtube videos and so on. We started with the planning several months before (around or before April). That was a huge task, because there is simply too much to see. On paper, we had a "strict" guide to follow, but we were aware of the fact that we won't be able to follow it 100%. We both are/were pretty easygoing and flexible. To our surprise, most of the stuff we planned worked out. We actually had a lot in our list, maybe a little bit too much. On average, we walked around 18km/day, haha. No regrets, though. But next time - and there will be a next time for me - I'll plan less to see.

Did you go to some famous restaurants/ramen places? Ichiran, ippudo, coco curry(for the curry) etc?
Hmh, I would be lying if I tell you that I know the mentioned restaurants (Ichiran, ippudo, coco curry). Could be we ate there, maybe not, we didn't keep track on that.

How would yodobashi not ring a bell? They play their music every few seconds inside the store, by the time you exit you‘ll be humming it like a brainwashed person.
I guess we were too fascinated and overwhelmed by the otaku stores. :lmao

Those damn arcades took so much of my yen :arf Mostly the time-stop machines. They feel like they‘re skill-based unlike the claws. I‘ve won lots on it, but still overspent there. The rest of the arcade floors with the games are super loud yeah.
I would have played a lot more Arcade games, but my cousin wasn't into it that much.

How much are you missing Japan now that you‘re gone? The helpfulness of their workers is another world compared to the rude inconsiderate germans.
Honestly, I miss Japan a lot. However, this is just a tourist speaking here. I mean, when otaku stuff is one of your main hobbies (forget otaku stuff, I can't even find a proper Basketball store around Frankfurt ffs), then Tokyo is like a paradise. Not to mention all those peaceful and wonderful gardens. We basically relaxed in those gardens for more than 30 minutes without talking to each other, without checking our phones, just sitting there and enjoying the nature. The cleanliness (even though there are hardly any trash bins, mind you), the order, the mentality of the people and how understanding they are, even if you make a mistake, was totally new to me. In Paris, people refused to talk to me in english despite being able to do so. I also like the Japanese cuisine more than the german and turkish one. Yes, I miss Japan a lot, as a tourist that is.

Good reasons for not buying too much. Any souvenirs for people at home?
People at home? :lmao There was a time where I thought that I bought more for family/friends than for myself, haha. Every family (member) and friend close to me got something. Some got keychains, others manga volumes, plushies, magnets or miniature figures of sights (Great Buddha, Himeji Castle...).

Syx-kun !






tssss

We can talk about every and anything, but Marian Cross... crosses the line, haha.



Next batch of pictures:
Meiji Shrine - Yoyogi Park - Harajuku - Shibuya

Here we are at the Meiji Shrine. Beautiful place. The Meiji Shrine was kinda special to us because we were approached by a group of students who were on club activity duty. They were trying to improve their english skills and asked, if we would allow them to guide us through the location. Of course we accepted and had a very pleasent talk with them. They also taught us how to pray properly and helped us with the votive tablets. They were all very charming. I'm even in contact with one of them. My biggest regret: I didn't buy them anything as a thank-you. I should have bought some sweets or something else, I don't know why I haven't... : /






Here we are at the Yoyogi Park. As I said before, these parks and gardens are very big and very relaxing. I wished we had such places around my location.















Now, we are on our way to Harajuku and Shibuya.
We thought these were delicious sweets, but it turned out to be soaps... well... we think those are soaps, haha.


Fancy entrance.




Here we are in a big Samsung Store. Really cool place with all kind of stuff. There are also several small attractions you can ride/play for free.









@Kiki, you know this guy? xD



This must be the Shibuya Crossing.








I got my hands on a Sabo wanted poster. : )



Shibuya Crossing again, this time from above.
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,660
Reaction score
31,921
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Lol Taemin :lmao yes I know him. And his song: Famous.

Did you go to Hitachi Seaside Park? :wtf

xi0, Sky, and Nii must be annoyed when reading this. They be like, "ugh, kiki and his hitachi again"
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,074
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Your pics Syx-kun are really gorgeous !! Im jealous :pout


Syx said:
We can talk about every and anything, but Marian Cross... crosses the line, haha.
But why... ?


he did nothing wrong !


Masaka ! could it be you re jealous of his gorgeous red-hair !



you can still dye yours :arf heres for you !


oups Im dead ! :arf



 
Last edited:

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Lol Taemin :lmao yes I know him. And his song: Famous.

Did you go to Hitachi Seaside Park? :wtf

xi0, Sky, and Nii must be annoyed when reading this. They be like, "ugh, kiki and his hitachi again"
Sadly, I was not aware of that park. It looks wonderful. But I don't think it would have been feasible to visit it. It's 2-3h away from Tokyo. You would have to put aside more than half of your day for it. But thanks that you mentioned it. Definitely worth a shot next time.

Your pics Syx-kun are really gorgeous !! Im jealous :pout




But why... ?


he did nothing wrong !


Masaka ! could it be you re jealous of his gorgeous red-hair !



you can still dye yours :arf heres for you !


oups Im dead ! :arf





How could I be jealous of Marian Cross? Dude personifies a lot of things I don't like:
  • ugly long hair
  • red hair
  • smoker
  • character of a manga series with the hiatus disease
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,074
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Sadly, I was not aware of that park. It looks wonderful. But I don't think it would have been feasible to visit it. It's 2-3h away from Tokyo. You would have to put aside more than half of your day for it. But thanks that you mentioned it. Definitely worth a shot next time.




How could I be jealous of Marian Cross? Dude personifies a lot of things I don't like:
  • ugly long hair
  • red hair
  • smoker
  • character of a manga series with the hiatus disease
oh well...
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
syx is such a tsundere :noworry I don't trust his red hair statement either, as the Shanks fanboy he is :3
Maybe he likes Shanks for more reasons than just the hair color. Not like he‘d hate a character just for the hair.

Though I never really liked many red haired characters either, now that I think about it :hmm
 
  • Hug
Reactions: syx

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Maybe he likes Shanks for more reasons than just the hair color. Not like he‘d hate a character just for the hair.

Though I never really liked many red haired characters either, now that I think about it :hmm
Way to ruin my teasing with a serious answer Gry, thank you :p

Hair color is a relatively minor trait in my eyes, what matters is the character himself/herself obviously. I think they can all look good with a nice design, but ofc everyone has his preferences :nod
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Way to ruin my teasing with a serious answer Gry, thank you :p

Hair color is a relatively minor trait in my eyes, what matters is the character himself/herself obviously. I think they can all look good with a nice design, but ofc everyone has his preferences :nod
I‘ll just see myself out :slowly
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Btw what’s syx abusing to make the thread title empty? Don‘t think that it‘s just an empty space, seems smaller like a dot.
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I‘ll just see myself out :slowly
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Btw what’s syx abusing to make the thread title empty? Don‘t think that it‘s just an empty space, seems smaller like a dot.
I think syx is welcoming your presence, so don't leave yet : D

As far as I know, that was just his decision to get some attention. It's basically a period, yup.
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,074
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Maybe he likes Shanks for more reasons than just the hair color. Not like he‘d hate a character just for the hair.

Though I never really liked many red haired characters either, now that I think about it :hmm

You got it wrong, gry, you make it sounds as if i like Marian just bc of his red hair, but ive never said that, hes an amazing char that happens to be red-haired, and coincidentally i happen to nominate mostly red-haired char (marian, kouka...) or vote for red haired char in mh contests, hence the joke. :errr
Im amazed that this joke is taken that seriously, as if i would value a person or a character just by such a insignificant detail as their hair color :arf


oh btw @Nii just realized your avys are most of times red-haired (last one was hinata) :hmph

 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
You got it wrong, gry, you make it sounds as if i like Marian just bc of his red hair, but ive never said that, hes an amazing char that happens to be red-haired, and coincidentally i happen to nominate mostly red-haired char (marian, kouka...) or vote for red haired char in mh contests, hence the joke. :errr
Im amazed that this joke is taken that seriously, as if i would value a person or a character just by such a insignificant detail as their hair color :arf


oh btw @Nii just realized your avys are most of times red-haired (last one was hinata) :hmph

Coincidentally hmm? :heh I know it‘s mostly a joke, but patterns can be fun to discover and poke at.
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
syx is such a tsundere :noworry
I'm not a tsundere.

I‘ll just see myself out :slowly
Don't listen to Nii. He just can't handle competition that well. This is your home, bro.

Btw what’s syx abusing to make the thread title empty? Don‘t think that it‘s just an empty space, seems smaller like a dot.
It's basically a period, yup.
That's classified information. It's not a dot though.

As far as I know, that was just his decision to get some attention.
:rolleyes:



............


or more like I can't bc look at all my shiny badges from past awards
:rolleyes:
MH would be nothing without me, NOTHING :arf
:rolleyes:
Well at least even with such filthy tactics Erin didn't get more awards than me, and let's not even talk about syx, only 2 awards even though you used the same strategy as her. Pathetic I say.
:rolleyes:
Well whatever I guess, I mean I still have the most awards on this site by far, right? I'm a freaking legend, so a year without getting another medal won't hurt me.
All these plebs still have a long way to go to reach me, and I'm telling you it won't be easy.
:rolleyes:
Because, yes, I will make your life a living hell if I ever see you getting close. Or maybe I will just outright ban you, I'm red and I can do whatever the hell I want.
:rolleyes:
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Omg those messages, #ImpeachNii

So syx did you find out whether you‘d have time for the MG?
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
oh btw @Nii just realized your avys are most of times red-haired (last one was hinata) :hmph

Well that's more orange than red in my eyes, for both Shirou and Hinata xD And don't misunderstand, all hair colors are fine with me as long as the guy/girl is a good character. It was syx who basically reduced Marian to nothing but his looks :hmph (and the manga he's in lol)

I'm not a tsundere.

:rolleyes:



............



:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:
Oh you so are.

lol quoting single sentences out of context, that's cheap :p Leave it to you to remember a post from two years ago bc I dared to make fun of you :teehee
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,660
Reaction score
31,921
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
here syx have some sakura-chan :wtf

 
  • Hug
Reactions: syx

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Have you watched JoJo by the way?




You are trying to convince people to not post HnK stuff in my thread? Wow, that hurt... if you would only know what I messaged to @Nii a couple days (or so) ago, you might regret posting a post like this. : /


Rockets lost, Harden was underwhelming, what should I do with my life now? Way to start a season...




@Kiki


All the pics and videos/AMVs are appreciated! Thanks a lot. : )
Lol westbrook and harden are fun to watch together
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx
Top